Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-06-09, 10:46am

Default DH question?

So, after taking Hayley's class, I went out and spent mucho dollars on Double Helix glass. I did not buy it directly from DH, but opted to go for a sale. My observation is that my rods (psyche, terranova 2.1, Luna 2.1, Kronos 2, and Clio) are all pretty skinny...not like the ones that were provided at the class, which I believe were purchsed from DH and which I would describe as an average thickness.

I did purchase some Aether from DH, and those rods were perfect...average thickness, etc....

Is this the norm?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-06-09, 11:00am
Tweedle Dumb

Did you buy the seconds? If so, then yes, that is the norm. Aether is a little chubbier than the other DH rods, at least in my experience. I've only had the seconds of Aether though... I would say an average stick of DH is 5-6 mm some a little chubbier, some a little skinnier.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-06-09, 11:11am
Just Plain

My Psyche rods are skinny, and I bought them directly from DH, not seconds. They work just fine

Old 2010-06-09, 11:38am
Tweedle Dumb

Ohh yeah, and they all work just fine.

Old 2010-06-09, 11:40am
da General

Vangie, the rod size varies from batch to batch from vendor to vendor. Glad to see that you have ordered some and will be playing. I wanna see pics!

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-06-09, 2:35pm

Hey Hayley,
Have I mentioned that I LOVED your class???!!!! Yeah, I already knew that I loved silver glass, I just needed to figure it out. Thanks to you, it's really starting to happen. I promise to post pics at some point. Hope all is well with you girl!

It's good to hear that the "seconds" work fine because I haven't tried it yet. The only thing is if I'm buying seconds, I wanna know it before I pay for it...ugh!

Thanks for your input!
Old 2010-06-09, 2:59pm
Entropy increasing....

I have some very skinny Psyche rods. The Kronos are a bit chubbier.

It really doesn't matter how big the rods are. It's the same glass.
Old 2010-06-09, 3:08pm
da General

I loved having you in my class, Vangie! We did miss you tons after you left and some of us stayed for Holly's class! Can't wait to see pics! I have been busy . . . and heading to Blue Moon in Austin end of the month to make others become silver glass addicts like us! lol!

|
|
|
|
Old 2010-06-09, 3:24pm
Tweedle Dumb

Just because they are skinny doesn't make them seconds. Actually DH seconds are a complete joke. They would be considered first quality by any other company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy View Post
Hey Hayley,
Have I mentioned that I LOVED your class???!!!! Yeah, I already knew that I loved silver glass, I just needed to figure it out. Thanks to you, it's really starting to happen. I promise to post pics at some point. Hope all is well with you girl!

It's good to hear that the "seconds" work fine because I haven't tried it yet. The only thing is if I'm buying seconds, I wanna know it before I pay for it...ugh!

Thanks for your input!