Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2012-06-05, 9:58am

Default June 2012 S&T

Not sure how there is not a thread for this yet

So I guess I'll kick it off.....

Here I tried to make the universe flow...tried making it have movement..stream like...

need to work on how to hang it as a necklace though

and I played around with orchids

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-06-05, 10:38am

Rose ... I really like the universe flow. You might try using large jump rings through the holes and then hang from that ... it will allow it to have a little more movement.

It's a really cool piece though.

The orchids are also very nice!!

Old 2012-06-06, 7:52am

Bad ass Rose.

Last edited by Jngljnke; 2012-06-06 at 7:55am. Reason: I'm an idiot.
Old 2012-06-08, 1:40am
Borosapien

I love the universe necklace Rose
Here are two Dragon Marbles

and a pendant i made for a friend

Old 2012-06-08, 3:17am

I love your eye's Marcel. I have that on my "to try" list for this summer.

Old 2012-06-08, 9:06am

Default New torch

I'm learning to use my new Bravo torch. It sure is a lot hotter than my National 8M. I've boiled several pendants so far. This one turned out OK.
thanks for taking a look,
Dave
Attached Images

Old 2012-06-08, 10:16am

Perfect vortex Dave. Very nice.

Old 2012-06-08, 2:41pm

Rose, nice work! That's going to make an stunning necklace. And beautiful red on the orchids!

Marcel, your work is consistently breathtaking. Nice eyes!

Dave, I'd say you're getting the hang of the hotter torch pretty darned well! Love the vortex.

Just some basic frit beads from me.
My Hippie Chick frit melted over a rod of Amazon Bronze and pulled down.

Yet-to-be-named frit over Irrid.

Hippie Chick over Pomegrante.

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2012-06-08, 4:32pm
Life is good

Very nice work everyone. Here are a few things I have been working on.
Attached Images

Old 2012-06-08, 4:49pm
Wonder-wench

Rose, your Universe is super cool

Angela the Hippie Chick of Pomegranite = yummy

Marcel, wow, just wow

Dave, love the fishy

Old 2012-06-11, 1:06pm

Default More swirls

Dave, that green corkscrew marble is very cool. How? anyway here's another swirl using purple thunder. It strikes really well.
Dave
Attached Images

Old 2012-06-11, 1:48pm
Life is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlando1 View Post
Dave, that green corkscrew marble is very cool. How? anyway here's another swirl using purple thunder. It strikes really well.
Dave
Hey Dave, Thanks. I was trying to see if I could push a rod into the marble, like a mushroom, but it just went in straight. Then I just heated and twisted slightly. That's a really cool swirl by the way.
Dave

Old 2012-06-11, 3:19pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

Quote:
Originally Posted by framerak View Post
Rose, nice work! That's going to make an stunning necklace. And beautiful red on the orchids!

Marcel, your work is consistently breathtaking. Nice eyes!

Dave, I'd say you're getting the hang of the hotter torch pretty darned well! Love the vortex.

Just some basic frit beads from me.
My Hippie Chick frit melted over a rod of Amazon Bronze and pulled down.

Yet-to-be-named frit over Irrid.

Hippie Chick over Pomegrante.
Angela,
I would call that new frit Razzle Dazzle it is great! Damn I can see another frit purchase in the near future, sheesh as if I don't have enough....

This is shaping up to be a great showin month, rose love the universe, marcel yout dragon marbles are always fantastic,Dave the vortex is great, Angela very yummy Frits

Old 2012-06-11, 6:02pm

Thanks for the corkscrew tip Dave. I"ll have to give it a try.
Marcel your stuff is crazy good!
Dave
Old 2012-06-11, 6:12pm

Dave, that Purple Thunder swirl is gorgeous! Purple Thunder is right at the top of my favorite boro color list.

Chrisann, thanks so much for your compliments!

Angela Kane

Old 2012-06-11, 6:47pm

I've seen quite a few skulls lately, no doubt thanks to Deb's great skull stamps, which look like a fantastic quality tool!
Unfortunately I don't have one of Deb's wonderful stamps, so I muddle around making tools for my own personal use. I love purple thunder, too, this skull utilises a whisper thin layer of it, which gives a more predictable result than straight up silver fuming.
This creepy looking thing is just under 2". For some reason the standard size of my marbles always ends up around there, give or take a couple of mm.
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2012-06-11, 9:52pm

Wickedglass, those skulls are wicked cool! Nice work!

Angela Kane

Old 2012-06-12, 6:20am
Pyromaniac

Very nice Skull Chris - I'd like to hear more about your "whisper thin" method =) It seems very effective.

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2012-06-12, 6:38am
Miss my BoBo Griff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunyip View Post
Very nice Skull Chris - I'd like to hear more about your "whisper thin" method =) It seems very effective.
Me tooooo

Old 2012-06-12, 9:03am
Miss my BoBo Griff

Here are some yucky phone pics of what I did last week n yesterday

Old 2012-06-12, 9:18am

^ noice dugongs

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisann View Post
Me tooooo
I can see that I'm really going to have to make it over there sometime and teach some classes. It almost came to pass that I was coming over in August, but that fell through due to other stuff, like a Design Trade Fair in July and a big 10th anniversary exhibition in early September. I'll make it one of these days

In the meantime, please enjoy a Star Wars Stormtrooper marble which is currently making its way to sunny California!
Attached Images

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.

Last edited by wickedglass; 2012-06-12 at 9:22am.
Old 2012-06-12, 10:53am
Miss my BoBo Griff

I will b first in line Christian!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedglass View Post
^ noice dugongs

I can see that I'm really going to have to make it over there sometime and teach some classes. It almost came to pass that I was coming over in August, but that fell through due to other stuff, like a Design Trade Fair in July and a big 10th anniversary exhibition in early September. I'll make it one of these days

In the meantime, please enjoy a Star Wars Stormtrooper marble which is currently making its way to sunny California!

Old 2012-06-12, 11:03am
Pyromaniac

After all the hard work teaching classes, just come stay at my house in Fort Lauderdale, we'll cook steaks, drink frozen drinks, surf, paraglide, or rent waverunners, or we could hike the everglades, drive down to Key West for a couple relaxing days, maybe do some fishing, and when you're nice and relaxed maybe we'll fire up the torch for a few hours.=)

Last edited by Bunyip; 2012-06-12 at 11:14am.
Old 2012-06-12, 11:07am

Chrisann, I LOVE those heart earrings! How big are they? And the color striations on your turtles' legs is very cool.

Damn fine stormtrooper! WOW!

Angela Kane

Old 2012-06-12, 1:36pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

Quote:
Originally Posted by framerak View Post
Chrisann, I LOVE those heart earrings! How big are they? And the color striations on your turtles' legs is very cool.

Damn fine stormtrooper! WOW!
Angela, off the top of my head the bigger pr is about the size of a nickel and the littler ones about a dime, I'll measure um when I get ready to list um.

Old 2012-06-12, 1:43pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

Quote:
After all the hard work teaching classes, just come stay at my house in Fort Lauderdale, we'll cook steaks, drink frozen drinks, surf, paraglide, or rent waverunners, or we could hike the everglades, drive down to Key West for a couple relaxing days, maybe do some fishing, and when you're nice and relaxed maybe we'll fire up the torch for a few hours.=)
Suck upMust be why I loves ya ha

Old 2012-06-12, 2:41pm
Pyromaniac

If I was a suck up you'd hate my guts don't lie.

edit: ok I need to get some oxy I got one of Deanne's famous skull stamps in the mail yesterday and I'm going to see what I can make happen It's the keeping the eyeholes and the nose holes open bit that really got me scratching my head. Maybe if I use powder...

Last edited by Bunyip; 2012-06-12 at 2:44pm.
Old 2012-06-12, 2:49pm

Some more frit beads from me, "Midnight Hour."

Angela Kane

Old 2012-06-12, 3:59pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

Quote:
If I was a suck up you'd hate my guts don't lie.

edit: ok I need to get some oxy I got one of Deanne's famous skull stamps in the mail yesterday and I'm going to see what I can make happen It's the keeping the eyeholes and the nose holes open bit that really got me scratching my head. Maybe if I use powder...
Just teasin you honey have u played with puttin a handle on those rings?

Old 2012-06-12, 7:58pm

Wicked kool skulls Wickedglass! Love the Stormtrooper marble too! If I could figure out how to post pics here I'd post a few of my own marbles ....the manual resizing of photos eludes me.

Love the turtles and the midnight hour beads too.....is the frit blend available in your etsy store for the midnight hour?