Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2010-05-22, 6:34pm

thanks Rog, I'm enjoying the mixed media but I haven't been enjoying dealing with the sewage swamp at the studio. We had over 20 grand damage from that little episode, studio has finally been cleaned and sanitized by the pro cleaners, waiting for plumbers to do their bit now. We're set up in a limited capacity elsewhere for the moment and doing some small scale production for outstanding orders. The mixed media stuff is what I've been doing at home to clear my mind.
Here's a ray gun.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Running a
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.
Old 2010-05-22, 7:47pm
The Crazy One

Some very cool stuff this month! I'm diggin the alien trapped in a marble, that ray gun is wicked and all the wonderful eyes!

Here's some of yesterdays jars and a spoon.

Old 2010-05-23, 3:15am
Serenity Now!

Fab show everyone - Love the ray gun, and those jars ~ too funny! Love 'em.......

Art, Colour, Bling & Happy happening here:
Old 2010-05-23, 8:39am
Harold Williams Cooney

Pyper and Wicked: dude, thanks for the show. Keep on it.

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2010-05-23, 8:55am
Dreams in glass....

Default My first Post in Boro Gallery....

AWESOME stuff on here!!! Love it!!

Loco- I totally love your jars
Garishglobes- your dragons are amazing!!
Wickedglass- nice work....!!

Here are some of mine:

Old 2010-05-23, 7:33pm

cut nautilus pendant with dichroic fade.
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2010-05-23, 7:44pm
Life is good

Wicked, those are some cool ray guns.
Weelainy, very cool pendant and beads as well.
Eric, that's a really nice piece. Here are a few things I made this weekend.
Sorry about the pics
Attached Images

Old 2010-05-23, 7:56pm
Pyromaniac

Strawberry?

Fortune Cookie say, "When things go wrong, don't go with them!"

Current Glass-Melting Apparatus:
GTT Lynx powered by 2 5 LPM Oxycons and
a sexy Barracuda running pure tanked Oxy
Old 2010-05-23, 8:00pm
Life is good

Yep, a strawberry.

Old 2010-05-24, 6:48am

OK i havent been on line in a bit and just looked over the gallery for this month, WOW. its amazing to see how far everyone has come since i started surfing this forum. The art work blows me away, everyone is stepping outside of their boxes or making their boxes bigger. I was blown away today. thanks all for the inspiration.
Ro

Gtt Mirage torch with tanked oxygen.
Old 2010-05-24, 7:46am
Boro Brat

The finished piece:

Old 2010-05-24, 7:52am

looks almost like a fossil! turned out really cool!

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2010-05-25, 11:27pm
the german guy

i didnt know i i am alowed to post this stuff here but since someone postet a spoon i think ill post my tobacco slides for waterpipes i did for friends, tell me what you think, what i could improve

Old 2010-05-26, 7:33am
Harold Williams Cooney

Okay, okay. If even the slides are making it in then I guess I'll post something too.

New sets from me. These are big.

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2010-05-26, 10:40pm
the german guy

that looks really cool
Old 2010-05-27, 7:16am

that's some great work there
loco-The teeth are very very cool, for some reason those jars remind me of the Bee Gees ... are they "Stayin' Alive" jars?
Weeilainy-Those beads are cool, I'd have that pendant in a flash, and I love the holographic effect on that first set.
The nautilus just rocks, Eric!
Nice implosions, Dave, you're going to have a lot of fun exploring this technique, I still find new stuff to do with it and loving it! I like the black pendant, too, anything that reminds me of the flame on my torch gets my vote Nice strawberry, too, I've found that a tool like this fixed to a handle is great for putting texture on a strawberry, too.
You tell interesting stories, Pipyr, I really love how that piece turned out. The great thing is, that there are as many stories in this piece as there are people who look at it ... you're really onto something! ... more, please ...
steak, dude, people have posted dildos and dripping penises in here ... I don't think you're out of place with this work, they're very fun pieces to look at, you bring out those fumy colours really well. The third from last one is sweet as.
Harold, I'm in awe of you. The amount of cold working you put into your beads astounds me, not only because I can't stand having to do a lot of coldwork myself (apart from sandblasting), but the effect is amazing and you choose your colours so well ... not to mention the exposed patterns. Just beautiful!

Running a
by Miema on LPG and oxy bottles and a GTT Mirage.

Last edited by wickedglass; 2010-05-27 at 7:20am.
Old 2010-05-31, 8:27am
Kobuki & DIY Homefill Sys

Pipyr, your stuff rocks.
Old 2010-06-01, 8:45am

I only have time for beads these days... hopefully I can get more creative soon.
Attached Images

Old 2010-06-06, 12:53pm
The Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by steak351 View Post
i didnt know i i am alowed to post this stuff here but since someone postet a spoon i think ill post my tobacco slides for waterpipes i did for friends, tell me what you think, what i could improve
Honey, we ALL know tobacco smokes for shit outta glass. I make pot pipes outta glass and even my neighbor, who is an FBI agent, knows that! So I say post your spoons and slides, it's all good in my book!

Ohh and nice oil dome!

Last edited by loco; 2010-06-06 at 12:57pm. Reason: mentally masturbating...
Old 2010-06-06, 12:57pm
Borovangelist

Yup. Rule of thumb is that it's a bad idea to post anything actually portraying any illegal substance. I think something to that effect is probably in the T&C's for the site, but I can't say I've actually read it.

The pretty glass sculpture that could theoretically be used to smoke tobacco out of is fine though

|
|