Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-01-07, 10:45pm
Redbearmountain

Default Cleaning Vessels

Hello, please tell me what you use for cleaning down inside of vessels! I am having problems with getting the bead release out. I am using a soak in a small crock pot. Are there any brushes or etc...for dremels that can be used? Just would like to know the best way to clean my vessels. Niya

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-01-08, 9:44am
honorary bead lady

Niya

For just the necks of blown vessels.
The cylindrical diamond bit in the center about 1/4", I chuck mine in a drill press (lowest speed) and a tray of water

Old 2011-01-08, 9:56am
Glass-aholic

A water pick will clean out the inside, but a small coffee straw, and a jet of water from the faucet is just as well.

As for the bead release, soaking alone will just not do. Treat it like any other beads. Dremel With diamond tip, pipe cleaners (the real ones), taking the mandrel and water and running it against the side until the release comes out. There are brushes that are specifically sold to brush out the release, but in your toothbrush isle they have these cool little packs of brushes that work really well, and cheep.

sort of like this

There are other things people have tried as well i am sure, but this will get you started.

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2011-01-10, 8:49pm

The little brushes that Jaci is suggesting is an excellent option - they work great! I get a small pkg everytime I go to the dentist. Also - I soak my beads in vinegar after taking them off the mandrel. Vinegar is great for removing the bead release.
Old 2011-01-11, 8:19pm
Fire n Sand Glass Art

I use the same bits for vessels that I use on Pandora beads, the bit is 5mm wide with a pointed end.

I have a few in my etsy shop if your interested.

~
~
~
~