AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the BEST glass vendor?
Arrow Springs 213 18.98%
CR & Loo, Inc 17 1.52%
Frantz Art Glass 423 37.70%
Howaco Glass 147 13.10%
islandglass!!! 88 7.84%
Jo-Del Glass 47 4.19%
LBSupplies 113 10.07%
Moretti and More 208 18.54%
Sundance Art Glass 38 3.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-09-21, 1:15pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Quote:
just curious to get your opinion..i placed an order with jo-del on sept 15th and on the 16th i received a flyer that said she was having a blow out 5 day sale..the flyer said that the sale was from sept 15th - sept 21st..i then received a ship confirmation but no sale price..i emailed jo-del and was told that the flyer was wrong and that the sale actually started on the 16th not the 15th..i feel she should honor the email flyer i received and give me the sale price..she refused and accused me of trying to take advantage of the mistake and that i was trying to take advantage by trying to make her feel guilty..what do you think??? thanks in advance..
Well, it looks to me like she's in the wrong no matter what... if it was 5 day sale that was posted as starting on the 15th then it would be a 7 day sale, and if was "really" supposed to start on the 16th then it would be a 6 day sale... she should honor her flier... but I'm just another vendor...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by zen-mom; 2008-09-21 at 1:17pm. Reason: add rverk47 quote
Old 2008-11-03, 6:31pm

I think you missed two very good suppliers. i love Paula at flamedame and i also love bridgetown glass for bullseye. these are two very good service vendors. i buy a lot from frantz though too.
steph
Old 2008-11-04, 7:09pm
Wahwahbabypants

Artistry in Glass is an amazing Canadian supplier. Fast, well packaged and perfectly accurate. More Americans should take advantage of their higher dollar and order from a great Canadian company (right now you get 20% more for your dollar!!)
Old 2008-11-05, 11:23am
Sharon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Ricketts View Post
I buy most of my glass from Jim and Rose at Blue Moon.
They are tops in my book!!!
Old 2008-11-05, 12:22pm

I like Heritage, very nice very fast and helpful.
Old 2008-11-05, 8:25pm

I think Donna at www.themandrel.com is the best~ she's got everything in her store, all glass types, tools, frits and more!

May the love of animals inspire you, teach you & heal you...
Old 2009-04-16, 11:38am
Did someone say SALE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieSue View Post
ABR Imagery: http://www.dichroicimagery.com/

They pack great and ship fast!

Debbie
Second that! Cody at ABR takes great care of me!
Old 2009-04-16, 4:28pm

I've not had much need to order until the local store I ought from went out of business. (Guess I didn't buy enough, but I tried) Since then, I've ordered from Mountain Glass Art and they have always gotten my order to me within a couple of days. Fortunately, they are only about 150 miles from me, so that helps. As long as they continue like that, I'll probably continue to order from them.

Greg
Old 2009-04-16, 8:22pm
picking Job's Tears

First time I'm seeing this thread ...

So far I have ordered/bought glass from HoWaCo, Avenuebeads, Flamekissed, Aanraku and my local Hilo Art&Glass and I don't have any reason not to go back to any of them for one or the other (the shipping of my orders from HoWaCo took a bit longer, but I also know from the tracking numbers that things were stuck in the mail, just like something I bought in the garage sale here on the 1st is right now, left Missouri on the 2nd and California on the 8th - you can't always blame the sellers on not getting your orders).
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2009-04-18, 5:04am
Tassie Devil

I have ordered from several of the Australian glass suppliers, and they have all been excellent, and quick!
Old 2009-04-18, 10:40am

Like i said above, Paula at www.flamedame.com is da bomb!!! i always get my packages really quick and they are packed wonderfully! She will always have my business. I have no probs with arrow springs and frantz has a lot of stuff but i cannot handle paying and then waiting to see if they even have it in stock. I feel their process is rather lengthy and could handle updating their software to let everyone know what they have in stock!!!
steph
Old 2009-04-18, 10:51am

Thanks Stef! Your kind words are appreciated!
Paula
Old 2009-04-19, 6:51pm
Formerly FishBulb

I've only ordered from two suppliers and they were both fantastic.

My first was ABR Imagery, whose customer service and efficiency were perfect!

My second was Frantz, who were super-quick and had excellent communication.

I'd gladly recommend them both.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2009-04-19, 7:10pm
Tweedle Dumb

i buy mostly from abr, they have great prices and ship quickly and have great weekly sales... they have messed up 2 of my MANY orders, not big mess ups but mess ups none the less, and they were corrected as soon as i let them know there was a problem. ross is a good man, stands behind what he sells! i also would recommend buying canadian! i purchased a pound of terra 2 from lausha lady and the price beat the doublehelix website price even with shipping! gotta love that exchange rate!
Old 2009-04-25, 8:36am

I just placed my first order with Flamedame and was surprised at how quickly the package came. It was nicely packed and included great freebies!
Old 2009-04-25, 3:31pm

Told ya all, try Paula at flamedame, you will be pleasantly surprised, she has great sales all the time too. I only order from someone else when she does not have it or does not carry it, but most stuff she does! the lauscha reformulated is great and i all the time had cracked beads from lauscha and after i tried everything else and finally found a thread on reformulated i gave in and gave it a try and now that is all i use!
steph
Old 2009-04-25, 4:03pm

Thanks You too!!
Stef, I spent most of the day cutting glass! I have lots more that is not even listed but eventually will be! Just not enough hours in the day!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-04-25, 4:37pm

I hear you on that one! I spent 10 hours at a volleyball tourney today and still have tomorrow to go, i will not get any beads done this weekend that is for sure. I am waiting for the clear that i ordered yesterday and i am on my last rod so i will not have really any down time waiting since it already shipped i noticed!! Thanks for the quick shipment
steph
Old 2009-04-26, 6:45pm

Well, we should have noticed the 41 score for jodel. We responded to the lausha sale two weeks ago. No order yet, no notice, and when you call they say leave a message. Same poor service as the last time we ordered 5 years ago!
Sabrina
Old 2009-04-27, 3:59pm
aka Pele's Fire

Adding to the list are some of my favs.....I love Flametree Glass (you just can't beat Lance and Maureen). Flamekissed Glass ships fast. Paula at Flamedame is great. Olympic Color Rods are A++++++. ABR imagery has never given me a problem either with fast shipping. Mountain Art Glass can have an order to me in two days. Jamie Lynn from Howaco is wonderful as well. I tend to shy away from Arrow Springs. They never have half the stuff I want, but at least they do call before the order is ran through. I only order from them if it is something I can't get elsewhere. Some of you might have seen a mention in another thread where I was totally frustrated by Arrow Springs a few weeks ago. I ordered 5 puffy mandrels. That is all I wanted and needed. I begged them to just stick them in an envelope and throw them in the regular old mail. I was told UPS would be just as cheap and they didn't ship that way. Shipping for five mandrels cost me $10.50. Absolutely ridiculous in my book....and I can't get over that. They could have been sent in an envelope for a couple of bucks, and as a repeat customer they could have done that for me. They lost alot of future business from me I am afraid.

Terryl

On the eight day, God created fire.....he created big, big, blazing fire.
Old 2009-04-27, 4:06pm

Terry that shipping thing is soo frustrating. I just had a vendor charge me $18.00 to ship 5 lbs of back ordered glass that could have gone into a flat rate box. Another vendor earlier this year charged me $38.00 to send 10 lbs of glass in a priority box when she could have used a flate rate box. Those shipping dollars do add up!!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-04-27, 4:13pm
aka Pele's Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD View Post
Terry that shipping thing is soo frustrating. I just had a vendor charge me $18.00 to ship 5 lbs of back ordered glass that could have gone into a flat rate box. Another vendor earlier this year charged me $38.00 to send 10 lbs of glass in a priority box when she could have used a flate rate box. Those shipping dollars do add up!!
Paula
Yes, they do Paula. Sent five mandrels in a huge box packed with peanuts and bubble wrap....how stupid is that? A little common courtesy is all we ask for from suppliers. You would never do something so stupid. Paula, I am firmly convinced that you would work with a repeat customer in a situations such as that, and you never charge more than necessary to ship my orders. I always end up with a nice little refund on shipping promptly posted back to my paypal. You will continue to get my business! Emails are promptly answered also. Great work Paula!

Terryl

Old 2009-04-27, 4:23pm

Thanks Terry!! Yeah being a little guy I can be flexible but also because I am little my own vendors don't care what they charge me! I think I have stuck more glass into a flat rate box than any vendor in the Universe though! (18 lbs to Australia!!) Those boxes are so easy to get that every supplier should be using them!
I am all for saving on shipping costs. In the end you (and I) will buy more glass with that money!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-04-27, 4:24pm
Unmedicated since '62

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaD View Post
Paula
when i send backorders to my customers i wear the freight - its compensation for not having it in stock in the first place. the way i see it is that you shouldnt have it on your website for sale if you dont have the stock to sell - they customer should only have to pay the freight for the initial order.

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2009-04-28, 4:47pm
aka Pele's Fire

I would also like to add that Grace from Lauscha Lady was wonderful when I placed an order from her recently. Great customer service!!! She encouraged me to go ahead and order even when she is located in Canada because the exchange rate would cover the shipping. She even threw in some sample rods which I have not had the chance to try yet....sick for a week, then the kiln went down, then the concentrator went down. Sorry Grace that I haven't gotten back to you on those rods you sent as freebies to try. I will definately be ordering from Lauscha Lady again as well. Yes, I know I am a glass ho!!!

Terryl

Old 2009-05-01, 11:53am

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryl View Post
Yes, they do Paula. Sent five mandrels in a huge box packed with peanuts and bubble wrap....how stupid is that? A little common courtesy is all we ask for from suppliers. You would never do something so stupid. Paula, I am firmly convinced that you would work with a repeat customer in a situations such as that, and you never charge more than necessary to ship my orders. I always end up with a nice little refund on shipping promptly posted back to my paypal. You will continue to get my business! Emails are promptly answered also. Great work Paula!

Terryl
Ditto on the refunds!!! You rock Paula!!
Old 2009-05-01, 3:31pm

Thanks a lot you two! Yeah it always bothered me when I bought glass and over paid for shipping. Anyway, I am just about ready to leave in the morning for the Frantz trip but my workaholicism is making me feel really guilty about taking any time away from flamedame!!! There is something wrong with me. I love to work! Maybe it's because I like money!!
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2009-05-03, 6:49pm

Default Jodel update

Quote:
Originally Posted by saboo View Post
Well, we should have noticed the 41 score for jodel. We responded to the lausha sale two weeks ago. No order yet, no notice, and when you call they say leave a message. Same poor service as the last time we ordered 5 years ago!
Sabrina
Well the glass game last week, a little later than I thought, but that's on me Everything was as ordered. 8 different 1/4 pounds of Lausha. Great colors I did not have. Prices are 50% off normal. I ordered some more and got some Check 104, The colors are wonderful.
Hot! Hot! Hot!
sabrina
Old 2009-05-17, 12:28pm
+Glass -Time!

I have to give Kudos to the little suppliers too!
I've had experience with JoDel, and, it was good, but was through eBay...a different story I suppose.

We do have some awesome suppliers up here!
Artisty in glass - Wonderful - great service, fast shipping, and no huge boxes with bubble wrap & peanuts! (woohoo)

MorettiGlass Canada - great too, but limited supplies of interesting & new colors.

Lauscha Lady - Grace in Great!!! A+++ Great service, great colors, fast shipping, and she's so sweet!!! (her husband was my high school art teacher, and, I gave her her first lampworking lesson!) Small world!

I will order stateside, if there's something I can't get here...
usually I expect it to take awhile, so a bit of delay isn't a bother to me.
(points accusingly at border crossing peoples...)

I did just head over to Flamedame & really like what I saw there!
(drools a bit...)
The option to send USPS priority is a godsend! A whole lot better for us International folks, without the brokerage fees & all!
(Thankyou...I might add...)

Old 2009-05-17, 4:14pm

I shop around alot, but find that all the sellers are more then happy to serve us well. Lots of help as well as great products. I just like everybody!!!

leebeads.etsy.com, leebeads.artfire.com