Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-09-14, 3:10pm
Soft glass addict

Default Please show me your beads made with Sedona :)

I can't wait to get my Sedona glass, it'll arrive this coming week
I saw Kimberly's gorgeous beads made with this glass (that was the biggest reason i bought it btw.) , do you have more beads made with this glass Kimberly and did anyone else already play with this glass? I so wanna see more beads made with it so please show them
Mega Minor + 2 oxycons and lovin it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-14, 3:13pm
Soft glass addict

Default ooops

Sorry, i posted this in the wrong thread, going to post it in the gallery
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-09-14, 3:17pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I am SO glad I bit the bullet and bought this glass!

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-09-14, 3:23pm
Soft glass addict

Holy s..., Kimberly, i LOVE the beads you made with it, yum!! Does it react with silver etc., like going dark or something? (yep,i also put the same thread in the gallery,hope nobody minds)
It seems to get a crackle effect all by itself, i think i'm really going to like this glass
Old 2008-09-14, 3:25pm
Soft glass addict

Can't wait to see your beads made with it Squid, please show m when you got your glass in
Old 2008-09-14, 3:48pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

oh my, that sounds scrumptious Kimberly!

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-09-15, 1:33am

Very interesting glass I must say.
Sedona is evil! Totally!
You really need to work it in an oxydizing flame.
Kimberly those beads are fantastic!!
My daughter played with it tonite.
It reduces to a metallic finish as well.
The pigs..well she tried and I think did a good job but the defrication <sp?> was very apparent!
The smaller beads (round) one looked cool and the other was reduced so you see the metallic finish on it.
There's a another mandrel with just a swipe of color on it. Has like 3 different shades of pink to it. Very cool glass. Gonna take a while to figure it out though

Old 2008-09-15, 9:38am
Storm Queen

I'm glad it plays well with silver glass but I was hoping I could use it with reducing glass as well. I guess it doesn't like that?

Old 2008-09-15, 10:36am

Amy,
It doesn't with me but I didn't get to play with the glass very long. Still having problems with my eyes so I just limited myself to a few quick one's.
Give a couple others some time to play and post. I'm not the one to base your decision on this glass because...well I've seen what you can do with silver colors and hard to do glass so...please don't go off of me.
I figured the longer I worked it is when it got like evil pink but looking at Kim's bead...that's not the case. It could just be me

Old 2008-09-15, 10:47am
Storm Queen

If it's like EDP then it likes to be worked hot so it makes sense that it's a perfect combo with striking silver glass.

Old 2008-09-15, 1:08pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I got mine today and am going to try and play with it tonight.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-09-15, 1:46pm
Soft glass addict

I like the colors the pigs have Reenie and also that it can be reduced. So totally evil glass huh, can't wait and see if i can tame it

Yes, it seems to be a great combo with striking silver glass, work m both hot and then let it cool and back in the flame but the striking glass shouldn't get too hot again to strike and the Sedona should be going through a fairly hot flame before putting it in the kiln right? Help me on this one please Kimberly..

Play with it tonight Squid so we can see some pics tomorrow

Mine's still on it's way to me, can't wait, what do the rods look like btw if you look at the inside?
Old 2008-09-15, 3:25pm

Kim,
Do you just work it in a neutral flame though? I think mine was a bit on the oxydizing more.
I just know this glass has some different tonalities in it that are totally cool. From dark pinks to raspberrys and even a hint of brown. When I first started the bead it looked like there was white mixed in as well but I think it was just the light pink!
I have two tonalities in rod form. Some range like Kimberly's with a bit of brown to it and the other one is between a dark pink and violet?
The insides of the rods are omg....real cool
It's like a tree trunk with mixtures of dark and very light pinks going through it.
Can't wait to see your beads squid.
Thanks for liking the pig btw.....Just wish the colors would have kept
But PPP....that's all it takes to figure out any glass I guess.
Thanks for sharing everyone.
Oh and BTW...I really like the Metalic Black!!!

Old 2008-09-15, 3:43pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

If you want less devit, try using a very very slight reduction flame.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-09-15, 8:31pm

ah..okay maybe that's the trick then.
Devit is good if you can control it
It controls me!!!

Old 2008-09-17, 3:04am
Soft glass addict

I'm still waiting for my Sedona to arrive, i'm patient, NOT
Did you already play with it Squid?? I want to see some more pics please
Thanks for telling more about the glass Kimberly!
Old 2008-09-17, 9:43am
A True Woofer

I love this glass!

These have terranova2 on a base of sedona. I got some of the brownish colors down by the ends on the middle and top beads.

Old 2008-09-17, 10:42am
Soft glass addict

Wow Ellen, i think your beads look stunning, great combo too with the terranova2
Old 2008-09-17, 1:32pm
A True Woofer

Thanks, Tam!

Old 2008-09-17, 1:47pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Wow Ellen - those are GORGEOUS!

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-09-19, 5:00am
Soft glass addict

Yeah, i got my Sedona in today I'll play with it this weekend.
Squid, got some beads to show? Who else bought Sedona and played with it, please show them beadies
Old 2008-09-19, 8:32am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I will try and get a pic today of the bead I made. I got more of the terracotta color out of them than pink.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-09-19, 3:00pm
Soft glass addict

Can't wait to see your bead Squid, i've just played with it as well
I do like working with this glass, now i can't wait till it's tomorrow morning to get it out of the kiln.
Old 2008-09-19, 10:32pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I made some more beads with it tonight - using it like it was EDP - I can't wait to get them out of the kiln in the morning!

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-09-20, 8:23am

Default Whatcha think?

Finally got our Sedona. I had a chance to use it last night and took Kimberly's advice about silver glass so I used pandora (thnx Kimberly). It's a Sedona base with Pandora streaks and clear ends. Sorry for the bad pic.
Old 2008-09-20, 9:37am

It may be because I didn't work the middle as much as the ends. Notice my Pandora is still kinda green in the middle? I was tying to keep the center thinner. Oh and thanks for the comment, means a lot comin from you.
Old 2008-09-20, 11:16am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

I made some beads with Sedonna over the last couple of days. This one is Sedona and Terranova 2:

and this is Sedona and Turquoise - it really is almost EDP:

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-09-20, 11:34am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Thanks, Kimberly. I really like this glass - it devits like crazy, but it's easy to get rid of right before you pop it into the kiln.

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2008-09-20, 2:13pm
Soft glass addict

Beautiful bead with those pinks Shane and Squid, gorgeous beads, i still have to try it with Terranova2, can't wait and it's also a great combo with the turquoise. The devit is really easy to get rid off, i love this glass
Just as you Kimberly i hope they keep making this glass and may each batch be different. Only thing is that every time they make a batch we have to buy a lot over and over again and i'm sure you bought a truck load of this batch didn't you
Ok, i made a set yesterday with only Sedona, sis and a new coral. When they went into the kiln i saw a lot of purple but when they came out a lot was gone. But there still is some together with blue and pink and earthy colors. Btw. in the 1st pic it just looks like there's a fall leaf on the top of the bead
Hope you like the set i made.

Old 2008-09-20, 3:31pm

Wow great beads. Squid I'm glad you got good results from it...Now how do you keep it from deviting? I know you should use just flame but wouldn't that reduce it???
I always thought it was the other way around....maybe my problem with EDP too!
It was worth the wait. I like the barrel bead the best too!