Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-01-31, 12:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmaine View Post
I sent an email to Cheryl and "Ron" regarding the dishonesty in jacking tutorials and subsequent lack of payment

captnron03@yahoo.com (the paypal address)
sundown_487@hotmail.com (the etsy address)

I'm not sure what to believe, but as they say, the plot sickens..I think this has gotten so convoluted, I just hope the police can sort it out, because she seems confused. Why would the marshalls would have him if SHE (by her own admission) was using HIS credit, or is that not true either?

this is her response:

"I did not mean to hurt any of you only Ron. I thought the money was there and when I saw it wasn’t I panicked and didn’t know what to do. Several years ago Ron molested my niece when she was 5 years old I had supported him for 5 years till that happened and the list goes on and on. Yes I was a fool and I know that, I have been told by to many people that I’m to nice for my own good. It was Ron that I was trying to screw over NONE of you. The US Marshal has him now. I know none of you give a shit about me but like I’ve said I am sorry it wasn’t against any of you. Like I also said I will do the best I can to pay everyone back. You all think you are better than me but the truth is no you are not, you have never met me and don’t know anything about me and you are all judging me without knowing all the facts and because you are all like that just shows me that I don’t want to know people like all of you. Yes I’ve done wrong and I admit it, I was scared and lied, I’M SORRY, I did tell all of you I would pay you back and I will, but you all believe what you want. Also I am not a thief."
believe what Jamey wrote.

Oh, and someone who buys things without intending to pay for them is, indeed, a thief.
Old 2010-01-31, 12:43pm

Well now, looks like her potential bead sales will be zilch.

I have put her and any possible variation of her name on my do not buy from list and will inform all the other buyers I know to do the same.

I do not support any kind of thief and yes my dear you are a thief. Even if the money was there and "Ron" did not reverse the charges, you stole from him in order to satisfy your own vengence. No matter what he did, you had other OPTIONS.

Nice way to start out your beading career......NOT.
Old 2010-01-31, 12:43pm
lurking on LE since 2005

Default crazyville

you know, I live a sheltered life. I grew up in a nice home, in an nice neighborhood. my parents were college educated, and insisted that their three kids were too. I have a great life: I have a great husband, three super kids, I survived cancer, I have a fun job that I love going to, I make a decent bead, I have some debt, three cars older than 2003 (no car payments, thanks very much), and a nice home in suburbia.

when stuff like this happens, and you get a little window into how nuts some people's lives are, I just step back and thank God that I don't have to live like that.

I'm not giving her a pass, mind you, (in my non-professional opinion) she's definitely got some squirrels in the attic. But I am very curious to see what the ACTUAL TRUTH is in this convoluted story and how quickly all these charges get resolved. The part about "I thought the money was there.." How does one lose track of over $1000? I understand when you're in college and you have $20 to your name, to forget and spend $21. But this is not accidentally going over your limit here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
J-55

Check out my Encasing and HOLLOW tri-color Tutorials in my Etsy shop-and my NEW encased, layered, feathered bead!

Last edited by Charmaine; 2010-01-31 at 12:52pm.
Old 2010-01-31, 1:09pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:
I sent an email to Cheryl and "Ron" regarding the dishonesty in jacking tutorials and subsequent lack of payment

I'm not sure what to believe, but as they say, the plot sickens..I think this has gotten so convoluted, I just hope the police can sort it out, because she seems confused. Why would the marshalls would have him if SHE (by her own admission) was using HIS credit, or is that not true either?

this is her response:

"I did not mean to hurt any of you only Ron. I thought the money was there and when I saw it wasn’t I panicked and didn’t know what to do. Several years ago Ron molested my niece when she was 5 years old I had supported him for 5 years till that happened and the list goes on and on. Yes I was a fool and I know that, I have been told by to many people that I’m to nice for my own good. It was Ron that I was trying to screw over NONE of you. The US Marshal has him now. I know none of you give a shit about me but like I’ve said I am sorry it wasn’t against any of you. Like I also said I will do the best I can to pay everyone back. You all think you are better than me but the truth is no you are not, you have never met me and don’t know anything about me and you are all judging me without knowing all the facts and because you are all like that just shows me that I don’t want to know people like all of you. Yes I’ve done wrong and I admit it, I was scared and lied, I’M SORRY, I did tell all of you I would pay you back and I will, but you all believe what you want. Also I am not a thief."
Ronald Smith is not on any sex offender registry in Jasper Missouri. Ron Smith was also not the one who confessed to the detective last night. Also, how do you say you are not a thief when you admit, right there that you were stealing from Ron. Does not compute.

Old 2010-01-31, 1:10pm
Mary Lockwood

Thank you, JameyLynn.

In theory, that means that even if an e-check is backed by a credit card and still is reversed- paypal won't take the money back from the seller if they buyer's address is confirmed. I really would like to believe that, but my experience with paypal is that they don't eat a lot of losses. LOL

If the buyer writes an echeck and it bounces, somebody has to make up that money and in real life with a real check it would be the seller, not the bank (or paypal in echeck land). Confirmed address or not.

I just wish we knew when we are dealing with an echeck and when we aren't because apparently, credit cards don't truly back a purchase.

~~Mary

Old 2010-01-31, 1:27pm
I'm a lilac!

Quote:

this is her response:

Sob story, excuse, defensiveness, and the classic "you don't know me and you're bad people for judging me" guilt-trip. It's textbook. Any sympathy I had for this woman just flew out the window, as did any willingness to believe her story.

Old 2010-01-31, 1:29pm

Geeze!

Even IF what you said Cheryl contained some truth or had merit, it was a morally corrupt act to involve other innocent parties who were just trying to live their lives doing the right thing by others and support their families with small businesses.

Sorry but if you think this sort of behaviour can be justfied by someone else doing something worse........... you are really WRONG!

You really screwed the pooch luv.... or as we say in Australia screwed the Roo!

Nat

Old 2010-01-31, 1:50pm

Who would take back a man that molested their niece? Does that make sense to anyone else??

Old 2010-01-31, 2:02pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

She told me it was her daughter that was molested.

Ron is not on any sex offender list. Deb is a great researcher and couldn't find him anywhere.

We will find out more as we speak to the detective. There is going to be a A LOT of us talking with him. From the thread in the bathroom I am guessing that there is about 15 or more of us here alone, let alone anywhere else.

This actually goes beyond us. She stole his paypal account. Within that account, she also was an unauthorized user on his personal bank account and on his credit card that he had attached to the paypal account.

This also goes into mail fraud for those of us that mailed packages.

Last edited by Howaco; 2010-01-31 at 2:10pm.
Old 2010-01-31, 2:10pm
lurking on LE since 2005

Default does not compute

If her daughter was molested 5 years ago, but her son is old enough to be the chief of police...
I'm sticking with the squirrels in the attic thing...

One more paypal question. Should we NOT sell to anyone with an unconfirmed address-seems like that was the sticking point in paypal being able to go and get the money..

J-55

Check out my Encasing and HOLLOW tri-color Tutorials in my Etsy shop-and my NEW encased, layered, feathered bead!

Last edited by Charmaine; 2010-01-31 at 2:18pm.
Old 2010-01-31, 2:21pm
I'm the 1000th poster!!

Quote:

One more paypal question. Should we NOT sell to anyone with an unconfirmed address-seems like that was the sticking point in paypal being able to go and get the money..

I would say that is a good way to handle things. It is your only way to be sure that you get your money back.

Old 2010-01-31, 2:23pm
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Quote:
If her daughter was molested 5 years ago, but her son is old enough to be the chief of police...
I'm sticking with the squirrels in the attic thing...
This is what she told me. I don't believe anything she says. But she had said that Ron had molested her daughter when she was 5 years old. Said she has known Ron for over 25 years. Just recently took him back and she caught him with another woman.

I don't think it will be hard for the police to figure this all out she is not keeping her story straight. I am very curious if they have been able to speak with Ron at all, or is he just gone somewhere? No idea about him.

Old 2010-01-31, 2:24pm

Once again, don't bother listening to sob stories, that's what a judge is paid to do. I have every confidence in the ability of the judiciary to ferret out the truth in all this. They have lots of experience.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2010-01-31, 2:28pm
Capp'in Fool

So those of use she did buy from but have not received a charge back notice....Should be expecting one since she used his accounts with out his permission.

Old 2010-01-31, 2:37pm
The Andrea Half

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandice View Post
Oh, blah, blah blah. I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy. Two wrongs don't make a right. If Ron did something to her family, she should have taken it up with him legally, not tried her own brand of revenge. She has no right to drag innocent people into her domestic crap. I am glad the police are dealing with it.
WORD. *If* it is true, I would have left the s.o.b. when it happened. But right now I view everything that woman writes with deep suspicion--it seems to me she's playing the "It isn't *my* fault" card. Yet as someone else pointed out, she can say she isn't a thief until she's gone purple, but in point of fact, she has stolen repeatedly, whatever her motivation. It isn't cool to steal from someone to mess with someone else.

Last edited by FourTailsLampwork; 2010-01-31 at 2:40pm.
Old 2010-01-31, 2:38pm
Storm Queen

She's a pathological liar.

Old 2010-01-31, 2:40pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

all I can say is... if I even saw a man that had molested a family member he would be run over or shot on sight... let alone let him back in the house... ewwwwwwwwwwww

I suspect that Ron has run.. if he has any smarts at all he would RUN RUN RUN. I wonder what the story she is teling Ron is.. so he doesnt hang her out to dry for credit card theft and bank fraud....

even if you are tryign to wound someone who has done you wrong, you dont hurt others in the proces....

with all the lies I suspect one of several things... a drug or alcohol addiction, a pathalogical liar or a sociopath. None of which I want to deal with...

Candice

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2010-01-31, 3:59pm

Why even listen to these bizarre stories. They are still all linked on facebook. Would you have links to someone that molested you your sister???????? whatever. These people are obviously a family of people with light fingers and there own built in cop to get them off. It took me 5 minutes a couple days ago to see them and all their interconnections on facebook. They are all there still today. What is so gauling is that they think they are so slick that no one can see these interlinks and their connections. They think that they won't get found out but they have their rear ends hanging out in the wind.

Old 2010-01-31, 4:14pm
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
Who would take back a man that molested their niece? Does that make sense to anyone else??
It sure doesn't! Because if it was me, any man who would do that to my family would be dead and I would be in jail.
Old 2010-01-31, 4:17pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad hatter View Post
Why even listen to these bizarre stories. They are still all linked on facebook. Would you have links to someone that molested you your sister???????? whatever. These people are obviously a family of people with light fingers and there own built in cop to get them off. It took me 5 minutes a couple days ago to see them and all their interconnections on facebook. They are all there still today. What is so gauling is that they think they are so slick that no one can see these interlinks and their connections. They think that they won't get found out but they have their rear ends hanging out in the wind.

Great observation!!! I know we live in a desperate world but you know, you'll get farther in life when you're just honest and you don't have to worry about keeping track of things you say!

Old 2010-01-31, 6:43pm
doyenne of the homebodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by patienthand View Post
if he has any smarts at all he would RUN RUN RUN.
If he knows what's going on I hope he will sue sue sue. Dang. He's being presented in public to people he's never heard of as a thief and a child molester.

Andrea
Old 2010-02-01, 8:50am
HOt WArm COld = Howaco

Has anyone else asked Corri to ban her from LE?

Old 2010-02-01, 8:58am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

She is convo'ing people on Etsy today trying to pay them back and saying she is not a bad person.

Old 2010-02-01, 9:01am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

she's trying to get her ass out of that gigantic sling it is in.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2010-02-01, 9:23am
Detail G-Mama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierces*designs View Post
She is convo'ing people on Etsy today trying to pay them back and saying she is not a bad person.
She's emailing people also.

Old 2010-02-01, 9:27am
Miles from nowhere...

Wow! I just read the entire thread. Paypal definitely has some issues if this was allowed to happen. JameyLynn- hopefully you can rest easier now, even though you don't have your merchandise back, you have some piece of mind. What a scumbag to do something like this. That poor police chief- wouldn't you just die of shame if that was your mother. eek.

Tutorial writers- so sorry this happened to you. It makes me cringe, because I purchase tutorials and have learned so much from them. I always hope that the financial benefit is worth it for your time, effort, and willingness to share with the rest of the lampworking community. That is just plain wrong that this could even happen.

Kate

Old 2010-02-01, 9:57am
sabrinadesign

This is what she sent me through etsy:

I am very sorry this has happened. I thought the money was there but I found out the hard way it was not. I was not trying to steal from any of you, I'm not a thief. I would never have done this if I had known the money was not there. I am so very, very sorry and will pay you as soon as I can. I didn't do the reversal PayPal did it.I didn't mean to hurt any of you.
Thank you, Cheryl

No mention of her sister/niece/daughter being molested or anything about revenge...huh... how many stories does this person have? This is a more sane response to my WTF note I sent her than the responses I've read through so here. Why is that?
Old 2010-02-01, 10:01am
lurking on LE since 2005

Default cheryl

yup, I got the same etsy message. unfortunately, once the tut's are "in the mail" as it were, there's no getting them back, and I am highly doubtful the money will be returned. I'm just glad I didn't get hit for much.

J-55

Old 2010-02-01, 10:24am

Don't delete those convos or emails! The police might want them as evidence.

I wonder how many of those convos she cut/copied/pasted and sent before she got snared by Etsy's convo spambot(if she did)? It'll get you somewhat quickly from what I heard... but you've got to send them pretty quickly in succession.

Old 2010-02-01, 10:28am

Hi you all,

I just wrote this in the other thread to this theme; I didn't know, that there is one more thread....

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...=152547&page=2

She wrote me also a explanation by Etsy message. I don't believe a word, and I answered her this:

Quote:

by perlaperla profile shop
Hi Cheryl,

The lampwork community is currently talking about your practice to buy tutorials and reverse payment after some days at Lampwork etc. And there are many more people involved the same way as you know perfectly well. So if there will be a offence reported to the police, I will be part of it.
I'm really not a person, who has no confidence in others, nor I'm always presuming the worst in people, but with this number of involved people, I don't believe in an oversight.

Angela
1 February 2010 12:18pm EDT
Now I go and read the rest of this thread...

regards
Angela

Last edited by Angel; 2010-02-01 at 10:29am. Reason: spelling