Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-04-21, 4:26pm

Default looking for beginning lampworking class near olympia WA

i want to make and sell beads, pendants, pipes and other lovely things but i have never done lamp working before and i really want to do it, but currently, since i don't even know if i would like it or be good at it yet (even though i think and hope i would) i would just like a beginner's class to get a feel for it and see if i would like it. all of the classes i have seen so far are also really expensive and i can hardly find any that are lampworking and not glassblowing, (which i want to do too! i just think that more of what i would like to be making will come from lamp working) also the closer to Oly the better. thank you!
Old 2010-04-22, 8:54am
I'm meeeeelting

Frantz Art Glass in Shelton offers beginning classes.

http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....910c47a4844b22

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-04-22, 11:16am
Curmudgeon Engineering

Lots of glass flame workers/bead makers in the Oly, WA area. Contact the local International Society of Glass Beadmakers, ISGB, chapter called Fire and Rain Glass Bead Society (all have websites) for contacts. I'm sure someone would be happy to give you basic instruction at reasonable cost. Give Jed a call at Double Helix glass in OLY and ask about local instrutors/classes as he knows all the local bead makers. Leila at Frantz's is a F&R/ISGB member, an excellant glass artist, and a great instructor.

Also check out Pratt Fine Art Center in Seattle for lots of beginning glass classes from some of the most talented instructors in the PNW. Most of whom are F&R members also...hint, hint

PJH

Last edited by cheng076; 2010-04-22 at 11:22am.