Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2010-08-16, 11:41pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Default Pappashop - Mailinglist feature?

I'm thinking of moving my current website from GoDaddy to Pappashop because I want to include an easy to maintain & setup ecommerce funtionality.

I was looking first at 3DCart.com but now I'm considering Pappashop.

Do they have a "Subscripte to Mailinglist/Newsletter" functionality? I checked their templates and it doesn't look like it.

Thanks!

Etsy Vintage shop
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Webpage ->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-08-17, 10:04am
Enabler

They used to, Judith, but mine quit working about a year ago, and instead of helping me get it sorted out, they suggested I use a third party mailing list provider instead.

That being said....I subscribed to yourmailinglistprovider.com, and it was the best decision I ever made! I'm not really sure why we even keep our Pappashop site up anymore, cause the mailing list function was about the only part of it we even used once we switched all our sales to Etsy.

Old 2010-08-17, 12:50pm
Bead maker and bead buyer

Depending on how many people are on your mailing list, Pappashop email wouldn't work for you. I know someone who has trouble replying to a work email list because it gets sent to too many people.

I believe that Pappashop also has measures in place that prevent "spam" emails being sent from Pappashop hosted accounts. And while mailing lists aren't true spam, they are similar in the way that you are sending the same email to many people. I believe the limit is something like 45 emails at one time. Any addresses after that first 45 emails won't get sent, and you aren't allowed to send anymore for a bit.
Old 2010-08-17, 2:49pm

Lunarpages uses cPanel which includes Fantastico. Built into Fantastico is this mailing list: http://www.phplist.com/

This is an easy install using cPanel.
http://tiny.cc/nz0u0

Steve

Old 2010-08-17, 5:38pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Thanks guys for all your input.
I think I might go with 3dcart intstead of Pappashop.
I'm not a big fan of the look of their built in templates and not having a mailinglist feature might tip it towards 3dcart. They do have a very powerful CRM system build into the cart.

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2010-08-18, 5:48am
ManBearPig

I would just install phplist and be done with it. I have used it for years and it works great.