Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-04-17, 5:54am
pedal as fast as you can

Default What do you clean your bead with?

The bead hole that is.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-04-17, 8:13am

Smile

Usely with a Cleaner Pin Vise Devise

I also tried a Beadreamer but I prefer my Pin Vise Devise.
I have to said that I don't have a lot of beads to clean in the same time.

Lise

Glass beadmaking since 2006.

Old 2010-04-17, 8:22am

Here's another thread with different options:
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=147537
Old 2010-04-17, 8:27am

Smile

Also ...

Best Way to clean bead holes ...

or

Best way to clean beads ?

Lise

Old 2010-04-17, 8:42am
Rose colored glasses…√

Just so you don't waste time or money in the oral hygiene aisle of your local pharmacy...Efferdent leaves your beads smelling minty fresh, but doesn't do a freakin' thing to help with the cleaning aspect.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2010-04-17, 9:12am
pedal as fast as you can

Thanks for the links. I did a search for bead cleaning but it gave to many threads to find exactly what I was looking for, soooo... Thanks again. And thank you for the photos as well.

Old 2010-04-17, 9:33am

Smile

If you want to reduce the number of threads for your search, used the most specific word that you have and only in the title field.

Here I used the word "Clean" only in the title. The result is more that I need but it is easier like that

Lise

Last edited by maroli; 2010-04-17 at 9:35am.
Old 2010-04-17, 9:38am
pedal as fast as you can

Very helpful, Thank you

Old 2010-04-17, 10:07am
one day at a time

I've said it before and I'm very happy to say it again:

Dremel cordless MiniMite + BeaDreamer = Perfect Marriage

Get the Dremel here, good price and free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-750-02-...1523079&sr=8-1

I don't remember if mine came with the collets I needed or not, but Widget Supply has a set:

http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/PROD/dremel/BLU09

I highly recommend the BeaDreamer, because it's a long lasting tool, creates very smooth holes in transparent beads, and has the straight shaft which I like better for cleaning larger beads.

If you can't afford the BeaDreamer right now, you could get some pretty cheap diamond dremel bits (reamers) at Widget Supply.com. They have the right reamers, and the first two are for the 1/16" mandrels (I think the first set though), and I think the third one down is the larger one that will clean 3/32" holes.

http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/CTGY/bead-reamer
Old 2010-04-17, 10:19am
pedal as fast as you can

Well I'm half way there, I have cordless a Dremel so I guess I just need the bit. Cool

Old 2010-04-17, 11:48am
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisi View Post
I've said it before and I'm very happy to say it again:

Dremel cordless MiniMite + BeaDreamer = Perfect Marriage

Get the Dremel here, good price and free shipping:

http://www.amazon.com/Dremel-750-02-...1523079&sr=8-1

I don't remember if mine came with the collets I needed or not, but Widget Supply has a set:

http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/PROD/dremel/BLU09

I highly recommend the BeaDreamer, because it's a long lasting tool, creates very smooth holes in transparent beads, and has the straight shaft which I like better for cleaning larger beads.

If you can't afford the BeaDreamer right now, you could get some pretty cheap diamond dremel bits (reamers) at Widget Supply.com. They have the right reamers, and the first two are for the 1/16" mandrels (I think the first set though), and I think the third one down is the larger one that will clean 3/32" holes.

http://www.widgetsupply.com/page/WS/CTGY/bead-reamer
OMG....the prices for the dremel, colets abd reamers are LESS THAN HALF of what I gave paid elsewhere!!!! thank you for the incredible information!!!
Old 2010-04-29, 2:41am
Chime

anyone know if there is a video out there using the dremel cleaning glass beads? I've been scared to use this option since heard that its possible the beads will shoot off. So just like to see how its normally done.
Old 2010-04-29, 4:33am
thecoralcat

Location: Upstate South Carolina about 20 minutes south of Asheville, NC

After I dremel them, I like to run a pipe cleaner soaked in alcohol through them as it dissolves any specks of release left and removes it.

The Victorian Style Floral available now!

NEW TUTORIAL!
Joan - Ancient Creator of Unique Disasters in glass!
Old 2010-04-29, 5:04am
Run Free Sweet Boy

you can go to joanns etc and in the bead area of the store they will have bead reamers for like 5 bucks or so. there is usually a set of 4. 2 long thin ones, one cone shaped, and one thatsa cylinder with a cone tip. Those will clean the holes and also you can deburr the edges of the holes as well. They also have a single long thin one for cleaning holes.

and on sunday may 16 in haines city the florida glass dragons are having a beads of courage work day. There will be 10 torches set up and several of the boro boys will be there. Its gonna be a fun day with lots of glass folks, so come on down. PM me for more details

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."