Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-04-20, 7:12am

Default Rides to Glass Stock/ Hotel rooms to share

Thought I'd start a thread just for people wanting to share rides or hotel rooms. I know one person has already offered to share the drive and hopefully as people get their flights and reservations down there will be more.

I'm still waiting to see if I can get enough time off work to go visit my mother in Medford and Sister in Ashland before going home. But I might need to share a ride down there, and maybe a room.

I'm just so excited to be going at all. Can't wait to meet everyone.
Melody
Old 2009-04-20, 7:36am

I am considering renting a house for the duration. If you're interested let me know and I'll see what I can find. I'm thinking a house that sleeps 6...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Elleth; 2009-04-20 at 7:41am.
Old 2009-04-20, 9:15am
I'm meeeeelting

I'm up for sharing a hotel room or house. I'd also love to share the drive, if anyone's heading down from the Seattle area.

Last year the Frantz Bash was the weekend before GS and I bunch of people flew in early to attend before driving down to the coast (I met a few out-of-state GS attendees at the Bash). I haven't heard this year's date yet, but thought I'd throw that out here before people start booking flights, in case anyone is interested in doing that this year if the Bash is at the same time. I'll be at Frantz this weekend and can ask about the date, if anyone wants it.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:

Last edited by artsyuno; 2009-04-20 at 9:22am.
Old 2009-04-20, 9:34am

I started a house sharing thread so I can keep track of who wants to share a house easier. So post there if you are interested...

Last edited by Elleth; 2009-04-20 at 9:38am.
Old 2009-04-20, 9:36am

Rides from the airport and hotel sharing would be good for me. Haven't made reservations yet. Will be out of touch for the next two weeks so will need to wait until I return.

More glass goodness? I may implode. Glass stock is super, but Frantz Bash too? Don't think I could handle both. But, may be worth trying.

Joan
Old 2009-04-20, 4:00pm
Bitten by the travel bug

I definitely need a ride from and to Portland, as Im not keen on renting a car and driving on the wrong side of the road.

I fly into Portland on Tues 1st sept at 1pm, so if people want to head up wed, Id have one night in portland, and I fly out of Portland at 11.25 am on the monday, so I need someone willing to head back earlyish on monday morning.

Ive been chatting to 1 person about sharing a ride, but they wont be coming back that early on monday, so I need a lift at least in that direction.

I am also interested in sharing a room - Im interested in the new accomodation across the road that deb spoke about, but Ive also put my name in the house thread...

Old 2009-04-20, 9:38pm

Default camping option

I mentioned this on another thread, but will mention again. Oregon state has a public campground and park at South Beach and it is about a mile from GS by car and possibly much closer by foot. I reserved a tent campsite there for $22/night. Has electricity and water and is near the bathroom( flush toilets) and showers (hot water). Up to 8 people are allowed per site, and I'm willing to share the space. There are other spaces avail now, but will prob fill up soon. It is really quite nice--I'm not much of a camper but don't expect to spend a lot of time there. The campground is a sand dune away from ocean and walks on the beach.
Old 2009-04-20, 9:58pm

Default sleeping space offer near Portland

I live in Hillsboro OR which is about 30-45 minutes west of Portland depending on traffic. I have a couple bedrooms and lots of floor space which I'd be happy to share with anyone who needs lodging for a day or 2 either side of GS. There is public transportation near my home and it can be a base to explore Portland. I live with my husband and an older miniature schnauzer. I plan to go to the coast on Wed. afternoon and back home on Sunday evening.
Old 2009-04-20, 11:41pm

Elyn, we're practically neighbors! I lived in Hillsboro for 20 years and moved to Scappoose about 3 years ago. Still go into Hillsboro to take the dogs to the vet, go to Costco or meet up with former co-workers. Small world, eh?

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2009-04-21, 1:35pm

I posted this in the other thread but I am avail if anyone needs a ride. I have a large comfortable car and can come and pick up anyone at the airport I live right by it.

Old 2009-04-21, 2:27pm

Default ride

I might take you up on that. There might be two of us. When are you going home? I may stay awhile (have family in Ashland/Medford) but the other person will have to leave on Monday, I'm guessing.
Melody
Old 2009-04-21, 4:22pm
Boheme Flamework Designs

I'd love to share a ride from the Portland airport to GS and then to the rental house - I'm so excited. Or I'll rent a car if someone will drive - don't do well on the highway but I'm ok driving around town.

Deb Cline
Old 2009-04-21, 4:25pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Me too, please!!!!

Deb, do you want to coordinate our flight so we fly out together? I'm so excited.

Old 2009-04-21, 4:26pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Deb, is Tracy coming too? Whoo hoo!!

Old 2009-04-21, 5:23pm
Bitten by the travel bug

I think the next 5 months are going to kill me - Im so excited!

Old 2009-04-21, 5:24pm
I'm meeeeelting

I know!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2009-04-21, 6:38pm
Master Procrastinator

I posted in the other thread too. I'd love to get either a ride from the airport or share a rental with someone (s). I'd also be interested in sharing a house rental with others. I don't have a flight yet. I still need to double check on the dates.

Is there anyone going from the NY area? It would be fun to find someone to fly out with too if it works.

Old 2009-04-21, 9:04pm

If at all possible and you want to ride with me back I would love to have a later flight on monday or even if you were leaving on Tuesday so we dont have to rush back to town after glass stock I bet we will love to sleep in a little bit and maybe do a little sightseeing on the way back. I would even take people to Glass Alchemy or even bullsey on the way back or before if we are waiting for people to come in

Old 2009-04-21, 9:43pm
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana

Yes, Lisa! I am going to Glass Stock, too! It was SUCH a welcome email, I have to say! I would love to drive your car and help with expenses, Deb! I'm so grateful to Deb C for picking me...I think it was just the pick-me-up I needed in an otherwise bleak world right about now.

CA gift numbers:
Old 2009-04-21, 9:48pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Yay Tracy!

Old 2009-04-21, 9:59pm

YAY I get to meet Tracy!!!

Old 2009-04-21, 11:31pm
Master Procrastinator

OMG!!! Is Glass Alchemy near there too? I didn't realize that. I would of course love to go there too. The only thing is that wouldn't they be closed on that Monday since it's Labor Day?

I would love to ride with you too Lisa if you have room for me. I'll start looking into flights tomorrow, but will PM you to see if it would be convenient for you before I book anything.

Old 2009-04-22, 12:20am

Right close to the airport!!!! Sounds good Lea You were talking to me right?? even though I am Lori I will answer to Lisa.

Old 2009-04-22, 4:32pm

Default North Star

For those who want to stop on their way or have time to stay and extra day - North Star is in Portland, too. Last year Abe gave me a private tour of the whole place and it was awesome. So neat to see the molten glass being made into rods. . . And Abe's the greatest.
Melody
Old 2009-04-22, 5:00pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bead crazy View Post
Right close to the airport!!!! Sounds good Lea You were talking to me right?? even though I am Lori I will answer to Lisa.
:lol

Old 2009-04-22, 6:41pm

That is true, Abe told me anytime I want to come to let him know. The only thing is he may not be home yet as he will be at glass stock too.

Old 2009-04-24, 1:01am

If I get over my fear of the demo I'll be flying from Albany, NY. I'm VERY interested in sharing rides to and/or from Portland and also a room!

-Sarah
Old 2009-04-24, 12:39pm
Gay rights R human rights

Unfortunately, there is a weekend inbetween the bash and glass stock this year. The bash is on the 23rd.

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2009-05-04, 1:11pm

We could use 2-3 more people if I can get this awesome house with a hot tub for a soak before bed and right on the beach but it is more than our original house so if I can get a couple more people then we can do that one but need them by tomorrow

Old 2009-05-11, 8:43pm
Bitten by the travel bug

Soxia - you cant even think about dropping your spot just because of the demo?! Dont you dare!! It will be fine - demo something quick and get it over with