Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2014-10-28, 6:31am

Arrow In search of a good Oxygen Tank

Hi everybody...

I am not too sure if this is the correct room to ask this question but here it goes.....
I am in search of prices on oxygen tanks and am having a hard time locating anything that can provide me with this information. Do any of you here know any sites that can help me out with this??? I would appreciate any info that you can get me....I've tried with no results.

Thank you again,
Tom Heath
SANCTUARY GLASS

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-10-28, 7:07am
ManBearPig

Call your local oxygen suppliers. Prices vary widely from state to state and city to city. Here I pay almost $40 for a K tank fill. A friend 30 minutes away pays half that.

Old 2014-10-28, 7:32am
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Call your local oxygen suppliers. Prices vary widely from state to state and city to city. Here I pay almost $40 for a K tank fill. A friend 30 minutes away pays half that.
^^^What he said.

I'm assuming you want to buy at least a K. Around here, a K costs at least $300.

Old 2014-10-28, 8:33am

I had problems when I lived in NJ...there were 2 supply places in the area and neither would fill the other ones tanks, or ANY other tank besides the one they sold or rented to you. I thought it was BS but they cited 'safety' reasons. Anyway, might be something to think about even if you do find a good price on a tank other than where you'll fill it.

Old 2014-10-29, 12:25pm
ManBearPig

Around here the only ones you can buy are the small ones (60cf?). Any size above that you have to lease.

Old 2014-10-29, 3:13pm

Build a relationship with one of your local gas companies. I can get T size tanks (330 cf) at wholesale prices through mine. Yes. Lots of companies will only fill their own so again a good relationship with one company is key. At 2500 psi it is not unreasonable for a company to only want to fill tanks they maintain. It is a big liability issue for them.
Old 2014-10-29, 8:42pm

The places here only sell the smaller size M(edical) tanks, and they run $400-500. To hell with that. I scored one tank on Craigslist for $125. I've been watching every day for the past three months and haven't seen one come up for sale. They are apparently rare around Austin.
Old 2014-10-30, 2:51am
Now part of the Dark Side

Here in Central PA the largest size you can buy is 125 cu ft. Although a lease is reasonable on larger tanks, around $75/year. And the fill price is around $30 for a 250 cu ft tank.
Old 2014-10-30, 1:19pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonharper View Post
Here in Central PA the largest size you can buy is 125 cu ft. Although a lease is reasonable on larger tanks, around $75/year. And the fill price is around $30 for a 250 cu ft tank.
I can buy any size tank they fill through them as well as liquid dewers. Do you have a business account with your supplier? If not you should get one. I suspect a whole world of New options might open up for you once you do. With Praxair in Cali it required a business license or resellers permit.