Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2017-08-09, 3:02pm

Default EDP 254

We are still waiting for Effetre to come up with a new formula to make EDP 591254 Purple.

While cleaning up a bunch of boxes of glass I have been finding some 254 which I had rejected earlier because the rods may have been too thin or too thick.

Now that there is no 254 Purple, I am sorting and testing and will have a few pounds, maybe 5 pounds.

I had thought of offering it In our TBYB (Try Before You Buy), but it would be more like TBYCB (Try Before You Can't Buy) as there is non available for sale.

I am testing each rod I have in the torch and some of the thicker rods I had to preheat in a kiln before putting into flame to avoid thermal shocking.

It will take a week or longer before I am ready to offer them for sale or?

Mike

I a

Frantz Art Glass Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Torch Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2017-08-09, 5:14pm

TBYCB Try But You Can't Buy....lol You could always do a raffle.....
Old 2017-08-10, 4:42am
Slogan Challenged...

That sounds like a good idea! I hope they can come up with something too. Everything changes.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2017-08-10, 9:26pm

Oh I hope to secure a random pound
Old 2017-08-19, 11:46pm

I would love a pound too!
Old 2017-08-25, 8:05pm
Glass Lover

SO....254 has been unavailable? They aren't making anymore or what's the scoop with that?
I haven't made beads in a very long time, nor kept up with the industry, so a bit out of touch sorry.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2017-08-26, 8:53am
Chief Creative Goddess

MIKE!!!
I think I deserve a pound since I started this whole EDP stampede when I asked you for some here!!!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2017-08-26, 8:56am

Default What's Up With 104 color!

Quote:
SO....254 has been unavailable? They aren't making anymore or what's the scoop with that?
I haven't made beads in a very long time, nor kept up with the industry, so a bit out of touch sorry.
New rules in Italy and one of the important components of 591254 is no longer allowed to be used, and to this point no replacement has been discovered.

As I was cleaning up in our building I found some 1/4 pound bags of glass that is listed as either 254 or 257. I have been heating up each rod and testing to see if it is 254 or 257. And in addition to those I have found rods of 254 that I had rejected last year because of their thickness, but now I am testing them.

The larger rods of about 8mm when preheated in my kiln do not pop and explode.

I probably need another week to finish my testing and then will probably put these remaining rods into the fun house or find some other great way to share this rare color with our customers.

In the meantime we have gotten a restock on CiM colors plus next week we should be getting our Effetre shipment and in this shipment is a huge amount of the new Effetre Super Clear as well as other restocks and a few surprises.

Still waiting to hear from Vetrofond in regards to when they can ship the new Vetrofond Clear.

As soon as some production is available of the new Vetrofond Clear, we will airfreight some to us. I expect the seafreight shipment to arrive with new Vetrofond around the end of the year.

Lots of new colors coming from CiM later this year!!!!

Mike

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2017-08-26, 11:50am
Fried Cat

Enchanted and Rapunzel from CIM is gorgeous.

Here's hoping 254 is not a total loss, but I completely understand with the new rule in effect. Can't argue with that one not a bit.
Old 2017-08-26, 1:22pm
Slogan Challenged...

Great news! I am dying for super clear. Would love to try the Vetrofond also.
Do you have any news on CIM Stoneground? I turned around and it is gone!

Facebook:

Etsy: