Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-03-22, 2:35pm

Default Specific Fitting Needed to Connect Oxygen Concentrator

Hello all,
I have all the parts I need to couple my two concentrators except the equivalent of the green plastic "Christmas tree" that connects directly to the nipple on the second concentrator. I have read many times that these parts should be readily available at hardware stores, but everything I have tried just doesn't have the right threads, including a brass "NPT hose adaptor" that I ordered from ABR.
Does anyone have the specific part number and/or description of a fitting available at Home Depot or Lowe's, or is it true that my only option is to order the green plastic part from a medical supply (which means waiting another week)? Essentially, all I need is something that will attach one end of the viny hose to the concentrator securely.
Eternally grateful for any suggestions.
Martha
Old 2013-03-22, 2:50pm
Alaska Boro

You are looking in the wrong place to find what is needed. Lowes, Home Depot or hardware stores do not carry these items.

Contact your local welding supply store. Or check with Air Gas as one suggestion.

Old 2013-03-22, 2:51pm
Gentleman of Leisure

You probably will not find then at Home Depot or Lowes ... The thread is 9/16 x 18 which CGA 022 by industry standards.... Best place to find a appropriate fitting would be at a welding supply store or internet site... Doubt they would have a "Christmas Tree" as it is a "respiratory care" item, but welding supply may have brass barbed fitting the would work....

Also if where you live there is a health care store that caters to medical items, they may have item in their inventory for respiratory health care...

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2013-03-22, 2:54pm

You want this and you NEED to get the separate EQ 115 at the same time.
http://www.mountainglass.com/Barbed-...-or-EQ116.html
Mountain ships fast but unfortunately I think they don't ship weekends.

You might try a decent welding supply if there is one near you or a longer shot would be a medical supply. They might have replacement christmas trees.

Old 2013-03-22, 3:09pm
I'm a lilac!

I went to a local medical equipment place and they gave me a couple for free.

Old 2013-03-22, 3:37pm

Hi everyone
Thanks so much for your prompt and plentiful replies!
The medical supply store angle was today's goosechase; the ones in my area don't do oxygen therapy products. Ok, so it's the welding shop on Monday then. Thank you Dale for the specifics, that will be helpful I am sure, since the guys in the shop don't often know how to respond to my strange inquiries, like when I wanted a 0-15 psi pressure gauge. Oh and thanks Rebecca for the Mountain Glass link! If I can't get it locally at least now I know where to order.
You guys are great.
Martha
Old 2013-03-22, 3:38pm
Nikki Haverstock

I got mine on amazon.

Old 2013-03-22, 5:18pm
Alaska Boro

If the gauge is being used for oxygen make sure that it is oxygen safe. Many gauges will display on the front or back - not for oxygen use -
Old 2013-03-22, 5:26pm
I fart diamonds

Ace Hardware carries the parts. (The brass parts. Sometimes they have plastic ones, which are way cheaper. It's store dependent, though.)

Last edited by shawnette; 2013-03-22 at 5:29pm.
Old 2013-03-23, 7:04am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidsand View Post
Hi everyone
Thanks so much for your prompt and plentiful replies!
The medical supply store angle was today's goosechase; the ones in my area don't do oxygen therapy products. Ok, so it's the welding shop on Monday then. Thank you Dale for the specifics, that will be helpful I am sure, since the guys in the shop don't often know how to respond to my strange inquiries, like when I wanted a 0-15 psi pressure gauge. Oh and thanks Rebecca for the Mountain Glass link! If I can't get it locally at least now I know where to order.
You guys are great.
Martha
PM me and I will send you a couple. jack

866-955-0200
3 year warranty & Life Time Support
PayPal address
Old 2013-03-24, 5:43pm

Back again a couple days later...

Just wanted to say thanks Jack for the offer! I already went and ordered the brass fittings from Mountain Glass (I had a shopping cart started already anyway).

Shawnette - Ace hardware was the place I spent hours looking, had two different guys try to help me, and actually bought things that seemed like they would fit, but they didn't. I was surprised it was so hard when so many threads around here indicate the relative ease of locating these parts.

Also, Alaska I showed my welding-shop-guy the picture that you posted of your gauge (on my other thread about my concentrator issues). He was surprised by the need for such small increments. He got on the phone with his supplier and ordered me a 0-30psi one. I'm quite positive he understood that it was for oxygen. I'm picking it up tomorrow.

Thanks again folks!
Martha
Old 2013-03-24, 6:30pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Back again a couple days later...

Just wanted to say thanks Jack for the offer! I already went and ordered the brass fittings from Mountain Glass (I had a shopping cart started already anyway).

Shawnette - Ace hardware was the place I spent hours looking, had two different guys try to help me, and actually bought things that seemed like they would fit, but they didn't. I was surprised it was so hard when so many threads around here indicate the relative ease of locating these parts.

Also, Alaska I showed my welding-shop-guy the picture that you posted of your gauge (on my other thread about my concentrator issues). He was surprised by the need for such small increments. He got on the phone with his supplier and ordered me a 0-30psi one. I'm quite positive he understood that it was for oxygen. I'm picking it up tomorrow.

Thanks again folks!
Martha
The parts come in a kit used for repairing hoses. It's with the welding supplies, not with the brass fittings. Aces are independently owned, so they don't all carry the same inventory. I have several in my area, so if one doesn't have what I need, I just go to another. I'm really surprised your welding shop doesn't have them.

Old 2013-03-24, 9:37pm
Alaska Boro

Quote:
Also, Alaska I showed my welding-shop-guy the picture that you posted of your gauge (on my other thread about my concentrator issues).
Air Gas has some gauges that are in the 0 - 30 PSI range that are oxygen safe. Noticed these in their store.

On this end bought one from Dale Foster sales that is 0 - 15 PSI and oxygen cleaned.