Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-09-05, 8:01am
yukue fumei

LOL! Hopefully it will be cooler for you today!
especially since this box is coming your way!!!

Took-
large pinchy thing(I think Jana uses these for poking holes for pendants)
set of gorgeous beads --it doesn't say who did them, but they are in a silver colored box--they are yummy!!!
1 half rod DAP
1 half rod lava(?no label)
1 Northstar sample pack
2 twisties(Kalera-these twisties are out of this world!! WOW!!! Stunning stunning!!!)

Put in:
6 half rods Momkas new Cherry Blossom
4 half rods Northstar 21 reformulated Millennium Moss
2 half rods Glasstique White Jade
2 half rods Glasstique Bone White
4 half rods Stormy Weather
4 half rods Glasshawk Green Leprechan 1
2 half rods Dark Antique Beauty experimental
4 half rods Draconis Satinwood
4 half rods Colormax Raspberry
10 CBS Dichroic Kaleidescope boroimages
10 half strips CBS Dichroic prefused boro strips
6 sticks Borostix Eggplant
6 sticks Borostix Cotton Candy
tracking number in a bit.....my printer is acting up!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
nagi

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-09-05, 8:05am
Serenity Now!

Holy SMOKES Nagi! You were supposed to put in as much as you took out! What an amazingly generous, wonderful trade!

Enjoy yourself, Wendy - hope it cools off a bit for you guys...50 degrees here this morning, I suppose it's time to start thinking "Fall"...(But I just don't want to...)

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2007-09-05, 11:25am
Mandrel Slayer

I think Denise just stocked Boro Box IV. I need to do some shopping before it comes around this time.

WOW Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
Holy SMOKES Nagi! You were supposed to put in as much as you took out! What an amazingly generous, wonderful trade!

Enjoy yourself, Wendy - hope it cools off a bit for you guys...50 degrees here this morning, I suppose it's time to start thinking "Fall"...(But I just don't want to...)

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2007-09-05, 3:40pm
yukue fumei

Thanks Val and Bonny!
I had a lil bit of this and a lil bit o' that I wanted to add and pretty soon it got to be a nice bundle
The boro images are fun--easy and fast pendants!
I ran into printer problems and went to work to print them and we are having xerox/printer mayhem here too....I am going to print to an offsite location and get this box on the road ASAP!
Thanks again Val for organizing this game--it was fun!! There's ALOT of goodies in there!!! WOW!!

nagi

Old 2007-09-05, 4:23pm

Wooohooo! I received the boro box yesterday when I got home from work. How exciting! I did a quick look at all the goodies. I picked my Joe Marble, wow..... how cool is that! Thank you so much - I love it. What a generous artist you are. Ok, I am going to finish looking through it, put in my contribution and try my darndest to get it to the post office tomorrow. Thank you very much! Jill Hoblick
Old 2007-09-05, 4:44pm

For us that are watching the boxes can everyone be sure to put in the top of the post what box it is. There are 3 roaming through here and it is hard to figure which one it is. WOW these boxes are looking great I think they should go around again. So just start going backwards from the end
Thanks!!!!!

Last edited by bead crazy; 2007-09-05 at 4:47pm.
Old 2007-09-05, 5:12pm
Serenity Now!

I agree Lori - our boxes ARE looking great! It's gonna be real easy figuring out the boxes from here on - here's a re-cap:

Our SUN box is at Jill's place in Florida now - heading back home to me when she's done...(will re-organize, and re-stock it, and all of them as they arrive to be ready for our next round...)
Our MOON box is on it's way from Brandie back here to me, and
Our STARS box is at Nagi's now - on it's way to Wendy, and then Patrice'll be wrapping up this round of play, and sending it back to me...

We've been 37 players all-told - although 3 had to drop-out for various reasons - only 2 left who haven't yet laid eyes on all the goodies.

I'd like to thank each and every one of you for making our game another huge success...

And, of course, I'd like to once again thank Northstar/Precision, Glass Alchemy, and Trev's Glass for all the wonderful boro glass goodies which they so generously provided..

Hope your printing mojo comes back soon Nagi - glad you had fun...Enjoy yourself Jill!

(Dare I say it again: Sign-ups are NOW OPEN for our Boro-Box IV round...)

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2007-09-05 at 5:21pm.
Old 2007-09-06, 10:15am
yukue fumei

Thanks Val!
Delivery Confirmation:
0703 8555 7490 7465 0201

nagi

Old 2007-09-06, 12:00pm
I'm a lilac!

Thanks Nagi! I'm glad you like the twisties!

Old 2007-09-06, 1:00pm
yukue fumei

I LOOOOVEd them--in fact I was tempted to run off with them all, but figured everyone should have a chance to try them You've got the twistie skills too--they are perfectly sized and smooth!

nagi

Old 2007-09-06, 11:40pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
I LOOOOVEd them--in fact I was tempted to run off with them all, but figured everyone should have a chance to try them You've got the twistie skills too--they are perfectly sized and smooth!
SHHHHHH grab the rest and send them to me I am seriously twisty challenged
I can't wait for the next round this was so fun having 3 boxes to drool over and it went so fast too.

Old 2007-09-07, 9:54pm
yukue fumei

Oh my, Lori--I hope you get a chance to try them....they are gorgeous! She has so many different color combos too.....

nagi

Old 2007-09-08, 10:09am
Trying to Hope!

well still no sign of the box....but thats nothing new for my little country town. I will post as soon as I get it I cant wait

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

NEW Ebay Items all the time here

I buy Gold PM me for details
NEW Handmade jewelry on Etsy
Old 2007-09-08, 4:58pm

Default Sun Box is heading North

I shipped the Sun Box back to Val this morning. The customs confirmation number is CP260076112US. The post office clerk advised that tracking was not possible once it left the US. I am not sure if that is correct or not, but she checked with her supervisor and got the same response.

I removed:
6 partial rods of Momka glass
and the pack of 8/32nd Mandrels

I put in
Several miscellanous rods
cobalt tubing ** see below **
and 10 mandrels
a few twisties
and a set of beads for Val

I also received a beautiful marble from Joe Schlemmer, thank you so much for your generosity.
When I went to get Joe's card to make sure I spelled his last name right, the cobalt tubing was still on the table. I apologize for not getting it in the box. I guess the old saying, haste makes wastes is true again.
Thanks so much. Have fun!
Old 2007-09-08, 5:46pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks for posting Jill - and for my gift! No worries 'bout the tubing...You can also look at it from the perspective of "what is meant to be will be"!

Hope everyone is having a happy weekend...

Old 2007-09-10, 3:10pm
Trying to Hope!

Hi there
I got my boro box today and looked inside holy smokes!! I love my gift Nagi thanks and the twisties kalera are to die for whoever made that set of bead there super pretty

I will post my pics and gives later as I am going to go rummage thru it a while

But its safe and sound

My only questions is I see everyone saying I added a gift for Val which I am so going to do also but I dont see any in this box Do we send them directly to you Val or are the gifts in the box and not labeled? I would hate to take this set of beads if there meant for you

thanks

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-09-10, 3:30pm
yukue fumei

Yay Wendy! I'm glad you like your gift--I labeled it specifically, because none of the packages in the box were labeled for anyone.....
Oh my--were the beads for Val?
For the person who made the blue beads in the silver colored box: if the beads I took were for Val, please let me know and I will send them direct....oops!
I didn't put a specific gift in for Val but some of the dichro strips and boroimages I had in mind for her..

nagi

Old 2007-09-10, 4:33pm
Serenity Now!

No worries, girls...I am aware that some players did put in gifties for me (), but it certainly wasn't mandatory, and - as a matter of fact, there were none that I am aware of in our Stars box!

That being said - I know from my past - very happy - experience, that if a player wanted to include something special for me as a "hostess" gift, they were always clearly marked - and VERY much appreciated and loved by me....

So again - no worries girls - enjoy those beads, but I AM curious who they are from! Hopefully the maker will pipe in here...

I am (kinda secretly) hoping that some of Nagi's dichro images and that will still be in the box when it gets to me, but if you and Patrice wanna go for it Wendy, then I suppose I'll just have to get off my duff and order me some!

Super happy our box arrived safely, Wendy - hope you have fun with it!

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2007-09-10 at 4:38pm.
Old 2007-09-10, 5:20pm
Trying to Hope!

Well Nagi Sent me some dichro Images as my good luck gift so I am sure there will be plenty for you and Patrice to share

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-09-11, 4:27am
Serenity Now!

Oh that Notorious Nagi...Gotta love her!

Old 2007-09-11, 12:43pm
Trying to Hope!

Okay so here is my takes

1 reformulated milli moss
1 original milli moss
1 tequila sunrise
1 bone white
2 draconis satinwood
1 white jade
1 spring luster
1 mommkas exotic citrus
2 mommkas stormy weather
3 mommkas cherry blossom
1 mommkas antique beutey
1 silver pearl

1 set boro beads
3 frit packs

freebie pack northstar and few glass alchemy samples

and I dont own a whole lot of color other then shorts so what I am putting in is

1 pound boro shorts
9 rods or half rods whatever of Mommkas Infinity
3 rods of expeiramental mommkas murini kinda rods
1 rod transperant uranium glow in the dark rod
1 peice of 1/4 inch thick boro sheet glass 1.5 wide and 8 inches long Great for bracelets
10 rods 4mm clear simax
5 p[eices of tubing 8mm heavy wall I use for blow pipes

onyx frit
ga dark plum frit
ns yellow frit
ga twighlight frit

finally a Softglass bead for the next gal and a Fire Opal and sterling pendant for Val

did I put in enough I can always add more frits. or shorts. I just dont have many full rods of any kinda color but I can try to find more

I want to ship this on Wensday or Thursday morning so I can try and make a few boro things to put in the box tonight

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-09-11, 12:52pm
Serenity Now!

Looking great, Wendy! Look out Patrice - our STARS box is gonna be headed your way very soon now!

ETA: THANKS for my gift, Wendy...

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2007-09-11 at 9:02pm.
Old 2007-09-11, 12:56pm

Well Wendy, I think your trades look fair and good so no worries. I don't think they have to be rod for rod anyway I think it looks like you put in more than you took out. Where do you find your pendants. I am looking for some to make jewelry with. I sell alot of them. But the ebay seller that I got some from started sending crap.

Old 2007-09-13, 4:53pm
Serenity Now!

Hey there Wendy! How're things coming along with our STARS box?! Patrice has been so quiet, waiting patiently for her turn to play...

From this end, I'm STILL waiting for both the SUN and the MOON boxes to arrive at my doorstep...
As soon as I get them all, and do some re-organizing, they'll be set loose again in our Boro-Box round IV.

Sign-ups for our new game are ending tomorrow...

Old 2007-09-14, 6:48am
Serenity Now!

Happy day today...I just received our MOON box back! Wow - talk about almost busting out of the sides! Fab job you did Brandie in packing it all up so well...

I'd like to thank all the MOON players for a great round - and especially...

Jana, Jo, and Jeff for their awesomely wicked pendants,
Angie for a beautiful heart,
Bonny for a couple of big, beautiful beads,
And Sandy for a gorgeous sculpted seahorse - and for designating a frit bowl for me!

WOW! It's days like this when I feel particularly blessed, and lucky to have such kind, warm and generous fellow glass-addicts in my life as you all - thank you...

Old 2007-09-14, 8:15am
Trying to Hope!

Okay I know I said Thursday and today is friday sorry I have a 2 year old.....

Patrice its coming at you Priority mail 420 92507 9101 7850 9140 1271 2369 73 i think thats the right number

and of course after it sitting here a while I had to look one last time

I took out 3 of Nagis Dichro strips there soooo pretty and a flat butter knife 3 of Kaleras twisties.

Added a few more 8mm clear heavy wall peices fo tubing an ounce of Trevs Dichro and a Bracelet mold and a jar of my mixed striking frit....which is basicly the ends of whatever I have thats striking around thrown in a jar of about the same size odds and ends. its a smoky pretty blue and purple kinda color atm....

Thanks everyone for letting me play

Dork that I am I see my piece of Boro Candy I made still on the table so Patrice look for that its for you! Crammed in the corner of the box when i lift the lid off again......

Etsy Here
Ebay Here

Old 2007-09-14, 9:21am
Serenity Now!

Woohoo! Thanks for posting Wendy - and for my gift!

Enjoy yourself Patrice ~ and have a happy weekend everyone!

Old 2007-09-14, 9:51am
Skeptical Optimist

Can't wait!

Patrice & Paul, Running a Mirage and Barracuda on a Pro-8.
Old 2007-09-14, 1:54pm
Megra Farbot

I think the beads in the stars box were from me? LOL! I did put beads into the silver box, but no one has shown pics, so I'm not certain.
Old 2007-09-14, 2:12pm
Serenity Now!

Ahhh...the mystery just very well may be solved! Got pics Nagi!?