No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-06-02, 6:17am
If you don't member,ASK!

Default need advice on glass

Its been awhile Sense ive been on here and been about two years on my torch. hood news is im getting my studo set back up in a new space. My question is where are you getting your glass, who has the best prices, and what is the newest glass out there. I use 104.

Michel & Lisa

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Empty right now, but Lots of goodies coming soon!
Old 2014-06-02, 9:17am
Glass-aholic

I've been ordering frantz when it's 40-50% off effetre and vetro.(great for the basic color pallet, just catch them on sale!) I don't really play a lot with cim colors and occasionally grab some silver glass from Double helix or striking color, actually I've been hooked on the rechinbach (sp) colors from Olympic color rod lately. They are rich and beautifully saturated. But it's really a matter of colors you want (and color vs price for me too).

Nice to see you are back in the game

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2014-06-02, 1:08pm
If you don't member,ASK!

Its gonna take about a month to set my new studio up but I want to start shoping for glass now. Just because I can lol

Michel & Lisa

Old 2014-06-02, 3:28pm
Bead me up, Scotty.

I also like the sales at Frantz but Art Glass House has the best regular prices on Effetre and shipping is quick and cheaper. Double helix has 5.95 shipping for theirs, but I saw that Glass Sorbet has cheaper prices. Have fun!
Old 2014-06-02, 3:48pm
Slogan Challenged...

Art Glass East has free shipping and their prices are pretty good too, especially for mandrels. Otherwise, I like Frantz, and Devardi for tools.

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2014-06-02, 4:24pm

Howaco is great for ordering single rods to try out. Most places don't sell less than a quarter pound of a color so if you try one and don't like it you are stuck. Plus Jaime has great customer service.

Old 2014-06-02, 4:59pm

Double Helix's shipping is free when you order $100 - very, very easy to do!

Barbara
Old 2014-06-03, 7:56pm
If you don't member,ASK!

Love double helix. And yes its very easy to spend a lot om it. Got to get my glass unpacked to see what I have before I go crazy on buying but than again you can never have too much glass right!

Michel & Lisa