No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2006-10-25, 3:38pm
Covered in glitter

Default Electric Mandrel Spinner

Do you have one? Do you love it? Do you want one? Tell me about it please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2006-10-25, 3:39pm

I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!! It's such an amazing tool! Definitely worth the money.
Old 2006-10-25, 4:49pm
Oh No You Didn't!

I just got mine and have been playing with it for the first time today in between feeding & watering the frogsong farm and watering the yard and flowers and crap....LOL

It takes some getting used to, but it's wonderful so far for making barrels and bicones.

I've made three beads with it so far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is............. Deb

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2006-10-25, 4:57pm

omigosh!!! I ordered mine and am anxiously awaiting. It will be 4 weeks on Sunday. YIKES!!! I can hardly stand it!! I am on vacation on Friday and I so hope that it arrives tomorrow so I can play. Any hints on getting used to it? I am NOT expecting that I can just 'plug and play' I figure there will be a learning curve. So please do tell,,,,, what do you think? Any hints?

and also ......
Old 2006-10-25, 7:48pm

Deb, Have you read the other thread that would be about 1-3 weeks old?

I love mine and hate to make a bead without it!
Old 2006-10-25, 8:39pm
I'm a lilac!

I WANT one! I'm deathly afraid of repetetive motion injury... what if I ruin my wrists and can't make beads anymore? I want to get one to prolong my beadmaking life.

Old 2006-10-25, 8:55pm
Out of the biz

It is, by far, the best tool I have ever used in my life. And not merely the best tool for lampworking, the best tool PERIOD. Now, before I got the rolling marver, it was great, but with the rolling marver, it's just unbelievable. Really, every lampworker should have one.
Old 2006-10-25, 9:10pm
I'm a lilac!

I'm going to have to torch on weekends to help me save up, after reading that!

Old 2006-10-26, 9:48am

What's a rolling marver?

Somebody I met at a trunk show had one and said it helped him make his beads round so much faster than by hand. I make little bity beads and don't have to spin and spin, I'm more moving it around to apply this and that to my beads so I don't think it would help me much.

Bullet with 2 15lp oxycons
Old 2006-10-26, 9:55am

I want a mandrel spinner but it is going to have to wait. I just can't cough up 200.00 bucks right before the holidays.
I want one to help with doing spacers. I saw a demo on some web site and it sure does seem to speed that up.
I hate doing spacers!!!!!

Ruth
Old 2006-10-26, 9:55am
Out of the biz

The rolling marver is this thing here. It's awesome because it allows you to marver with your EMS without distorting the surface decoration, at all. It's also fantabulous for things like bicones, because you can tilt the mandrel below the plane of the marvering action.

I used my EMS for most of a year before I got a rolling marver, and I feel pretty dumb for not springing for the marver earlier.
Old 2006-10-26, 9:56am

If you want to know how WONDERFUL the EMS is Let me tell you!!!!!
Read my thread here:
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=37085

And look at the perfect twisties it helped me make! They were GOOD before, but now they are really great! And my wrists are THRILLED.

Add that to this; the beads I am making with it are easier to round up, and the EMS is a MAJOR plus when making geometrics on beads!
I love it SO much I've added a link in my website to BearfootArt.com !
hugs
Lynnie

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2006-10-26, 10:16am
Covered in glitter

OK can't someone say something bad about it, please? I really can't afford this right now and I REALLY want one! It may have to be my Xmas present to me.

And those who were seen dancing were thought insane by those who couldn't hear the music. --Nietzsche
Old 2006-10-26, 10:26am
Knows what a bubbler is!

Mike loves his, I bought him one last year when they were first featured in Lapidary Journal.

Best thing since sliced bread, and definitely saves your hands and wrists.

-Su

Old 2006-10-26, 12:09pm
what's a senior moment ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by debkauz
OK can't someone say something bad about it, please? I really can't afford this right now and I REALLY want one! It may have to be my Xmas present to me.
Deb, take it from one Deb to another - there truly is NOTHING bad about this tool. I've posted on nearly every thread that has existed about this tool and I'll continue to repeat myself about it - it is by far the best tool on the market for making beads. If mine ever got stolen or smashed beyond repair - I would order another one no questions asked.
My next step is the rolling marvers. Everything I've heard about those sound pretty fabulous as well.
Customer service is beyond reproach ! Scott and Monica are the absolute best in that department !
Nope, nothing bad at all can be said.
Debbie A.
Old 2006-10-26, 12:20pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

I just did a garage sale thing and have enough now for the ems and rolling marver, I'm off to order. Yippy!!!!!
chris ann
Old 2006-10-27, 4:11am

learning curve for EMS consists of using it and having nice straight mandrels. It definitely doesn't like mandrels with any bends. I have bought heaps of 1/16 mandrels since I bought mine because I consistently bend mine being too rough with them. I think I had the EMS down pat within a day or two.
Kym
Old 2006-10-27, 9:55am
Miss my BoBo Griff

I ordered mine yest and ordered the rolling marver as well. Question, I ordered the regular marver is that the right one to order? I couldn't remember which one we tried out at the glass dragons weekend thing. help anyone know?
thanks
chris ann
Old 2006-10-29, 7:59am
Jan and Quincy

Hi Chris Ann! I ordered one, too, after seeing it at the Fall Festival (that was fun, wasn't it?) Can't wait until it gets here. Monica said all orders will ship out before they leave for Spain in 3 weeks. I ordered the smaller marver, too. That is the size that they donated to the Dragons. Also, to those that are left handed, like me, you need to tell them when you order, cuz they will place the box plug receptacle on the opposite side so the cord will be out of the way for a leftie. A hour long dvd comes with the device, too. I just can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it!!!
Old 2006-10-29, 8:25am
Miss my BoBo Griff

Me too, Thanks Jan
ttyl
chris ann
Old 2006-11-05, 5:49am

Default OMIGOSH

Fantastic!!! I got mine yesterday and had so much fun with it!! 4 hours passd by as if only 1 hour. I love it........ scrape up some cash, sell your shoes WHATEVER!!!! You need/want/desire/can;t live without this tool!! Can you tell I like it? HA! And I thought it would take me a while to get used to it but not really! I just turned it on and played! Thanks to Scott and Monica!

and also ......