No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-06-29, 1:55pm
the 2 Michelle's

Default I'll just admit it!!!

Here goes...I can't get rubino to do anything since I changed to my bobcat.
Well I can get it to turn into nasty grey crap all over the place....so I guess I CAN get it to do something.

On the HH I could get a beautiful pink and even blues and greens over silver. And now I can pull it into stringer and get a nice pink....but if I work it any more than that, back to grey crude. I've tried farther from the flame, less propane, more propane, closer to the flame, praying, holding my mouth in various positions, and of course my stand-by....cussing it like it stole something.

Please, someone, anyone, help me....or make everyone hate pink like I'm beginning to do.

I'm working on a bobcat with a concentrator and propane.....

Thanks,
Michele

You say bitch like it's a bad thing.....

bead on!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2005-06-29, 2:20pm
Satake Woman!

I've found that you need to work really really really high in the flame with rubino. Especially when you move to a hotter torch. Good luck!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2005-06-29, 3:07pm
sunscreen me baby

I went to a Minor from a HH and had a hard time too. Here is what I do now.
Turn your flame way down. I mean so that you barely see it. Turn your oxygen up so you can hear it hiss. Work high in the flame and don't worry about the color. If you see the familiar black spot it got too hot. If not you are good. Cool it and slowly roll it in the top of the flame (I took off my glasses to see the top the first few times) to strike it.

~

Old 2005-06-29, 5:31pm
the 2 Michelle's

Thanks guys, I'll turn down the flame and go way out and see what happens.....

Michele

bead on!!

Old 2005-06-29, 9:54pm
Dildo Kween!

Hola!
I posted this on the WC board a week or so ago. It may help you with flame adjustment

Heidi

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=277626

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2005-06-30, 4:03am
the 2 Michelle's

wow, I'll have to try that when I get off work. When I bought my concentrator I was told to set it at 3 1/2 and my propane at 5-6. I thought I had my candles the right size, but I just used the torch controls and usually have to tweek them freq. to keep them right......

Damn, I have to do the good wifey thing for my husband tonight(has a work dinner...not the fun wifey thing) but I'll get off early to "get ready" and try then.

Thanks.....I did turn it down some at the torch and work way out and got some pink for the first time last night.

Michele

bead on!!