Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-06-28, 4:13pm

Default VIP Room

What's the deal with the VIP Room?....I don't understand why the cost is figured for every 20 days...what a way to overdraw my Paypal account.

I would go for it if it was a monthly fee (something I could enter as a recurring transaction like my health insurance), but I just can't remember to enter something every 20 days.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

All my children have paws
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2011-06-28, 6:28pm

Location: Loving Bermuda, dreaming of Africa and looking forward to Maine!

Agree ... ! There doesn't seem to be a whole lot happening that often!!!
Old 2011-06-29, 2:45pm
Triumphantly Knit!

me, too. if the idea is to help raise money to run the forum, wouldn't it make sense to make it more affordable and for a longer period of time.

I don't quite understand the woodshed, either. like, why? would I want to go there?

namaste

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

"Only from the heart can you touch the sky"

"Be kind whenever possible.It is always possible
Old 2011-06-29, 10:59pm

I have no problem paying something for the forum. I find so much here. It's the time period of 20 days that gets to me. If monthly, quarterly, yearly...no prob but every 20 days there is no way I could remember.

All my children have paws
Proud Member of "YOU PEOPLE" 9.13.11
Old 2011-06-30, 1:25am

I don't understand why we can't preview the room before we pay to enter it. I would never buy anything sight unseen and that's what the VIP room feels like to me.
Old 2011-06-30, 4:38am
sunscreen me baby

I think it's a clever solution to raise money. What you are paying for is what you use every time you come here. If you watch the VIP room you will see the most recent post title. If something comes up you would like a chance to win then that is probably the time to make your donation and enter for a chance to win.

Serendipity I don't think Corri expects people to belong for months at a time. You donate when you can or see something that you want and do it here and there.

2tumblingdragonz $11 is pretty affordable for the number of giveaways going on in that room. We used to pay $5 for a raffle ticket to one giveaway. This way you are paying $11 for at least 4 going on now and a few more that will come along during your 20 days. It's more affordable than in the past. And I think it's important to remember this is a fundraiser for the site.

The Woodshed was created for people to talk politics. It used to happen in the Bathroom and would get very heated. I'm sure you can imagine. Politics were banned from the bathroom. The room was created for those that really wanted the discussions. I believe payment helped ensure it was for those that were looking for intelligent discussions and to avoid the shrapnel affect.

~

Old 2011-06-30, 8:19am
Gentleman of Leisure

Don't believe in pay to play on any forums.... Places like VIP room and Woodshed (which used to be free) is just a way to raise money for forum operator, nothing wrong about doing this, its just my funds are thin enough that I rather pay for glass and fuel and oxygen than entertainment or whatever goes on behind "closed doors"....

Don't mean to offend anyone here, people make personal choices and that is fine... My choice is not to play (pay) ..... If a forum gets to "expensive" to participate, never fear someone will start a new one and people who count will gravitate to the new one.....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2011-06-30, 9:37am
Triumphantly Knit!

if it's to raise money and create contestansts why isn't it called the fundraiser rather than the VIP room?
$11 for 20 days being affordable is personal. a lottery ticket is 50 cents or a dollar and there are times that is not affordable. I was saying that I think a more affordable rate AND a less random amount of time would raise more money, imo.
Why is it seeming to me that posting on this forum, in general, gets personal as opposed to healthy input by individuals coming together to improve common interests?

namaste
Rowyn

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right"

Old 2011-06-30, 9:41am
Life is change. Love it

I joined to support Corri, but got a great selection of interesting glass worth 150.00 for 75.00 from Mike Frantz.

Well worth it IMO

Old 2011-06-30, 9:46am
Storm Queen

Corri asked for name suggestions a couple of times in the Bathroom. That would have been a good time to suggest a name and put in your personal feelings about the cost. You can always send her a PM too. Posting about it here really won't do much good because the chances of Corri reading this thread are pretty slim.

And Rowyn, I'm not sure what post you're taking offense too. Perhaps a post was deleted? Because I only see people answering your questions in a general way.

Old 2011-06-30, 10:31am
Triumphantly Knit!

Hi Amy,

I'm not offended. It's a generalisation and not me that I was actually speaking of. Just what I seem to be noticing, and it makes me sad because I know how hard it is to run a forum and I love this place and want to see it thrive.

I've been to the bathroom twice in 6 months. It's not really for me.

I posted here because I didn't know what the vip room was and the rest just flowed with the posts.

There are many places on this forum I have never been to. I've spent the good part of many days on here and in no way come close to being able to reading it all. it's impossible for me.

Hope that clears THAT up.

namaste
Rowyn

Old 2011-06-30, 12:14pm
sunscreen me baby

Then I should have said "more affordable than in the past". But the reality is, it's very affordable. You are under no obligation to participate. Can you afford that?

~

Old 2011-06-30, 3:56pm
Triumphantly Knit!

I was trying to suggest ways to be more inclusive rather than exclusive. Ya know, solution not dissolution.
I'd also like to be able to donate things to the fundraiser without paying $11.

And again, I was not speaking about me personally, hence my comment about other people getting personal rather than participating in a healthy discussion.

namaste
Rowyn

Old 2011-06-30, 4:21pm
Duchess of Dichro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tumblingdragonz View Post
if it's to raise money and create contestansts why isn't it called the fundraiser rather than the VIP room?
$11 for 20 days being affordable is personal. a lottery ticket is 50 cents or a dollar and there are times that is not affordable. I was saying that I think a more affordable rate AND a less random amount of time would raise more money, imo.
Why is it seeming to me that posting on this forum, in general, gets personal as opposed to healthy input by individuals coming together to improve common interests?

namaste
Rowyn
The most important point you seem to be missing is....... This is Corri's forum! She makes the rules, rooms, etc. We get the right to play and enjoy or not, that part is up to each individual

Old 2011-06-30, 4:26pm
sunscreen me baby

One can donate to the VIP room without belonging. The individual can contact Corri about how.

Quoted from the VIP room description:

"Vendors: If you would like access in order to post extra specials deals for LE supporters, please contact me."

~

Last edited by SuzyQ; 2011-06-30 at 4:28pm.
Old 2011-06-30, 4:43pm
Triumphantly Knit!

Is a purpose for this forum discussion?

Is this section not for questions and suggestions?

Was I anything but suggestive of how to improve this?

What the heck did I do to start the slam train against me?

I asked a question, a discussion started, and now we're to it's Corri's forum blah blah blah.

Seriously????

maybe I thought too much of this place. I'm actually gonna stop answering the people whose names I keep seeing in argumentative threads.

I enjoy it here too much to waste my time if my intent is still lost to these few.

I am not a vendor, I am an le member who wants to help, but I do appreciate that you are now trying to be helpful.

Let's just let this one go. This is just stupid...lol

namaste

Old 2011-06-30, 5:01pm
sunscreen me baby

I have been trying to be helpful the entire time. I didn't just start to try and I haven't been arguing. I'm not sure how to be more clear for you.

~

Old 2011-06-30, 5:24pm
sunscreen me baby

I'm glad to see hearing the explanations from other people in your other thread is helping you understand. I guess I don't speak your language.

~

Old 2011-06-30, 5:28pm
Who me?

Humph, why do threads like this always seem to deteriorate into disagreements, with folks misunderstanding each other?
Old 2011-06-30, 5:29pm
Rose colored glasses…√

I've not signed up for the VIP room, but I don't feel as though I'm being excluded from the fun. For there to be "a solution" there has to be "a problem", and the existence of said problem is debatable. I don't see a problem. Join, or don't join; it's no big deal.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-06-30, 5:30pm
sunscreen me baby

I don't know. I wasn't trying to argue, am not upset and don't even know what I said that was argumentative, lol.

~

Old 2011-06-30, 5:39pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Please. Suzy, you are such a freakin' trouble maker.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2011-06-30, 6:02pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
Totally.

Old 2011-06-30, 6:05pm
sunscreen me baby

That's only because Amy's my idol

~

Old 2011-06-30, 6:25pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
That's only because Amy's my idol
<rimshot>

Old 2011-06-30, 7:14pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
Wow, that takes the pressure off me!....

Dale

Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2011-07-01, 5:00am
sunscreen me baby

Lemonwood and Amazon, if you click on the actual words "VIP Room" when looking at the home page it will open up and show you all the thread titles. So while you can't read the thread you can get a good idea of what is available.

~

Old 2011-07-01, 5:26am

Wow SuzyQ I didn't know that, Thanks! I just went in and peeked at the titles. I will be sure to check it often now that I can see the titles and if something pops out at me I will pay to play
Old 2011-07-01, 6:15am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tumblingdragonz View Post
There are many places on this forum I have never been to. I've spent the good part of many days on here and in no way come close to being able to reading it all. it's impossible for me.

FYI, if you go up to the bar at the top of the page with the "User CP" "FAQ" etc, there is a "New Posts" link. That will give you all of the threads, from the entire board, that had posts to them since you last did that search so you won't have to search every room to see whats new (except bathroom and pay threads). It is one awesome tool.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2011-07-01, 7:42am
aka Spawn Of Flame

Yes. We all know that it is Corri's forum and she can do what she wants. I'm ok with that, and I will conjecture that the OP is too.

It seems to me that the point of this thread was to suggest that a cycle of something other than 20 days would make some people more comfortable. You know - the OCD kind of people like me. 20 days isn't one a monthly cycle or an even number of weeks. It's not the amount (that is a personal decision), it's the timing. It freaks me out - but then again many things do.

You know I'm coming from the point of --- there are a whole lot of quirky people here. Myself included.

With that said, I guess I'll go pony up my 11 bucks and at the end of the 20 days, I will likely not fall off a cliff. I will survive. It'll be ok. Maybe.

(It's not a subscription, right?) Because if it is, then maybe I will fall off a cliff...

Tomorrow, I will tell you about the other day when I put my right sock on before my left... talk about freaked out! [kidding] Well, kidding about telling you about it.

--
--
--