Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Sale Rack

Sale Rack -- Sales, Promotions, Giveaways, Specials, Etc.
Only LE Vendors may start threads, but anyone may reply.

Old 2015-12-08, 4:16pm

I love shopping at frantz,

Things like,

Saved shopping cart
PayPal option
Customer reviews

I really enjoy the weekly newsletter which I recently discovered to be a wealth of knowledge, and would hope you continue such newsletter in blog perhaps!

And if you could offer a FedEx option rather than ups, I just prefer them a little more, their international hub is here in Memphis.

I love the free shipping sales! Many times I decide to go with ya'll instead of a competitor because of the sale.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Ever wanted to live in a Log Cabin? Well, Y'all come on down to Tennessee

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2015-12-08, 4:46pm

Choose by COE then colour. For example i choose 104, then greens and I am presented all the greens you have in stock from every manufacturer of COE 104

Overseas shipping info and estimate
Old 2015-12-08, 5:59pm
Gay rights R human rights

Quote:
Please include a cheaper shipping option to Canada!!! Especially for smaller orders under 2-3 pounds. I currently have to time an order with when hubby travels to the US for business and have it sent to where he is staying. $65 USD/$85 CAD for that order to ship it direct to me! I miss out on a lot of good sales and selection.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Absolutely this. It's getting really tiresome to be overcharged for shipping to Canada. This applies to all US suppliers.

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2015-12-08, 6:58pm

For everybody requesting shopping cart saves - the Frantz cart currently does that, but you have to be logged in for it to work. You get logged out every 15 or 30 minutes, which is annoying.
Old 2015-12-08, 9:44pm
fritaholic

An easier way to get from the shopping cart to exactly where you were just shopping.
More detailed information on each color.
Streamlined catagories for glass and tools.
A real time website that lets you know if a color is out of stock.

Lisa
Old 2015-12-08, 10:41pm

Quote:
i akso would like to be on a page and order as many items as I want on that page and then at the bottom have the option of pushing the "add all' button it would save having to do each one and then returning to the same page..
Pay Pal and the color blogs are really wonderful too
Debi
I'd like this too!
Old 2015-12-09, 12:03am
and your little dog too

Quote:
For everybody requesting shopping cart saves - the Frantz cart currently does that, but you have to be logged in for it to work. You get logged out every 15 or 30 minutes, which is annoying.
Yes this, it does save it, forever! When I start to run out of a color I add it to my cart for future purchase, which can be months. I can also see previous orders.

Love the testing ideas also, I tested for CIM before it was decided that testers weren't needed. I like to see the notes, colors worked up and tips from many. If you do this, i do ask that at least one tester make beads of just the glass, no frit. I know you do this with some colors now, but I don't think many represent the glass (Navy comes to mind). If I look at CIM's notes and see there's one tester with a dark blue, the rest all denim, i can figure that the glass will be more like denim than navy...for example. Different flames, working times, photo settings, bits and bobs added can change the colors. I love the pics that are shown with like colors of the same and/or another brand.
Customer pics or comments would be cool! People find cool things about a glass long after it's out.

ETA, I know you have the try before you buy, which I appreciate, it's just that most that I want to try are not on the list or are older colors that never will be on it.

PPSS please update and bring back the color palette! Which is sort of what sangita asked for, it's so helpful to go through if I need a certain hue.

Old 2015-12-09, 9:27pm

Default Thanks from the Old Frantz website

I wanted to thank everyone who contributed ideas for the new Frantz Art Glass website. I do not know how many of the ideas requested will be part of our new website, but many will be and we look forward to being able to take PayPal in the future. It will be between 2 and 5 months for the website to go live.

In the meantime we will limp along with our old and tired website.

Mike Frantz

Frantz Art Glass Website:

The Torch Website:

Mike's phone: 800.839.6712 ext 206
Old 2015-12-09, 10:18pm
I like to melt things

Mike, will our account information and purchase history be migrated over, or will we all have to create new accounts?

-
-
Old 2015-12-10, 10:22am

Hi

Yes it will!!

Our new website will even do better than let you see your web order history....it will have all orders placed since Oct. 2010, even phone and email orders!

Our new website will actually draw information directly from our accounting system.

We are carefully reviewing everyone's suggestions. Very helpful!!

Thank you
Mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2015-12-11, 12:00am
Phill

I know you know this but I have to say it anyway.

Do please be extra careful with hooking any accounting database with web site shopping.

That would be one of the places I would look for if I wanted to get access to customer data.

But I know you know that already.
Old 2015-12-13, 6:48am

Some way/form to order colors quickly. Many times, I know what I want cause I am looking at a tutorial, or restocking colors I use a lot. If there was one page like a girls out cookie order form had colors and stock numbers down the right side, and I could just go down and tick of the amount I needed of each?
Or possibly a field to type in the colors name or stock number, have it bring me right to that color, and that field is at the bottom of each page so I can move quickly. Your search engine works sometimes, but if I don't know the stock number, it is hit or miss.
You could call it the quick color form.

Oh, and if you cross referenced it with your active inventory, we could see what remnants are kicking around in need of homes, or what you are out of. When I see the last two three of a product I like lingering on a shelf, I snag it in case I can't find it again....

An example of such a working form can be seen here ;

Last edited by Khaleesi Dane; 2015-12-13 at 7:55am.
Old 2015-12-13, 6:56am

A telepathic ordering system that can read my mind, charge my credit card, and send me glass when I think about needing or wanting it?

Looking forward to seeing what the new site brings! I do think selecting on a color family by COE rather than a supplier would increase ordering efficiency. Paypal means I don't have to go find my credit card!
Old 2015-12-16, 11:52am

If you can make number of items displaying on the page configurable it would be great.
Also list of CIM glass is growing - is it possible to filter it as Effetre (Opaque, Transparent, etc)?

Julia
Old 2015-12-16, 12:13pm

A better search function would be nice, too. The current one is really bad.

Last edited by dusty; 2015-12-16 at 12:21pm.
Old 2015-12-16, 3:07pm

Quote:
A better search function would be nice, too. The current one is really bad.
Totally agree with you and easier to navigate through the site.

e-mail:
Old 2015-12-16, 3:28pm
It's all about the color.

Quote:
It would be nice if Dwyn, Kandice, myself, and other people with a passion for colour testing could post to a vendor's page when we've blogged about a colour so that people can easily go to our blogs from your pages when they are deciding what colours to buy.
I have many, many of the colors tested as a frit. I'd be more than happy to include my charts as well. I think they lend important information as to how each color will react during use.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Old 2015-12-16, 8:51pm

Default New Website Under Construction

Our new website is now under construction, it will take around 2 months for it to go live. It will be so much better

mike

The Torch Website:

Old 2016-01-03, 9:46pm

**I'd love to have multiple payment methods accepted for one order. For example... a gift card from Frantz, a Visa gift card, and then the rest on paypal/credit/debit.
(I always get gift cards at Christmas and birthdays and Valentine's day to your shop and Visa gift cards, and can't use them combined with other payment options unless I make contact. I like to "troll" your site in my jammies at 11 p.m. on Friday night, thus contact is a bit of an effort during the day whilst away from said coveted "cart" on line.

**Definitely paypal.

**Both fluorescent and outside full sunlight pictures of the "worked glass rod" ?

**Helpful tips on how to work "cranky" colors - from customers or you.
(i.e. CROCUS likes to be worked as you cross your eyes, raise left leg 84 degrees to the left, stick out tongue 19 degrees to the right and barely wiggle the rod in the tippy top of the flame whilst stroking it lovingly, playing The Doors "Riders on the Storm" gently, all whilst begging it in romantic tones not to explode into frit-astic disaster...)

Just my .25 cents... okay that was about .35 cents.

p.s. I buy pretty much everything from y'all when it comes to glass rods and I love your business. Thank you for asking us for feedback. And, I don't find your website corny at all right now thank you. - Chevy girl in Tucson