Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-03-28, 6:21pm
daughter and I

WOW, that's alotta stuff. I'll try to make something worthy for you Carrie and the next person - maybe I'll get to Brent's class before the box gets to me.....you guys need to hope I'm near the end...LOL

Seaside Fire Designs

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just swish and spit.
Old 2006-03-29, 3:56am
Nah, not really...;)

Here is the Delivery Confirmation #: 0305 1720 0002 3861 0084

I am going to ask that everyone put the Delivery Confirmation in this thread for all to see.
I would also appreciate everyone Insuring the BoroBox.

I insured the box for $200, Priority w/ delivery confirm. and it cost me $14.20 FYI.

After watching another box in the Game Room go MIA after being stalled for 4+ weeks and then returned to sender
This is a now a requirement to play.

If anyone thinks this is too many rules or a pain in the ass to do these few things, then opt out now

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-03-29, 4:19am
Old enough to know better

Insurance and delivery confirmation are necessary PIAs! Thanks again Carrie for all you've done. I'm not sure if one of my beads would be considered much of a "gift" but I'll certainly put one in so you can decide.

All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.
- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-03-29, 5:48am
Nah, not really...;)

Thank you Tanya for understanding!
Have fun when it arrives!
And I definitely will appreciate any gift you give me!

Old 2006-03-30, 7:43am

If i could get the box later in the loop that would be cool. Ill be back to work on friday(knock on wood) tradesmen are so unpredictable. Im waithing for new hoods to be made for the studio and presently dont have anything finished to put in(not really true i do have the oldies), but id rather send something new.
B
Old 2006-03-30, 11:18am
Nah, not really...;)

Ok boroburner!

Old 2006-03-30, 1:39pm

Carrie - The post office tried to deliver the package today, but I was at work and there was nobody here to sign. I'll pick it up tomorrow. Can't wait!!!

All progress is based upon a universal innate desire on the part of every organism to live beyond its income.
- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-03-30, 3:46pm
Nah, not really...;)

Awesome! Thanks for the update!

Old 2006-03-31, 7:39am
borobucaneer

ohboyohboy I can't wait!! I will be putting in some sticks of custom blended color. I really would like it if whorver uses this to post pics of the end product.I want to see how it stands up to dif flame atmospheres. I have had no compatability issues, used it inside marbs and hollow forms. i think you will love it. I will also throw in some recipes for making your own....
Old 2006-03-31, 9:37am
Serenity Now!

Wow Baylie - that sounds fabulous! But what about everyone who won't be next in line after you? Any chance of posting those recipes for all of us to see? Or how about a copy for each participant right in the box? Come on - what do you think?! I love new recipes...probably others do as well...
Have a great weekend, folks...

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2006-03-31, 11:00am

Ok, I picked up the package this morning but I haven't had time to open it yet! I'm off to do that now!

- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-03-31, 5:25pm

I opened it and it's awesome!!! Now getting stuff together to put back in... I hate to ask stupid questions, but not having done this before... how do I know who to send it to next?

- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-03-31, 5:38pm
Nah, not really...;)

Next up is:

jayglass

Thank you Tanya for keeping us updated!

Old 2006-04-01, 9:22pm

I'm going to bow out on this game. I got to go and have a "lesson" and play with all this boro I've collected today... Maybe I'll try it again in the future, but have to say its not me right now. I didn't even bother bringing the glass I'd bought back home.

A.
Old 2006-04-02, 12:23am
borobucaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit
I'm going to bow out on this game. I got to go and have a "lesson" and play with all this boro I've collected today... Maybe I'll try it again in the future, but have to say its not me right now. I didn't even bother bringing the glass I'd bought back home.

A.
That is no fun, try try again. Hope you come back to boro, she can take a minute to get a handle on... good luck
Old 2006-04-02, 4:47am
Nah, not really...;)

Sorry to hear that misfit..........maybe next time.

FlowerVal *
Cosmo *
baylie *
Lynn Larson *
Juln *
Tanya *
e.mort *
boroburner *
valerie folly *
jayglass *
suzanne *
Flamedancer *
Karen Hardy *

Old 2006-04-02, 5:17am

maybe sometime in the future, but I doubt it. I have a feeling that I like the idea of boro, but don't really like much of anything else about it.

A.
Old 2006-04-02, 8:52am

I know i dont like the price. But not much else about it.
B
hope to c you around
Old 2006-04-03, 10:16am

I like it WAY too much, given the price. But that's pretty much the story of my life.

I'm having so much fun with the Momka rods I got in the box. Now I'm going to have to buy some Momka glass (see 1st line above ) Thanks Carrie! I'll be mailing the package to jayglass tomorrow morning.

Here's what I took out:
2 Momka shorts
1 Elvis
1 Silver Strike 3
1 Silver Beach
1 Cherry Brandy
½ Magic Mirror
1 Silver Iris
1 Silver Dance
1 Alaska Night
½ Amethyst Ice

1 Frit – DAP small
1 Frit Silver Strike 5 38

Brass tool for shaping, marvering
Copper mesh
Measuring tool/cheaper caliper
1 Sterling silver pendant
1 Sterling silver snake chain

My bead from Carrie – it’s beautiful, thanks!

And here's what I put in:
1 NS 11 Jade
1 NS 27 Green Exotic
1 NS 44 Caramel (I’m almost positively definitely sure it’s Caramel anyway)
1 NS 46 DAP
1 NS 66 Sublime
1 NS 78 Mystery Aventurine
1 NS 81 Blue Caramel
1 GA 481 Spring Luster (this is in the form of 2 half rods – for some reason Arrow Springs shipped all my Spring Luster this way.)
1 GA 5486 Peacock Chameleon
1 GA 5488 Twilight Chameleon
1 GA 683 Indigo Luster

1 Frit – clear, 38
1 Frit – clear, 70

Combination graphite marble mold/bead shaper (for small marbles)
2 Dental picks
4 Pure Tugnsten electrodes (can be sharpened for use as picks or rakes)
8 3/32” Mandrels
1 5-6mm Hollow mandrel/blow tube
6” 24K 28g wire (I taped this to the silver leaf package so it won’t get lost)

A bead for J
A bead for Carrie

- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-04-03, 12:47pm
Nah, not really...;)

Tanya you ROCK!!! I can't wait to see your work

Thank you so much for keeping us updated.

Old 2006-04-04, 6:39am

The box is on it's way to Jay, insured for $200. The delivery confirmation number is 0305 0830 0000 5281 1086. The insurance receipt number is VD 058 999 166 US.

I forgot to mention that when I received the box a couple of the rods were broken. This always seems to happen, despite careful packing. I took a couple of these since they were colors I want to try. I made a new bundle of "shorts" which has the half rods in it, including the Spring Luster. The Pomegranite rod was inconsiderate and broke near the end with the label. I didn't take this rod since I just received some in an order. It's in with the full rods. Just to let you know.

- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-04-04, 7:47am
Nah, not really...;)

Thank you, and sorry for the broken rods

Old 2006-04-04, 12:13pm
borobucaneer

cannotwaitcannotwait
Old 2006-04-04, 2:26pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflykj
Thank you, and sorry for the broken rods
Not your fault! Most shipments of glass I get have at least a couple of broken rods. And they're all packed well. I think many of the rods just need a little pressure in the wrong place to break. Plus, with the boro rods, it's actually helpful to have them in shorter lengths. I find I'm always swatting things with one end of the full sized rods while working with the other.

- Samuel Butler, 1912
Old 2006-04-06, 11:36am
Nah, not really...;)

bump

Old 2006-04-06, 11:55am
borobucaneer

what order is the box going thru the list?
Old 2006-04-06, 1:24pm
Nah, not really...;)

jayglass should have it any day now and I'll post who is next after we hear from him.

Old 2006-04-06, 4:04pm
borobucaneer

If you looked at the mixinitup thread you know I am throwin in some custom mixed color & a recipe book! If I knew how many were after me I would Know how much to throw so everyone after me gets some.
Old 2006-04-07, 9:22am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylie
If you looked at the mixinitup thread you know I am throwin in some custom mixed color & a recipe book! If I knew how many were after me I would Know how much to throw so everyone after me gets some.
If you're going to put in a recipe book - can you make sure there's enough copies for everyone? I'm assuming it's a handmade one (photocopy kind?). I'd kill with my bare hands for a good boro recipe book (really - just give me a name).

I hope I get it soon!!! I'm putting together all kinds of cool and nifty custom stuff - I just bought a special tool for making canes with and I'm aching to make some boro canes to share. I'm thinking some that can be used for florals and the like. Yum, yum, yum!
Old 2006-04-07, 12:14pm

The BoX....

It was waiting for mw when I got home from the Shop last nite !!!!

I got a Boro Bead for a gift !!! Thank you !!!! My girlfirend has already tried to lay claim to it !!!!

I Opened it first thing this morning..... Wow....this is such a great Idea.... I haven't made beads in years... and hanging out here has kind of made me want to try some again..... and what do I find ... some mandrels and bead release !!!!! I took 2 of the 8 mandrels and 1 of the hollow blow tubes.... I would like some bead release too since i have none.... if i took some out of the container , how do I store it.... any tips .... or should I just dip my mandrels and pass the jar on ?....

I was excited to see the necklace cord.... I make lots of pendants .....but never have strung thme on cord....I even have clasps...but no cord.... so I took about 3' of the leather cord and am going to finally be able use my clasps !!!

I also found 3 sticks of color I have really wanted to try ..... Elvis, Almond Nugget, and Silver tears...

I would like to try a leaf or 2 of the Silver Foil.... I have a great idea for it....

I thought the silver necklace chains were very nice.... I tried a few things I made on them ... didn't look rite to me.... I would love to see what some other people have used them with .... I like the necklace.... but didn't take one... I would like to find a way to make something that would go with the in the future.....

So... What will I put in ?

Well... First off I thought you all may like to try some White dawrf Gunmounts ... ( i bet everyone wishes they signed up now...LOL ) ...so I will throw in enough for every one to get a few.....

I will also throw in a pound or so of the mixed gunmount colors....

I have a few rods of Glasstronix Purple ....( opaque ...non striking )

Maybe a few sticks of green Dwarf....

I have some .999 silver rolled flat ...easy to cut small chunks to fume with ...

A little Gold ....rolled flat as well....

A few Gilson opals....

I will try and find a few color rods that are not In the box...... and label them.... I know I have some Perriwinkle to throw in ...

And I thought I would put in a few lengths of Larger Boro rod maybe 10 or 12 mil ...( if anyone would like a chunk of something larger ... I can saw off a chunk up to 1.5 " ) ...

and maybe a few pieces of 12.7 tube and 1 " tube....

I think I need a bigger Box..... LoL...

This was really Fun !!!!!

Jay

Edit : spelling