Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2008-07-10, 6:14am
ID10T Problem Solver

Default Ever After's Pansy Tutorial

I purchased Laurie's tutorial and just finished reading it and I have to say, she did a great job.

She did not talk over my head, there are a lot of pictures to help the visual person, and it was very well laid out...I understood it the first time through! She also has a very witty personality that shines through.

The price was excellent and well worth it. She deserves great success with it and I hope this encourages her, and others, to do more purchasable tutorials.

I purchased it here: Pansy Tutorial

Thank you Laurie, kudos to you!

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2008-07-10, 6:59am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

it's good isn't it!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-07-10, 9:35am

Thanks for posting this. I just ordered a copy!

Tamara

Old 2008-07-10, 9:44am
Gimme that silver glass!

It's wonderful, it makes me want to try to create them immediately!

MY NEW E-TUTORIAL:

Old 2008-07-10, 9:53am

Yeah - thanks for letting us know! I just purchased it as well and it is really good - I'm off to turn on the kiln!
Thanks Laurie!
Jenny

Old 2008-07-10, 10:04am
da General

I love tutorials! Thank you for the link!

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-07-10, 10:39am

Thanks for the link , I love tutorials, just purchased it. Dicrodi
Old 2008-07-10, 2:36pm
I speak Murrini!

I got it also! I've been fascinated with her pansies forever...I've tried and tried, but just couldn't get them to look "real" like hers. Now that I have the tut, I KNOW what I was doing wrong!!! When I'm back to the torch (soon, hopefully!) I'll be giving this another try - the RIGHT WAY!!!

~De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-07-10, 2:46pm

I just ordered mine. I've been admiring her beautiful flowers for a long time. I can't wait to try these. Thanks, Laurie!

Old 2008-07-10, 3:36pm
formerly Marella

Woohoo!!
I just ordered my tutorial as well...can't wait to give them a go!
Thanks so much for putting this together!

~
~
~
Old 2008-07-10, 4:18pm
Serenity Now!

Oh NO!!!!! It's sold-out... Oh YAY! Just heard from Laurie - I'd followed a bad link...there's plenty more ~ and it's just fab! Thanks a bunch!

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:

Last edited by Over the Moon; 2008-07-11 at 5:20pm.
Old 2008-07-10, 4:27pm
Sheryll

Check again, there's 3 listings for multiples in stock.

Old 2008-07-10, 4:29pm

Smile

I just finished downloading Laurie's tutorial - it looks great!!!

Can't wait to try it -- thanks for sharing, Laurie!

Shirley
Old 2008-07-10, 7:03pm
Burning Fingers!

Just as soon as I get some funds in my Paypal account, I will order one - can't wait. I knew I shouldn't have cleared out the account!
I have been admiring Laurie's florals for as long as I have been here on LE.

/
/
/

Old 2008-07-10, 7:31pm

OHHHHH I just ordered it! how long does it take to arrive in my inbox?! I may forgo sleep for this one!
Jen

WOW it takes about 6 min to get in the inbox. I am going to be burning the midnite propane on this one! Laurie thank you so much!
Jen

Last edited by Jenfire; 2008-07-10 at 8:18pm.
Old 2008-07-11, 7:54am

I think this is great! I love supporting my fellow beadmakers this way. Off to buy my copy.

Old 2008-07-11, 12:04pm
all for the love of glass

Superb Laurie..I'm going to give these a go!

"Do not worry about your originality. You could not get rid of it even if you wanted to." -- Robert Henri.
Old 2008-07-11, 12:53pm

Thank you Laurie, I just adore your pansies! Can't wait to receive the tut----Oh how I love flowers! Lois

Bead Gallery
Old 2008-07-11, 7:48pm
caffiene, beads, bedhead,

wow I just found this, thank you everyone!!!
y'all rock! oh yeah and tell any of your non le friends!! lol
I dont know how to get the word out to people not on le, or etsy..
learning curve for sure..

~~
~~

Last edited by Ever After; 2008-07-12 at 7:12am.
Old 2008-07-12, 6:19am

you could put a reminder in the email when you send the pdf. Maybe even as a link to feedback if that's possible.
Old 2008-07-12, 6:23am

I would love to see the results of everyones hard work!!!
Old 2008-07-12, 7:33pm

Once you buy this tut, you'll never want to make a different bead again! Here are my first 5.

I have 17 more in the kiln now.
Old 2008-07-12, 7:43pm

gorgeous!

~~
~~
Old 2008-07-13, 9:00am

This is theee most well-written and easy to understand tutorial EVER!
HIGHLY suggest! I haven't made any yet, but haven't lit my torch in well over a month.
Probably more. This tutorial totally inspired me to get back to the torch today...
can't wait!
Jo
Old 2008-07-13, 9:05am

Is it ok to buy the tutorial and then make and also sell the pansies after you learn how?

I saw where someone else sold a tutorial on copper mesh technique but people seemed afraid to actually use it?

Thanks for any info in advance. I really want to buy this one!
Old 2008-07-13, 12:02pm
pamtees

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadDesignsByCarol View Post
Is it ok to buy the tutorial and then make and also sell the pansies after you learn how?

I saw where someone else sold a tutorial on copper mesh technique but people seemed afraid to actually use it?

Thanks for any info in advance. I really want to buy this one!

Like any other technique, I think this tutorial should be a learning tool and a jumping off point. To go strictly by the tut and make and sell beads that look "exactly" like Laurie's I feel would be a mistake. I'm sure there are going to be a lot of variations as people follow the tut and then come up with their own designs. I just bought mine and can't wait to start!
Old 2008-07-13, 1:41pm

So, you just need to use different colors, right? I don't think it would be possible for a person just learning how to make them to make them exactly like the person who gave the tutorial. I could be wrong.
I just don't like worrying about being too close to the original (not that it's possible for me, but you know what I mean).
What I do is probably ok. I watch a tutorial and then study what the flowers look like by googling them and then make a flower. That way, I don't worry so much about duplicating the person doing the tutorial. I just try to use the technique using photos of the real thing.
Old 2008-07-13, 2:56pm
pamtees

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadDesignsByCarol View Post
So, you just need to use different colors, right? I don't think it would be possible for a person just learning how to make them to make them exactly like the person who gave the tutorial. I could be wrong.
I just don't like worrying about being too close to the original (not that it's possible for me, but you know what I mean).
What I do is probably ok. I watch a tutorial and then study what the flowers look like by googling them and then make a flower. That way, I don't worry so much about duplicating the person doing the tutorial. I just try to use the technique using photos of the real thing.

Using different colors, altering the shape a bit, adding something here or there! I added more tiny black dots and leaves. We'll see how they turn out! LOL! Mine are probably bigger than Lauries's. I tend to use a lot of glass.
Old 2008-07-13, 3:15pm

Ive been asked this a couple times, so I am blogging about it, Im not Robert Frost eloquent by no means, but I hope you understand.. I will also be updating this page as we take this ride..
http://www.everafterartistry.com/flogmeforblogging.htm

~~
~~
Old 2008-07-13, 3:37pm

A while back, I purchased a rose tutorial, I practiced the way she did it and then I changed every thing about making roses and made them my own way so I could make them smaller. Then, I sold a set on ebay. They were my roses, my technique, but I still valued the lessons I learned on the video that got me on the way to making roses. I would hate it though if someone thought I copied them.