Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-02-15, 8:14am
Growing Edge Glass

Default Barton Como Assoc..anyone familiar?

Not sure of where to post this question...so I opted for here.

I've been approached by the director of design at Barton Como Accessories. They're interested in my glass work (I'm assuming, cabochons) for their line of men's artisan cufflinks.

Just curious if anyone else has worked with them(or heard of them) and what you're experience was. They are located in Philly and one of their retail outlets is Daniel Dolce. Any input would be appreciated as I've never heard of them.

thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2010-02-17, 10:10am

look them up in the better business bureau for PA.
good luck if it works out!
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2010-02-17, 10:14am
Growing Edge Glass

Hi Ro....I searched online and corresponded with the buyer alittle. They basically want to buy cabs/glass wholesale to use on their men's cufflinks. We provide samples and they sell and then place orders with us to fill. Not for me!

-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2013-03-26, 11:43am
Senior Member | Jenelle

I just got an invite, going to make up some cabs this week as samples for them. Will let you guys know how this goes as there is scant info online about them, or other artists working with them, as pertains to the glass cuff links. But it could be a nice side cash flow, with regular orders, and we get to make the designs, could be fun Jenelle

|
|
|
|

Old 2013-03-26, 1:53pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

I also had been approached a while back. I was interested, but I have not heard from them in a while.

--
--
--

Old 2013-03-26, 5:59pm
Senior Member | Jenelle

Cool Rose, did you ever send them any samples? I will let you know how things progress

|
|
|
|

Old 2013-03-26, 7:03pm
Sheila Davis Designs

They contacted me to a couple months ago... I decided not to do it...too much like production work!

Old 2013-03-26, 7:12pm
Senior Member | Jenelle

Sheila is "Outside Shelton" Shelton, WA? Yeah we declined a couple of years ago on this same deal as well. Did not have the time or even know where to start on cabs. I am glad they wrote us back, things are totally different now, and Dan and I do mostly production work (of our own designs) anyways. Will see how it goes.... =~)

|
|
|
|

Old 2013-03-26, 7:15pm
Sheila Davis Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sortaflower View Post
Sheila is "Outside Shelton" Shelton, WA? Yeah we declined a couple of years ago on this same deal as well. Did not have the time or even know where to start on cabs. I am glad they wrote us back, things are totally different now, and Dan and I do mostly production work (of our own designs) anyways. Will see how it goes.... =~)
Yes! We are neighbors!

Old 2013-03-26, 7:18pm
Senior Member | Jenelle

Awesome! I may run into you at Frantz some day!

|
|
|
|

Old 2013-03-27, 7:51am
SCIENCE Teacher!

I've done production work before. It's not horrible and it pays the bills.
Old 2013-03-27, 10:43am
Senior Member | Jenelle

That's what I am talking about Robin, something steady might be nice. Looking forward to getting some samples sent off and seeing how they operate. Will let you all know how it goes. Jenelle

|
|
|
|

Old 2013-06-19, 9:25am
Lush!

Hi Jenelle
Did you take this any further? I have also been approached and I also do production work. I'm waiting to hear more from Amy.

Old 2013-06-19, 2:53pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Oh Jenelle, I didn't notice that you asked me a question! No, I never sent samples, I was told to wait until some new findings were developed.

I still have not heard back.

--
--
--

Old 2013-06-19, 3:08pm

I was contacted too.