Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2011-03-08, 6:29am
Ready to hit the road

Quote:
In fact I just had a "senior moment" yesterday and ordered the Marble Techniques for Flameworkers book - which wouldn't have been a problem normally - except after I ordered it, I realized I had just ordered the same book on Saturday!!
LOL, glad I'm not the only one who's done that.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-03-08, 8:36am

Thanks for the input everyone. It's true, that while I used Target as an example, we are not comparable.

Target has 100's of stores, and millions of dollars. We are a small, family owned and operated business. We have 15 employees here with families, who depend on our company to remain profitable. We ALWAYS include specific dates in our sales, and we have to stick to that. Or else, we'd be opening the door for an endless amount of refunds. We do sales, when we are able to do them. It's not always possible. Therefore, I feel our policy is the correct one here. I really appreciate all the comments on this topic.

Thanks, have a great day everyone! There will continue to be great sales from ABR for years and years to come. So, stay on your toes, and don't miss out!

Old 2011-03-08, 8:37am

Those initials were not who I was dealing with btw!

Old 2011-03-08, 8:38am
Glass-aholic

Good job Dave.

Quote:
We ALWAYS include specific dates in our sales, and we have to stick to that.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2011-03-08, 8:41am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Usually her M.O. is to say something wasn't right but God I hope she's not back.

Another "small" vendor piping in here. I never know when I'm having a sale but if a customer bought from me the day before or so and asked for the discount, I would give it to them. They may have waited a day or so had they known
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
It sure does sound like KKL, doesn't it?

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2011-03-08, 8:42am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Yeh, but the cussing and hanging up on you and the threatening to never order from you again and threatening to speak badly about you on the internet sure fits.
Ugh, it sure does - and I think it's safe to assume she's never going away.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2011-03-08, 8:43am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Those initials were not who I was dealing with btw!
But does she live in San Diego, CA or close to there? The KL whackadoodle has been known to use several different names.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2011-03-08, 9:46am
Salt Box Beads

I didn't read all of the posts but I hope you kept her e-mails? What she did is illegal. It is extortion. She also threatened you with slander here on LE.

I do not like seeing LE used in this way. DO NOT GIVE HER AN INCH!!

If she does try to slander you here, just post her emails and a link to this thread. She will be run out of the joint by the local possee..LOL
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
!!!

All I can say is she is a very mean spirited person who will not last long in the lampworking world. I would add her to the current list of 'bad apples'.

It is amazing how big this list is getting. I never knew there were that many ugly people out there. By ugly I mean who they are inside not their looks.

Just a whole lotta ugly going on and we need to protect each other from it...uh...them.

Hugs, no worries, be happy
Old 2011-03-08, 11:14am
Will work for Glass

I have ordered glass and then it is on sale a few weeks later. I have just said 'darn' and moved on. It is the nature of this type of sale and I don't think we can expect retro pricing when the items have already been received. Otherwise no one would have sales because of the hassle. Advice is to buy most on sale and don't look back on the things you had to buy that aren't on sale.

Northern Mermaid Beads

Old 2011-03-08, 11:43am
Flame Dames Rule!

ohforgodsake, do *not* give way to blackmail. You think she does the same thing to Frantz when they have their sales? Would love to see Mikey's reply to THAT.

You're in the right, stand your ground. She can't hurt you. *s*

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2011-03-08, 12:05pm
Storm Queen

Wahwahbabypants comes to mind. I had a huge sale for our business for our 10 year anniversary (6 years ago) and while the vast majority of my customers were fabulous about it I remember one pissy person that emailed me with "but it's not FAAIIIIR!"

Old 2011-03-08, 12:41pm
Experimentalist

Quote:
... What she did is illegal. It is extortion. ...
This.

Old 2011-03-10, 4:16pm

I think it should be up to the individual vendor on whether to honor past or upcoming sale prices. I've been in that same position before, too. If I missed the last sale or don't check for sales, oh well I've lost a deal.

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2011-03-10, 5:44pm
Against the Grain

Quote:
Usually her M.O. is to say something wasn't right but God I hope she's not back.

Another "small" vendor piping in here. I never know when I'm having a sale but if a customer bought from me the day before or so and asked for the discount, I would give it to them. They may have waited a day or so had they known
I'm in agreement with you Reenie. There is no excuse for cussing, hanging up the phone, and making threats. Giving that type of person what they want only reinforces the bad behavior.

Old 2011-03-10, 5:52pm
It's about having fun!

I think you have a right to stick to the sale dates. Gee's what a nightmare it would be for you to keep up with if you didn't. As a consumer it's just the way it goes.
Thank you! Joni
Old 2011-03-12, 11:01pm
Sarah Jane's grandma

I bought some glass from Frantz a few weeks ago. After it arrived, their new sale started. I thought, "Shoot, I timed that badly. LOL" I would never assume that they owed me something just because some of the same items I bought, were suddenly on sale for a cheaper amount. A sale is a sale. If you are buying before or after, then well, you missed it. No vendor should be required to refund some of your money for something like that. I'm shocked. On a side note, when I saw the same glass I'd just received was on sale, I did what any smart woman would do- I ordered some more!

Old 2011-03-13, 3:09am
Naysayer

Every time I order glass or supplies, there is a sale the next day or week.
Other than
not much I can do, I missed it.. my bad.
Old 2011-03-13, 9:44pm

I've ordered glass many times over the past dozen years, from numerous vendors, and missed a fabulous "sale" by a day or two, and blamed myself for bad timing. It never occurred to me to blame the vendor, geez, that would make me feel a whole lot better about myself!
I don't expect any company to honor a sale price except on the dates of the announced sale. Not Kohl's, Target, or ABR.
Anita

Old 2011-03-17, 1:23pm
Powers Art Studio

haha, this happens to us all the time! We never ask for the sale price, we just accept that we missed it.

Quote:
Every time I order glass or supplies, there is a sale the next day or week.
Other than
not much I can do, I missed it.. my bad.

Old 2011-03-17, 5:01pm
Carpe beadum

"I was hung up on multiple times, cussed at, and told that unless I retroactively apply the sale to her order, she would post bad about us, and never order again."

You catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar. You may have had an opportunity to be merciful, but I would say she pretty well shot those possibilities down. It's your business. You call the shots and are not at the mercy of a demanding, crabby customer. She should learn from her mistakes. As a vendor, I would have shown a little more leeway had she shown a bit more courtesy

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 2011-03-18, 5:15am

Dave,
You are in "the right" here. She's trying to blackmail you and that's not cool. I wouldn't worry about the bad press here because if she does.....guess what......she'll just expose herself to the entire community. This will cause her more harm than her than it will ever hurt you because we are all privy to what happened. Thanks for letting the community know there's another nutty person out there to keep a look out for.