Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-01-03, 8:21pm
Serenity Now!

Oops! Sorry sweetie - gotchya down!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-01-03, 9:12pm
Boro Brat

Count me in again too!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-01-04, 5:12am
Serenity Now!

Done Pipyr! Happy you're playing again...

Old 2007-01-04, 5:50am

I'd love to get in on this! Sign me up, please! Jill Hoblick
Old 2007-01-04, 8:44am
Serenity Now!

Sent you a PM, Jill...Glad to have you play...

If anyone else wants to sign up, please send me your info via e-mail...
Thanks!

Old 2007-01-04, 12:10pm

Sent you my info! Thanks, this sounds like fun! Jill
Old 2007-01-05, 1:39pm
Normal is Boring!!

sounds like fun!! I wanta play with the box too!
I'll PM ya and see if it's still open to the wanta be peoples!!

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2007-01-05, 1:50pm
Serenity Now!

Got ya down, Jill - and Trudi - it's still open honey! To you, and anyone else who wants to play...please send your info via e-mail to get on the list!

Old 2007-01-08, 4:47pm
Serenity Now!

22 players! Fantastic...sign-ups will stay open for another few days, and then we'll be all set...

I asked earlier in the thread about the idea of an East and a West coast box. Since nobody piped in to give their two cents worth, I am thinking to go ahead and do it that way...if we play with one box, I figure if all goes smooth, it would take 5 1/2 months to get to all of us. If I split it up, we can all play a whole lot quicker..

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated...

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2007-01-08 at 4:48pm. Reason: Spelling!
Old 2007-01-08, 5:38pm
HourGlass Studio

I would be into doing two boxes - why not. Then perhaps we could switch the boxes and play twice...ooooh good times. LOL.

Old 2007-01-08, 5:46pm
Serenity Now!

...My thoughts, exactly, Laurie - well actually, I am thinking we could start all over again all the sooner! Anyone else...??!

Old 2007-01-08, 7:40pm
Boro Brat

I'm up for seperate boxes This will be fun!

Old 2007-01-09, 3:29am
Serenity Now!

Okay, so I admit: I'm not very good with US geography!
Would someone please put these states into order from East to West coast??!

CO - GA - NJ - RI - PA - CA - WA - IN - SC - MN - WA - TX - VA - ME -FL - IL - UT

Thanks!

Old 2007-01-09, 1:42pm
Type ZZZ personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over the Moon View Post
Okay, so I admit: I'm not very good with US geography!
Would someone please put these states into order from East to West coast??!

CO - GA - NJ - RI - PA - CA - WA - IN - SC - MN - WA - TX - VA - ME -FL - IL - UT

Thanks!
ME - RI - NJ - PA - VA - SC - FL - GA - IN - IL - MN - TX - CO - UT - CA - WA

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2007-01-09, 2:21pm
I'm a lilac!

Can I play? I'm having fun with games lately.

Old 2007-01-09, 3:50pm
Serenity Now!

You sure can Kalera! Please give me your info via e-mail, as per the first post in this thread...

Oh...for all those undecided's out there - and for all our existing players: Got some fabulous news today about a surprise that's going to be in the box - for EVERYONE to share - more about that later!

So...sign up now before it's too late!!

Old 2007-01-09, 4:00pm
Serenity Now!

Thanks so much Patty for putting them in order for me - you're a real life-saver!

Old 2007-01-10, 4:00pm
Serenity Now!

Bumpity-bump (again)!! Our Boro-box version one has just officially ended - it went off without a hitch, and I am excited to get this game started!

I will be sending out TWO boxes - an East coast, and a West coast one - hopefully they'll be leaving here within about a week...just waiting on a surprise delivery to add into the boxes!

So-o-o...this is the LAST CALL for sign-ups!!

Old 2007-01-10, 6:03pm

You could have two boxes travel through all the participants... one going east to west... and one going west to east. That could be fun!

Old 2007-01-13, 5:40pm
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imelt4U View Post
You could have two boxes travel through all the participants... one going east to west... and one going west to east. That could be fun!
That sounds fun!! Then we could race to see who gets their box to the middle first!! Could be a bit dangerous East Coast Team RULES!!!!

Old 2007-01-13, 6:23pm
Serenity Now!

Hmmm...interesting,,,Okay - how 'bout this...? I'm going to send two boxes, as mentioned - one for the East coast, and one for the West...

They'll travel through all the players - the last one on each "route" sends it back to me, and then I'll send the box out again onto the opposite route.

And I am totally open to side-games and stuff, so put your thinking-caps on so we can make this the BEST game out there...get your suggestions in here!

Oh my - this is gonna be fun!

Sign-ups STILL open for just a few more days (we're up to 26 players so far)~ and then we're off and running...

Have a happy week-end -

Old 2007-01-13, 10:30pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

How about everyone that was in the last go round has to make something out of some of the glass they took out of it last time to send to the next player?

Jerri
Old 2007-01-15, 3:38pm
Serenity Now!

LAST CALL FOT SIGN-UPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just about ready to fill our two boxes with glass and goodies, and set them on their way...I've got some fun news: I wrote to Abe Fleishman over at Northstar/Precision telling him about our game, and asking if they'd like to contribute to our boxes...

Well I heard back from a lovely lady named Nancy who sent me a bunch of Northstar and Precision color rods - all kinds of fabulous colors!! I'll be adding them in as an "extra" for all the players to choose from - I'll figure out tomorrow exactly what they've sent, and will post it together in with my list!

Yippeeeee! Thanks to the fantastic team over at Northstar/Precision!

Sign-ups will close tomorrow, January 16th...

You know what I'd really, really love???? I'd love to feel like I am not playing with a bunch of ghosts...I see you all are reading this thread, so why not contribute - and post here - to help make this as fun a game as possible???! I hate feeling like I am (practically) talking to myself!

Old 2007-01-15, 3:54pm
Temptress

I'd like to play! I haven't participated in a game before but am definitely up for giving it a try.
Julie
Old 2007-01-15, 4:00pm
Serenity Now!

Hi Julie (and whomever else wants to play...) PLEASE e-mail your info as per the first post in this thread.
Thanks! Look forward to signing you up...

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2007-01-15 at 4:00pm. Reason: Sp
Old 2007-01-15, 4:39pm
daughter and I

WhooHoo for NS/Precision!!
The last game went so quickly, sounded like everyone had a fun time with the box, AND it got back to Val!! I'd love to see all the goodies you got Val!
Can't wait to play again. I'll be out of town from 1/28 - 2/6 but I don't think it will get here that quick! I'll look for something cool in Tucson to add to the box.

Seaside Fire Designs

Some drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just swish and spit.
Old 2007-01-16, 9:14am
Fire Bug Mommy

Sorry for lurking Val! I bet once the game gets going everyone will post. You're not all alone Three cheers for NS/Precision and Val! That's awesome that you thought to contact them and they came through like that. I can't wait to get my hands on these goodies!!!!

Lauren
Old 2007-01-16, 10:32am
The Venerable Bead

good job Val. Nancy is Charles' widow and she is lovely!!!! That was very generous! Yay Northstar/Precision!!! Can't wait to play again!

Paula AKA The Venerable Bead

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2007-01-16, 6:25pm
Bead Maniac

Default Pass the Box Yeay!

Ok Put me in , sounds like fun...Susan

My blog.

Old 2007-01-17, 10:15pm
Boro Brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
ME - RI - NJ - PA - VA - SC - FL - GA - IN - IL - MN - TX - CO - UT - CA - WA
Does this mean that I'm FIRST to play this time on the east coast?!!!? This is gonna be so much fun! Thanks for doing it again, Val!!

Oh! And for anyone who wants to know, the box was only about $20 to send to canada when I was finished with it last time...and I added a couple things that made it quite heavy...just in case anyone was concerned about sending it to Canada The paperwork is super easy, too.