Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-12-04, 4:13pm
Oklahoma-Bead

Default conecting oxygene conzentrators together, HOW?

hello,

when i want to conect 3 concentrators together, how do i do that than? just putting the small hoses together in one big or ...?
who has conectet more than 2 together and can help me to see how it have to work?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*+*+*+*Some is so marvelous that it is already enough erroneously in it to have believed*+*+*+*
Old 2006-12-04, 4:34pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

You need a "Y" connector. I just ordered one from Oxygen Plus for under $25. It will undoubtedly work better than my Frankenconnector that involved vinyl tubing, duct tape, the end of a tube of Pergo floor filler and a brass Y connector. Trust me when I say...just order one. LOL!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2006-12-04, 6:30pm
boro color bender

Your local welding supplier should also have them. It is a Y connector. Call around...

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-12-04, 6:31pm
boro color bender

http://www.artglass1.com/gas%20equipment-r.htm

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2006-12-04, 6:46pm
PyronamixK

I make and sell an OxyCon connector to connect two concentrators together. If you were to make one with airline tubing and a "Y" connector, you would have to ensure that both concentrators were putting out the exact same pressure.

My connectors allow for a small difference in output pressure. The difference between a 6 psi concentrator and an 8.5 psi one would be too great. But the difference between a 5 psi one and a 6 psi one would be fine.

ETA: I just reread your post and noted that you are wanting to connect three. I make those connectors, too. But like Dale says (post after this), you can take one of the legs of a "Y" connector and add another "Y" to it.

Last edited by kbinkster; 2006-12-04 at 10:52pm.
Old 2006-12-04, 8:40pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by artflower View Post
hello,

when i want to conect 3 concentrators together, how do i do that than? just putting the small hoses together in one big or ...?
who has conectet more than 2 together and can help me to see how it have to work?

Just use two "Y" connectors and put outlet of one "Y" connector into one "inlet" (concentrator connector) of second "Y" connector.....

All three concentrator should be "tweaked" to have same output pressure (7-9 psi) to work effectively.

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal

Last edited by Dale M.; 2006-12-04 at 8:44pm.
Old 2006-12-05, 10:20am
Oklahoma-Bead

wow, thank you so much...some time i´m really stupil---lol... i have a wole box full of y connectors.
i have 2 with 5 liters and 1 with 6 liters, so it should work out when i understand that right, yes?
thank you all for answer me so fine.
sonja

+++ come and open all days until Christmas my Christmas Calender and winn nice stuff *** http://www.firesonja.com

*+*+*+*Some is so marvelous that it is already enough erroneously in it to have believed*+*+*+*
Old 2006-12-05, 2:18pm
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by artflower View Post
wow, thank you so much...some time i´m really stupil---lol... i have a wole box full of y connectors.
i have 2 with 5 liters and 1 with 6 liters, so it should work out when i understand that right, yes?
thank you all for answer me so fine.
sonja

+++ come and open all days until Christmas my Christmas Calender and winn nice stuff *** http://www.firesonja.com

Do you already have two of these oxycons connected together and you are now adding a third oxycon... if true, how well did only two connected together work for you?

Me