Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-07-06, 2:31am
Formerly Fireflyartglass

Default Boro DVD's what are THE best ones?

I am looking at buying some BORO dvds.

I already own Doug R's boro bead magic and his pendants dvds.

What other ones are really good? I am looking at buying some
.I am thinking of buying essential boro beads and essential marbles.
I have found them for $29.95 each at MGA. Is that the best price around?
Anyone have a second hand copy of them they want to sell?
Have any of you watched them? What do they cover? Where they worth the money? Does the marble one have marbles in it that aren't really basic? I don't want totally basic ones because I did a beginners marble class at the start of the year.

Are they good dvd's or are there better ones out there?
What about milon townsends dvd on colour is that any good??

I cant afford things like this very often and won't be able to afford any more dvds or books probably until next year so I want to pick well!
Thanks for your help I look forward to reading about what your fav boro dvds are!

Last edited by Leanne; 2007-07-06 at 9:57pm.
Old 2007-07-06, 5:44am
ManBearPig

Any of Freeman Corbin's DVD's are great. We sell plenty of them. And we ship to Australia...

The marble one has some basic designs. They also do some that I've never seen anyone else do. Josh Grant's Contemporary Marbles video is good too, but it's not an instructional video. Basically you watch him make them. But, anyone with a little experience making marbles can pick up on what he's doing.

If you can wait a few months, I know of another marble video that will be available that will have several different designs on it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-07-06, 8:06am

the essential series are fantastic, you cant go wrong with them, i have them all. what are you looking to learn? i have so many i can maybe help, different ones i like for different things. you can also rent them at http://smartflix.com/store/category/7/Glass it used to be technical video rental seems its smartflix now, good selection. im reviewing milons color video now, its northstar only, goes through the colors that were available at the time of the video. shows striking colors at different time and temps, he makes human legs to demonstrate all color, shows how to work amber purple, goes through color groups, stable, striking, oxidizing/reducing and exotics and cadmuims including tube encasing. some good tips, but not sure what you already know so hard to say if its worth it for you. i find even if tapes aren't great i always learn something.
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.

Last edited by Ro; 2007-07-06 at 8:25am.
Old 2007-07-10, 3:17pm
Griffin Park Originals

I agree with the Freeman Corbin Essential Lampworking series. I have 1 and 2 and they are awesome. Really well done. I did order a new video today from Arrow Springs. They have some VIDEOS (I think what they have left) for 1/2 off. I ordered the Crystal Myths Boro Beads with Lewis C. Wilson. I have two other videos, and after watching them once I'm thinking of passing them on. But I don't know if I ever will part with the Freeman Corbin ones.

Old 2007-07-12, 5:02pm
Somethings grow wild

Location: Soulsbyville in California, just down the hill from Yosemite
Default Great DVD's

I too have been renting from smartflix. So Ro will you return Miltons color DVD I'm on the waiting list. To bad there are rules against copying
Kare
Old 2007-07-12, 8:50pm
Formerly Fireflyartglass

im in oz....so smartflix wont rent to me
Old 2007-07-13, 7:48am

no ive had it for years, actually re reviewed it to study his leg building, as i said every video/dvd has something to teach. i always buy them, i have a collection of most out there and re review them for different stuff occasionally.
ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.