Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2012-07-21, 11:51am
Did you say summin' ??

Talking Which Haley Tsang tut to buy?

Has anyone purchased the "S E" silver color tutorials from Haley Tsang? If I were to purchase one, which one gives me the most concise, plentiful, more bang for my buck tutorials ? So many to choose from !

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-07-21, 12:46pm

I only have SE2 and I love it

If I were to buy another one I would go with SE7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ALL MY GALAXY MURRINI, ROSE MURRINI AS WELL AS MY NEW TUTORIAL ON MY ETSY SHOP

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-07-22, 2:38pm
Did you say summin' ??

Why would you purchase SE7 now ?? I'll check both of them out. Her descriptions aren't real in depth, I assume they all include different silver glasses (as described) I want the one that uses Dbl Helix, as that is the only silver glasses that I have invested in. Thanks for your imput !
Carol

Old 2012-07-22, 3:24pm
Rose colored glasses…√

If you peruse the exchange threads, perhaps you can see which exchange piques your interest the most.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2012-07-22, 3:43pm

All of the SE exchanges include any silver glass, not just Double Helix. It is whatever the people making the beads want to use. I would look through the exchange threads, as Chrissij suggests. The ebooks are not so much a tutorial as a pictoral reference with some notes on how each bead was made, and from which combination of glass. There are not really step by step instructions, at least not in the ones I have.

Probably the more recent ones will cover some of the newer glasses available, and also everybody's favorites. I love the ones I have.

Hayley, correct me if I am wrong about the content - I am working off an overloaded brain these days.
Old 2012-07-22, 6:08pm
da General

Hi Carol,

As Kathy mentioned, the SE ebooks are not step by step with a picture for each step but more a bulleted list of steps with one picture of the finished bead. Some lists are simple and others are more thorough depending on what each participant submitted.

SE5 is the biggest with the most beads and description but it's published a couple of years back so does not contain the newest glasses such as Clio and Kalypso. Each ebook contain almost all of the then current Double Helix glass, lots of Precision 104, TAG 104, some Reichenbach, Zimmerman, Gaffer, etc. On this blog post, I have outlined some of the glasses most used for each, hopefully that will help you to decided.

http://envisionsf.blogspot.com/2012/...ur-ebooks.html

Thanks!

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-07-23, 4:16am
Did you say summin' ??

Thanks so much, Haley ! I appreciate it !
Carol

Old 2012-07-28, 1:53pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolWatson View Post
Why would you purchase SE7 now ?? I'll check both of them out. Her descriptions aren't real in depth, I assume they all include different silver glasses (as described) I want the one that uses Dbl Helix, as that is the only silver glasses that I have invested in. Thanks for your imput !
Carol
Just because it has the most recent glass, to get some ideas from

ALL MY GALAXY MURRINI, ROSE MURRINI AS WELL AS MY NEW TUTORIAL ON MY ETSY SHOP

|
|
|
|
Old 2012-07-28, 1:59pm
Did you say summin' ??

Gotcha ! Thanks !

Old 2012-08-21, 1:54pm

Default Silver glass tut

I highly recommend Angela Meier's second tutorial. It is great an focuses on DH. I got it on etsy.
Old 2012-08-21, 2:36pm

Honestly I have them all and refer to them every day when I working with silver glasses.
They are just a great resourse.