LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-09-16, 11:24am

Default Requesting a Tutorial

Has anyone set up a thread to request tutorials?
There are a couple of techniques I would like to learn and would love pictures and directions.
Old 2010-09-16, 12:40pm

There was a list at Wet Canvas. Don't have a link tho. sorry
Old 2010-09-16, 7:13pm
senior citizen lampworker

I accept request for tuts. What would you like to learn how to make? I specialize in sculptural work.

A YouTube video I made:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-16, 7:58pm
Am I there yet ?

glassdog--I just went to your website. Wow, you do amazing work. I know this may be off topic for this thread but.... I am an avid breeder/owner/handler of chinese cresteds. Do you take requests for specific breeds? Obviously I am looking for a chinese crested. Also-I am the secretary for 2 dog show clubs and loved your trophies. Can you PM me you prices for those? I would greatly appreciate it. I am always looking for great best in show prizes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdog View Post
I accept request for tuts. What would you like to learn how to make? I specialize in sculptural work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-17, 9:44am

Default Wow, great animals

Just went to your site.... My orgininal request was in regards to making some coral implosians. But I would love to see a small boro glass cat.
WOWWW
Old 2010-09-17, 2:49pm
senior citizen lampworker

The only photo of my cat I could find was this one. Sorry, its not the best photo but I thought you might like it.

A YouTube video I made:
Old 2010-09-17, 3:59pm

I still need help on implosions. Went into Michael's today and just browsed by the "chinese" beads lol.
They have these floral implosions and they are like perfect! Or there are these lilies that you can see the depth and the length of them. I've tried implosions and do well if using frit but I just can't seem to figure out how to make them any other way and keep them even~
I would soooo love to have another tutorial out there that would teach me a new technique. Not silver glass techie stuff but maybe making umm..let's see dot's that end up being a design by the time you're done. Something that would help me practice stringer control and actually make something other than surface florals, raised dots, melted dots....
Sigh! I really need to take a class or something.

Old 2010-09-17, 4:10pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reenie View Post
I still need help on implosions. Went into Michael's today and just browsed by the "chinese" beads lol.
They have these floral implosions and they are like perfect! Or there are these lilies that you can see the depth and the length of them. I've tried implosions and do well if using frit but I just can't seem to figure out how to make them any other way and keep them even~
I would soooo love to have another tutorial out there that would teach me a new technique. Not silver glass techie stuff but maybe making umm..let's see dot's that end up being a design by the time you're done. Something that would help me practice stringer control and actually make something other than surface florals, raised dots, melted dots....
Sigh! I really need to take a class or something.
Take a class with John Kobuki and all will be clear... (or cruise the marble room for tips).

Old 2010-09-17, 9:56pm

Oh yea Shawnette. That would be a dream come true. His stuff is awesome! A class is not possible with me however so the tutorials are the next best thing.

Old 2010-09-17, 10:13pm

Reenie, for an implosion tut post 38 of this page link is for a flower implosion http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...t=71430&page=2

Wasn't sure if this is what you were looking for.