Here is the transuction link:
http://www.etsy.com/transaction/32861677

I wrote her yesterday.No comment yet.
Thanks,
Naomi
Old 2010-09-04, 10:14am
I'm a lilac!

Those are really lovely!

The location/position of the hole seems perfectly clear to me... there is no bail, the hole runs through the center of the flower. However, it wouldn't hurt to add "through flower center" to the line where you say "hole runs vertically".

Best of luck!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-09-04, 10:30am
I'm a lilac!

Oh, and I'd certainly offer to replace the bead she broke, but I would also tell her something like "I'm sorry, it sounds as if you are looking for a completely different style of flower... I make mine with holes vertically though the center of the flower, not with bails. This style is very popular for certain types of beadwork. If you cannot work with this style I am happy to take them back for a full refund!" and then let her make her own decision how to proceed from there.

Old 2010-09-04, 10:52am

Those are beautiful Naomi. Yes, the hole is clearly coming out of the center. As I said before, I was picturing the flower with a glass bail attached to the back. This is something she should have seen before purchasing and should have know what application was suitable for a flower bead with a hole going through the middle. They would have to be strung accordingly.

I agree with you Kalera in your response.

Old 2010-09-04, 11:00am
one day at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalera View Post
Some customers you want back; some customers you don't. The tricky part is determining whether this one CAN be satisfied, or whether trying to please her will lead to an escalating series of more and more difficult/unreasonable demands.

The fact that she did not ask first whether the beads had vertical bails indicates that she may not be inclined to be reasonable, but only time and further interaction will show for sure.
Absolutely and it's one of those where you would be taking a chance on more trouble. I prefer to not take chances. Life is difficult enough. I wonder how much does this customer really know about glass beads?? You just cannot "fix" broken glass....period.

If this is not much of a financial loss, I would refund her money and cancel each of the sales on Etsy. On the left hand column in Your Etsy, you can click on Cancel a Sale and go from there. Once all that is done, and Etsy will put it through in a day or so. Then this customer won't be able to leave you bad feedback for something that is not your fault. You sold these as beads, not pendants, and I think she handled them rough and broke them. Again, not your fault.

About her mailing the beads back - I wouldn't even wait for her to send them back. Just refund now and then cancel the sales in Etsy. In a day or so you will receive an email back from Etsy stating that your fees were refunded for the listings, and then all traces of the listing are gone. I would not give this person a chance to leave you bad feedback when it's clear that you would not deserve it.
Old 2010-09-04, 1:14pm
Macaw Mamma

OMG......I agree with eeryone else posting here.... well put Lisi... I think she used them for a purpose they were not intended for....I'd refund her money and not sell to her again......

Torchin' with a Cheetah and a Bobcat on tanked O2
Fusin' in a Jen-Ken
Old 2010-09-05, 8:00am
Help i am on fire

i would return her money, she will be difficult to make happy. stress is not why i lampwork. i lampwork for fun , joy, & peace of mind. for pete sakes, it's only a bead, this lady needs to unwind.
Old 2010-09-06, 3:45am

Thank you friends for all the great suggestions.I didn't hear from the buyer, but I did close the trasuction.Thank you Lisi.

Thanks again,
Shana Tova,
Naomi