LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-07-01, 4:52pm

Default Alice's Bead Release problems.....

Hey there, so I just got my Alice's Bead release today and mixed up a batch using my immersion blender, it coated the mandrels fine, but as it was drying it started to make almost a crackle effect on the mandrel where the metal shows through and flakes right off.

If I add more powder it just gets chunky. What am I doing wrong?

Mini-CC& M-5 oxycon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-07-01, 5:02pm
Genus: gwacefulia klumsia

You need it a little thicker than you have it but not so much that it gets lumpy. Sometimes I make it ahead and let it sit for a day - that helps it get smoother for me.
etsy shop:

doggies:
Old 2008-07-01, 5:07pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwacie View Post
You need it a little thicker than you have it but not so much that it gets lumpy. Sometimes I make it ahead and let it sit for a day - that helps it get smoother for me.
K, I will try that. Thanks.

Mini-CC& M-5 oxycon

Old 2008-07-02, 6:32am
Button Queen

But you don't want it too thick either. Alice's is best when it's at pancake batter consistency.
Old 2008-07-03, 3:14am

Alice's works best for me when it is actually quite thin. Thickness of single cream or even thinner.

Emma

Projects, articles, bead galleries

Art beads, clay & supplies