Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-07-06, 6:32pm
odd lot addict

Default What is Fuming?

Ok, I allready feel stupid for asking, but what the heck is silver fuming? And of course, how do you do it? Any photos?

Jen
Old 2005-07-06, 7:35pm
Life in the slow lane

Fuming is when you heat a metal to the point of getting a metal vapor. You apply said metal vapor to a hot bead and get some really cool reactions. I don't have any photos or I would gladly show you.

Note: This is not without risks. Either have excellent ventillation or wear a mask rated for metal fumes. I wear the mask even though I have ventillation. Gold fuming will make you very sick if you aren't careful.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2005-07-07, 4:01pm
odd lot addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlia
Fuming is when you heat a metal to the point of getting a metal vapor. You apply said metal vapor to a hot bead and get some really cool reactions. I don't have any photos or I would gladly show you.

Note: This is not without risks. Either have excellent ventillation or wear a mask rated for metal fumes. I wear the mask even though I have ventillation. Gold fuming will make you very sick if you aren't careful.
Thanks!
Old 2005-07-07, 6:42pm
Professional Bead Pimp

Fuming is when you are mad as hell and steam starts coming out of your ears

"Another Analog Brain in the New Digital World" - me
"The fact that nobody understands you doesn't make you an artist" - PopCap Zuma game, Level 12-7