Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-10-23, 6:59am
Kobuki & DIY Homefill Sys

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway View Post
...I don't see the reasoning as the two OG20s run my Phantom at the same level I have run it on bottled oxy.
you must not have been running your Phantom with very high psi when you were using tanked then, because the phantom can easily handle 40+ psi and the flame is driving and well defined, depending on your green and blue adjustments. Due to the limited output psi of oxycons, I find it hard to believe that any oxycon combo can run a phantom or mirage to full capability, without an O2 pressure booster system.
Old 2009-10-23, 8:51am
Lampworker

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbone View Post
hey oldschool, why does your tank fill system (ex2000?) only let you work your tank down to 600 psi? Seems like you should be able to fill from empty or near empty and have a quicker fill rate at the lower end...
i have no idea. maybe jack or paul know the answer. on fridays i try to drain the tank so i get max useage. when we notice our oxygen going, the regulator on the tank still reads 600#

i kind of heard that you shouldnt let it go below 600# before i bought it but didnt realize what it actually ment, is that you cant go below 600#.

like i said before if your only burning about 1000-1400# a day, these machines are perfect.
Old 2009-10-23, 9:22am
Kobuki & DIY Homefill Sys

That is bizarre because the compressor that fills the tank is independent of the tank itself, so you should have no problems emptying the tank. From what I could tell on the abr pix, the compressor whip has to be installed on the tank when you want to fill, and removed when you want to attach your regulator to the tank. If that is actually the case, then you should be able to empty your tank like normal.

Are you sure your regulator is functioning properly?
Old 2009-10-23, 9:30am
The Battle of Boro Boro

Hmm. I run my tanks COMPLETELY empty with no problems. Although, I will say that if I am running my pre-mix fires I won't do it...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-10-24, 6:49pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyCreekGlass View Post
Hmm. I run my tanks COMPLETELY empty with no problems. Although, I will say that if I am running my pre-mix fires I won't do it...
I run my tanks totally empty as well. Why waste oxygen? All my torches are surface mix though....

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2009-10-26, 5:27pm
tweetysweetie

For those of you have used tanked/Lox and concentrators/generators systems...do you notice a difference in colors between the two?

Old 2009-12-07, 6:54pm
Lampworker

i think my regulator is not working because i used a different reg and it only fills to 1800# so im guessing it will empty to 0. havent emptied it yet on this reg.

as far as colors, yes i do see a difference if your not getting enough oxygen. can reduce colors like GA raven or china cobalt. also the amber purple will not grow enough crystals if you dont get it enough oxygen, splitting a huricane between two lynxes for example, will be difficult to strike A/P.

so my filling station isnt working. i have to ship it back to IN and wait. hope it doesnt take 3 weeks. all because of an oring or seal.

ill telll you all, the part of these filling station and concentrators that will go out first are the seals (diaphrams, orings) what ever you want to call them, but they are a .20$ part. and they are extremly difficult to replace.
Old 2009-12-09, 8:19pm
I love glass

I run my phantom outer fire with an M-15. It is hot enough for me but 2 M-15's would be perfect.

Old 2009-12-10, 7:20pm
Attack of the Snuggie!

This is what you need Run your 2 Ex-15s through a compressor into a 60 gallon holding tank. Holds about 2750 liters of oxygen takes 5-6 hours to fill and about 2-3 hours to burn through with my Delta Elite running full blast but if I use just the inner flame part of the time I can go really long. Its like having a 3/4 of a K tank which refills every 5-6 hours if need be plus fills as you go.

Makes 2 1/2 to 3" Boro marbles just fine.

Haven't use any tanked oxy in 3 months and totally loving it.

Pic of the beast before I figured out how to almost totally sound proof it.
Attached Images

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

...Stephen F Roberts