No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-05-08, 2:24pm

Default Is This CIM Butter Pecan?

Hi Everybody,

I just purchased what was sold to me as CIM Butter Pecan from a glass supplier. I have purchased Butter Pecan before, and actually have a labeled rod of it still left over. When you compare the two, the stuff I bought is yellow and the labeled Butter Pecan is a light peach.

I asked the seller, and they said their guess was that it would strike from peach to yellow. Hhmmmmm.....I don't think so???? Anybody else ever see this color of CIM Butter Pecan before?

Thanks for your help,
Jeannie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. (Max Ehrmann)
Old 2012-05-08, 2:29pm
Live and Let Live

While I've got many tonalities of BP, I've never seen one as yellow as that. Looks more like Yellow Uranium Pastel on my monitor.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-05-08, 2:33pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Hell no! It looks like Effetre Uranium Yellow.

Old 2012-05-08, 2:46pm

Thanks Lisa and Jacqueline!

I just needed a little back up on what I thought before I started to raise a little bit of a stink.

Believe it or not, I didn't think to compare it to my other yellow glass before Lisa wrote her response. And guess what, it looks like and has the same texture as Banana Cream. Me thinks I got some Banana Cream.

Jeannie

Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul. (Max Ehrmann)
Old 2012-05-08, 3:14pm
Uh Oh....

I don't know about the yellow Butter Pecan but there were several different "unique" batches of Butter Pecan. I believe they are more on the peachy/flesh colored side than yellow. Never seen the yellow rods before. I use Butter Pecan for my faces and I liked the lighter batches better.

Old 2012-05-08, 5:34pm
Storm Queen

I was going to ask if the numbers were close and then I realized they aren't even the same brand.

Old 2012-05-08, 5:58pm
Live and Let Live

Jeannie... you're right... it looks like a dead ringer for Banana Cream!

I hope that whoever the vendor is makes it right for you.

Old 2012-05-08, 6:26pm
sunscreen me baby

I have 4 different versions of butter pecan and none of them look that yellow. I doubt very much it is butter pecan. Maybe it was labeled BP meaning banana pie?

~

Old 2012-05-08, 6:59pm
Lampworkaholic!

And I was hoping you'd find out it was Yellow Ice.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-05-08, 7:27pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I am kind of hungry now.

Old 2012-05-08, 7:50pm

You guys are funny!

No, the mystery glass is not Yellow Ice. Yellow Ice is the neighbor to Banana Cream in my glass bin. But she never comes out to play. She encountered some type of "rare" disease. I think it is called the "Kim Neely Syndrome".

Old 2012-05-08, 7:53pm
Mary Lockwood

I thought it was Banana Cream before I saw your post about it. I totally agree...banana cream.

Old 2012-05-08, 11:04pm
Naysayer

The seller was just mixing up pies it seems
Old 2012-05-09, 4:09am
one day at a time

I could be that really pale opal yellow, aka Jodel's "baby chick yellow". The last time I got the pale version odd lot of OY, was from Frantz a couple of years ago. I still have a few rods.
Old 2012-05-09, 5:58am
Sucks at being nice

Strange. I've never received CIM from a supplier that wasn't wrapped in tissue with at least 1 rod labeled. I don't think it's CIM glass.

Old 2012-05-09, 6:02am
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinwelch View Post
Strange. I've never received CIM from a supplier that wasn't wrapped in tissue with at least 1 rod labeled. I don't think it's CIM glass.
I thought the same thing...
It's not the ''usual'' label.

I do believe you got the wrong color...
Never saw Butter Pecan so yellow...

Old 2012-05-09, 6:16am

Thank you everyone for all of your ideas and opinions! I agree about the fact that Cim always comes in tissue wrap and has one rod labeled. The stuff I got, shown in the picture, is hand labeled and unwrapped. Also, all CIM glass that I have ordered, which is a lot , has always had a smooth surface. This stuff is grainy like Banana Cream.

Fortunately, the supplier is going to make it right. They are looking into how it happened. They say that they got it from a big supplier of glass already labeled like that. I think somebody dropped their sticky tags on the floor and got them all mixed up.

Jeannie

Old 2012-05-09, 7:35am
uncouthful cats

I've never seen a color like that from CIM. If I had, I'd have some in my stash now. It does look like Banana Cream, which never stays that pale yellow for me, but always turns brighter yellow.

Oh no! The cats forgot to vacuum AGAIN!
Old 2012-05-09, 12:25pm

Mystery is solved! The warehouse guy of the glass supplier, admitted that he did pull the Banana Cream by accident and hand labeled it himself. The glass supplier is making it good, so all is well. Thank you everybody for your help!!

By the way, Clan Tabby, I agree that the beautiful color of Banana Cream turns into a brighter yellow. I am still on a search for the perfect pastel yellow.

Jeannie