Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2008-06-15, 5:14pm
Against the Grain

Question Tubing suggestions

Could someone enlighten me about of tubing sizes to play with and what sizes are best for what (pendants, inside-out beads, goblets). For starters I want to play with pendants, and inside out beads. I'm clueless about tubing, but I do know what it looks like and know how to handle a pipette better than anyone.

Is there a tubing variety pack out there?
Thanks,

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
under construction

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

HELLCAT! with 2 oxycons and household NG (yes I will be increasing the oxy)

D-41
Old 2008-06-15, 7:50pm
product of the universe

I use 26 medium wall for a majority of pendants.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-06-16, 6:03am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

I just hosted a bulk buy on tubing and I would be more than happy to put together a sample pack for you once the order arrives this week. I did that with the last bulk buy as well. Once I get home, I can see what was in that sample pack and I'll list it here if you want. there are 3 sizes, all thick wall: 9.53 x 2mm, 19 x 3.2mm and 22.2 x 3.2mm I will also give you a piece of thin wall to play with for free.
Old 2008-06-16, 8:06am
Against the Grain

Thanks Chris, that helps.

Thanks Barb that would be fantastic. Would you mind sending me a PM when the shipment arrives? I am in the US (I live in Canada) for a couple of weeks coming up very soon and depending on the package size, I might just bring it back with me to save on shipping across the border.

under construction

D-41
Old 2008-06-16, 3:18pm
ManBearPig

The sizes I use most often are 9.5 heavy, 12 heavy, 22 heavy, and 26 heavy and extra heavy. I also use a lot of 32 and 44, but not for pendants. Mostly for marbles and other things.

Old 2008-06-17, 11:29am
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
The sizes I use most often are 9.5 heavy, 12 heavy, 22 heavy, and 26 heavy and extra heavy. I also use a lot of 32 and 44, but not for pendants. Mostly for marbles and other things.
Thank you!! I forgot about marbles and I am taking a marble class in August. What would you suggest as a good resource(s) for how to use tubing for pendants and marbles, etc?

under construction

D-41
Old 2008-06-23, 12:42pm
ManBearPig

Glass Line or The Flow magazine. Both have good tube marble tutorials this month.

Old 2008-06-23, 12:45pm
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo View Post
Glass Line or The Flow magazine. Both have good tube marble tutorials this month.
Thanks again, you are a weath of info! I do have Glassline, but not The Flow. Actually it was because of the Glassline tutorials that I posted this thread.
Off to check out The Flow

under construction

D-41
Old 2008-06-23, 1:41pm
product of the universe

The new issue of the flow is dedicated to just marbles.

And the men who hold high places,Must be the ones to start,To mold a new reality,Closer to the heart--Rush

Currently using fire.
Old 2008-06-23, 2:33pm
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by chayes View Post
The new issue of the flow is dedicated to just marbles.
Thanks Chris! I just ordered the new issue online (and a subscription). From what I saw online, the summer issue looks pretty good.

under construction

D-41