Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-07-08, 12:16pm

Arrow Sara Sally LaGrand - Rockland, Maine - Aug. 28-29, and Aug. 30, 2011

!!! Date Change !!!
*Please disregard the dates in the title of this thread. Title bar can't be edited*
Change to
Saturday/Sunday class

New dates >> Sat/Sun, Aug. 27-28 --- 'Creativity and the Glass Corsage/Necklace'
plus
Monday class
New date >> Monday, Aug 29 -- 'Get a Reaction-Silver Glass 104'

Coming right up! Please call now to secure your seat!
---> Psst! The coast of Maine is always beautiful, but in August it's awesome!

Playing with Fire! Glassworks & Gallery - Rockland, Maine
will be hosting

Sara Sally LaGrand
for two exciting workshops!

'Creativity and the Glass Corsage/Necklace'
Sat/Sun, Aug. 27-28
- (was: Aug 28-29, 2011 Sunday-Monday)

- $475.00
This class will focus on the creation of a glass corsage and necklace.
The first day, will be the lampworking portion, followed by wire working and assemblage the second day. The students will learn how to create the sculptural shapes. The students should have had several years of lampworking experience. No beginners... Experimentation with color combinations will be encouraged. The students will be shown how to create glass sculptures using creative methods with the final design in mind. They will be making glass corsages of their OWN creation, not the exact piece shown. Each piece they create will be unique to them.

'Get a Reaction-Silver Glass 104' - $240.00 Monday, Aug, 29
(was:Tues., Aug 30, 2011)
This one-day class will cover the most cost effective ways to use the highly silvered 104 glasses including decoration. Precision 104 from Northstar, Double Helix and TAG glass as well as parts of the Vetrofond and Moretti palette are selected for most interesting results. Several projects will enhance the students ability to test colors, mix colors and apply those techniques to bead decoration. Each student will take home a handbook filled with test results utilizing stringer techniques. Each student will gain knowledge of how to test colors for maximum results. For beyond beginners.
Stop wasting that expensive glass and learn how to use it effectively!

-- Lunches included -- possible materials fee

Please call 207-594-7805 to reserve your seat, and please download our Class/Workshop enrollment form, and mail with your payment by check or credit card, or Fax your form to us with your credit card info.
~ Click here for the enrollment form ~

Accommodations: We recommend the Old Granite Inn, conveniently located just a few doors down from the studio. They extend 20% off any room rate year-round to Playing with Fire! students.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Playing with Fire!; 2011-07-18 at 7:38pm. Reason: !! Change of Date !!
Old 2011-07-13, 3:00pm

I have always wanted to go to Maine. In my 5th grade geography class, I remember thinking it must be an awesome place! This will be my first trip ever!

I hear that Rockland, ME is a fabulous resort area. I can't wait to see it!
Old 2011-07-14, 10:38pm

I'm really looking forward to this class! Rockland is great as is all of Maine in the summer... Just avoid Jan-March lol.

Ed and Virginia at Playing with Fire are awesome too, you won't meet two nicer people anywhere else! And their place is wonderful for a class, wish I could get there more often. It's definitely worth the drive though for anyone else thinking about coming up.

Tina

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-07-16, 5:59pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSally View Post
I have always wanted to go to Maine. In my 5th grade geography class, I remember thinking it must be an awesome place! This will be my first trip ever!

I hear that Rockland, ME is a fabulous resort area. I can't wait to see it!
Sara we can't wait to have you here! Maine *IS* an awesome place!

Rockland is a great little town! We have a world class art museum -- the Farnsworth Art Museum, just a block from the studio... along with twenty-two galleries in town. We have the harbor, paddle boarding, kayaking, sailing, a wonderful rocky coast, islands, beaches, light houses, a coffee roaster, and fantastic restaurants... just to name a few!

We're really looking forward to your visit!

Old 2011-07-16, 6:04pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

If I only wasn't a beginner........! Love" Playing with Fire"!
Old 2011-07-16, 6:55pm

Pam, the silver reaction class is 'beyond beginners'. Talk to Virginia about it. I bet you would be fine...
Old 2011-07-16, 6:57pm

Also, bringing some great samples from Jenny at TAG glass. We had lots of fun in Wichita at Beadazzled today playing with them. You will love it!
Old 2011-07-16, 8:00pm
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

I am a beginner..... a very enthusiastic one, but a beginner nonetheless... thanks for the nice thought though. I will do it next time you come because I know you are going to fall in love with Maine and the coast and Virginia and Ed- so you will be back.....
Old 2011-07-17, 6:42am

I have heard that about Virginia and Ed... really good people!
Old 2011-07-17, 10:16am

Awwwwe youse guys, you're making us blush!

Pam, you're a fast study, I've watched you! And you've worked in other forms of glass for a long time, as well as mixed media. I think you'd be fine in SaraSally's class, I really do.

Old 2011-07-17, 10:27am

Tina, thank you so much! we're really looking forward to seeing *you* again, too! We always have such a good time, don't we?! Wish that last Glass Jam could have kept on going and going...!

The drive is a very pleasant one as you come up the coast. And if you have a a day or two more to poke around, there are so many wonderful peninsulas and towns and things to do and see. August is such an idyllic month here on the coast... if only we could bottle it for Jan-Mar!

If anyone is considering flying in, we have a very convenient county airport (RKD) (it's a commuter run from Boston, so there are a number of flights available every day), only 3 miles from the studio. We're happy to pick up anyone who flies in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverReflections View Post
I'm really looking forward to this class! Rockland is great as is all of Maine in the summer... Just avoid Jan-March lol.

Ed and Virginia at Playing with Fire are awesome too, you won't meet two nicer people anywhere else! And their place is wonderful for a class, wish I could get there more often. It's definitely worth the drive though for anyone else thinking about coming up.

Tina

Last edited by Playing with Fire!; 2011-07-17 at 10:31am.
Old 2011-07-21, 10:34am

We had a bunch of fun at Beadazzled in Wichita... bringing some TAG glass with me to play with... I can't wait!
Attached Images

Old 2011-07-22, 8:35am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraSally View Post
We had a bunch of fun at Beadazzled in Wichita... bringing some TAG glass with me to play with... I can't wait!
Oh wow, that is gorgeous! The TAG will be a lot of fun to play with-- we can't wait!

Old 2011-08-15, 5:26pm

Sounds like a fun class!
Old 2011-08-27, 7:53pm

We are having a blast, despite the unwelcome guest threatening to arrive tomorrow... Irene... go away!
Attached Images

Old 2011-08-27, 7:55pm

More torchy fun at Playing With Fire!!
Attached Images

Old 2011-08-28, 8:04am
It's about time!

It's great to see the "regulars" and some new faces!! Looks like you're all having fun!! Drive safely if you venture out tonight! Peace
Old 2011-08-28, 10:06am

Amen to what Sonje said. Enjoy the weekend and stay safe on journeys home.

It looks like you're all having lots of fun. Keep posting pictures! We're there in spirit.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2011-08-28, 8:29pm

It was a blast! My kids were even impressed with my broach, well at least my youngest was; he even tried it on. We missed you Sue and Sonje! I think it went something like "wow it's so quiet... Oh yeah Sue's not here!" you know I'm just teasin! Can't wait for the next glass jam.

Tina

Old 2011-08-28, 8:45pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverReflections View Post
It was a blast! My kids were even impressed with my broach, well at least my youngest was; he even tried it on. We missed you Sue and Sonje! I think it went something like "wow it's so quiet... Oh yeah Sue's not here!"

HEY!!!!! Well, ok there's a smidgin' of truth to the quietness.... sigh....

you know I'm just teasin! Can't wait for the next glass jam.

Tina
I did a BAD thing (kinda sorta) and am going to miss our Halloween Glass Jam. I am booked to go to Texas for Halloween. My dd in Ohio is flying in and we're both visiting my younger dd in Texas. Well, Kris is flying Ohio to Texas, not "in" as in landing in Maine!

Next glass jam is over Halloween weekend. You are all instructed to have a blast and a half without me....

And post pictures... We NEED to see your broach, Tina.

Sue
and the present is a gift.