LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-05-21, 10:47am
Lynne Smith

After looking at a seperate implosion I missed out one step. When you have made your implosion you need to punty up a clear rod to the front of the implosion and then melt the back and pull off some of the clear there. You might need to do it a few times and then heat the back and put it on the mesh and then remove the punty from the front. Please this is just an idea that I have no way of testing at the moment.
I am hoping that it will just look as if it is coming through the mesh. Clutching at straws.
Lynne S
Old 2008-05-21, 10:51am
Lynne Smith

I just looked at Sherry's beads on LE and it looks as if I am wrong AGAIN.
Lynne S
Old 2008-05-21, 11:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne Smith View Post
After looking at a seperate implosion I missed out one step. When you have made your implosion you need to punty up a clear rod to the front of the implosion and then melt the back and pull off some of the clear there. You might need to do it a few times and then heat the back and put it on the mesh and then remove the punty from the front. Please this is just an idea that I have no way of testing at the moment.
I am hoping that it will just look as if it is coming through the mesh. Clutching at straws.
Lynne S
This is exactly what I said to Lynne! She thinks I am OCD ha ha
Old 2008-05-21, 11:37am
Who me?

hahahahahaha
Old 2008-05-21, 12:32pm
Gimme that silver glass!

I'm sorry Margoke, but it has nothing to do with an implosion. It's just all about pushing glass through mesh. I'm so sorry but I can't help you all (it's a bit crazy in my pm box with request for a tut, but I can't do it, sorry).

Please just try to take a class with Sherry !

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-05-21, 12:34pm

How about making the implosion like in the marble tut, keeping it warm in the kiln and then sticking it onto the heart?

or am I being much too simple here.....

I would try it, but my implosions don't implode so you wouldn't see if it had worked or not
Old 2008-05-21, 2:54pm
Lynne Smith

Thanks for the hint Anouk. Well its back to the drawing board.
Lynne S
Old 2008-05-21, 5:15pm
Who me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post
I'm sorry Margoke, but it has nothing to do with an implosion. It's just all about pushing glass through mesh. I'm so sorry but I can't help you all (it's a bit crazy in my pm box with request for a tut, but I can't do it, sorry).

That's so cool. I stopped by on the way home and picked up some copper mesh with 1/8 and 1/4 holes because I have an idea for "pushing" it through the screen. Unfortunately, I can't torch tonight so it will be tomorrow night before I can try my idea. I may come up with something else entirely.

Wish I could take a class with Sherry but I don't see any planned for the US east coast nearby.
Old 2008-05-22, 10:28pm

Would anyone mind posting a picture so I could see what your all trying to do? I love implosions and would like to give this a try! Or just point me to where to see a picture.

Thanks,

Old 2008-05-22, 11:48pm

This technique is from sherri,
Anouk learned it from here, so it hase nothing to do with anouk.
Maby sherri will make a tut someday??? let us hope so.

But it is not a implosion,
biebs

Last edited by biebs30; 2008-05-23 at 2:50am.
Old 2008-05-23, 6:28am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll Lover View Post

Poor Anouk!! I bet she has been swamped!! But if Sherry is going to do a tutorial I think that will be great.
I wish more people would do like Theresa did and put their tutorials up on Etsy, I'm more than willing to pay for a tutorial, I just can't travel all over the place for classes. And geez these days, you're going to pay more for gas than the class!!

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2008-05-23, 7:12am
Rose colored glasses…√

I SO want to take a Sherry class. Actually, I want to attend a Sherry demo. I think I suck at classes.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2008-05-23, 11:12pm

for me it looks like they are always on the side and coming if you PRESS the bead flat and than the down color presses thru the mesh... need to go monday buying some mesh and try that...
Old 2008-05-23, 11:17pm

Not all of them are pressed, some of Anouk's are on the nice round part of the heart bead so not sure that pressing is what does it.
Old 2008-05-24, 12:40am
See my quote!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgg112 View Post
Poor Anouk!! I bet she has been swamped!! But if Sherry is going to do a tutorial I think that will be great.
I wish more people would do like Theresa did and put their tutorials up on Etsy, I'm more than willing to pay for a tutorial, I just can't travel all over the place for classes. And geez these days, you're going to pay more for gas than the class!!

I think that is a great idea!! I'd be more than willing to pay for tuts. We don't have near the variety of teachers or classes here that you have over there.

“The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions not our circumstances”. - Martha Washington

Old 2008-05-24, 8:07am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Well I have been following the progress here and yesterday tried to The "implosion"effect on the side of the bead, not quite there yet but will try again, and again to figure it out.
I don't have copper mesh, do any of the S.A ladies know where to get some?

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2008-05-24, 8:13am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrid Riedel View Post
Well I have been following the progress here and yesterday tried to The "implosion"effect on the side of the bead, not quite there yet but will try again, and again to figure it out.
I don't have copper mesh, do any of the S.A ladies know where to get some?

Dang Astrid, it looks like you're getting close!!!!!!!

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2008-05-24, 8:34am
To bead Yeah! ;)

The mesh would certainly get the extrutions nice and close together, The way I have done it they stay too far appart.
Now where to get the mesh!
Regards A

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
HOLLOW BEAD, 3D SQUARES for hollow beads, Rose Murrini and Multi Murrini tut, JETZT alle in DEUTSCH erhältlich!
Old 2008-05-24, 8:41am

This is where I found some in Canada - I am sure other places will carry it:

http://artistryinglass.on.ca/store/s...=search&page=1

I also know that garden centers carry copper mesh, apparently people use it as a slug fence. I am just not sure how small the mesh is:

http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...t=2,51555&ap=2

Hope this helps with refining your search.

Btw - Great job on the bead
Sherena

Old 2008-05-24, 8:56am

Astrid I bought mine in the States so have no idea where you can get it in South Africa. I am going through mine very fast trying to figure this out. I have tried pushing it onto and through the mesh with no success. Hope somebody is willing to share soon.
Old 2008-05-24, 9:05am
novembersfyre everywhere

I have some copper mesh coming. To me this looks like a variation of the "tornado" bead. That's the technique I intend to try

Old 2008-05-24, 9:35am
Gimme that silver glass!

I got my copper mesh at flamedame.com .

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-05-24, 10:20am
To bead Yeah! ;)

Marybeth,"Tornado bead", I would like to see that please, sounds great.
I'm Gonna take a look at our local garden centres and hardware stores.
Importing takes too long!!!

_
NEW "Marble Twist" tut!
Old 2008-05-24, 10:37am
See my quote!!

Hey there fellow South Africans,

Seems like we might be able to find it here. I see Debby who heads up PMC here stocks a Copper Mesh. I'll see if I can get a hold of her this weekend and see what size it is. Could kick myself as we were exhibiting at the same show last weekend. Ughhhhh!!!!

http://www.pmcsouthafrica.co.za/products.html

“The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions not our circumstances”. - Martha Washington

Old 2008-05-24, 11:51am
Broken

Implosions and Sherry's copper mesh technique are two different things. Totally different techniques.

I travel all the time to the US for classes, you should consider coming to Canada to take one of Sherry's you won't be disappointed.

Old 2008-05-24, 12:17pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
I travel all the time to the US for classes, you should consider coming to Canada to take one of Sherry's you won't be disappointed.
I think Sherry needs to take a vacation, in north Florida, in an 1890 Bed and Breakfast lookin' house, with a creole cook, who just happens to be a fellow Hovawart and glass person.

That's what I think...

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2008-05-24, 12:40pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Here is the tornado bead tutorial:

http://www.mzglass.com/twistytutorial.htm

Just think about how this could work with the addition of copper mesh. I have some silver mesh but I don't want to waste it expermenting. That will have to wait until next week when my copper mesh gets here

Old 2008-05-24, 1:33pm
Lynne Smith

Well Nicker you are very fortunate. But unfortunately travelling from South Africa to take a class is out of most of our financial range but I suppose we can always dream.
Lynne S
Old 2008-05-24, 7:25pm
Uh-oh means it's too late

I love the idea also about purchasing techniques or classes online- kinda like universities are doing I would pay cuz I can't travel. DH travels for business all the time and I am stuck with the kiddies. I feel that the only difference would be that someone might try and sell the technique illegally but that could happen if someone took a "live" class too. PLease all you wonderful teachers out there- come to South Florida or make online courses!!!!! This is a desperate plea!!!!!
Michelle
www.sundoorbeads.com
Old 2008-05-24, 7:29pm

Maybe someone already said this but what if... you were to lay down your dots for the implosion, position the mesh over the the dots cover with clear and then try imploding? Let us know what happens!
Teresa from Hansville