Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-08-21, 7:51am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Deb, I think it was the Yaquina Head Lighthouse I read about, but it appears the other one, Yaquina Bay Lighthouse is haunted too. Definitely hoping for good weather.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-08-21, 8:01am
Wooohooo,GS!

Lisa, they are both beautiful and the settings are gorgeous! I hadn't heard they were haunted, how cool!

Teacher Tracy, you are just awesome! My voice went out at Pajama Jam last year, this darling woman sent me a megaphone!!! I sure wish you were coming, what a wonderful person and I was so glad to meet you (still loving that adorable bear!!)

Super big hugs and my voice thanks you in advance Tracy! xo deb

Old 2009-08-21, 9:40am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyuno View Post
Just curious - are there any places to eat within walking distance of GS?
Here's what I did for lunch:

I bought a box of granola bars, and kept some fruit in the fridge in
my room. I pack a lunch in if I can. This is only a few days, and
I want to spend all my time on site practicing stuff and doing
what I can. If bringing a lunch means I can spend a few extra minutes
at the torch or shopping with the vendors, then it's definitely worth it
to me!

...and anyone staying at the La Quinta inn nearby - they provide a free
breakfast. I just liberate an extra bagel for my lunch .

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-08-21, 10:28am

I have another question - do we need to bring glass for the open torch times? Or can we buy it there??
Thanks.

Old 2009-08-21, 1:30pm
Type ZZZ personality

What time do your flights come in on Wednesday?

Can you guys do noon on Wed before GS? I can talk to Jodi to see if Wed works for them.

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2009-08-21, 5:58pm
Wooohooo,GS!

GREAT tips Karen!

Melody, you only need to bring glass for the demo you do (unless you can use any color, we have LOTS to chose from!). Open torch there will be bins of glass, lots of great choices too! Use whatever you want, no need to buy glass unless you want to take some home

Just talked with Dave from Winship and Abe from Northstar today, they will have some awesome steals on glass, kilns, tools, you name it!

deb

Old 2009-08-21, 6:00pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Oh, and sorry, I was wrong, the megaphone was sent by Tracy Albee, thanks Tracy! Hugs deb

Old 2009-08-22, 7:40am
Wooohooo,GS!

Also want to let you know update letter will be coming out next Wed with last minute info, make sure you read/print it for reference.
If you will not be available next Wed to read it please make arrangements to have someone send you the last update!
deb

Old 2009-08-22, 11:31pm
Me Ke Aloha Pumehana

You're most welcome, Deb! I wish I could've given the megaphone to you in person, that would have been so wonderful! It's pleasant to know that my little bear is still so loved!

I know all of you will have an awesome time; good weather or no. I'm gonna miss being there!

Hugs,
Tracy

CA gift numbers:
Old 2009-08-23, 7:52am
Wooohooo,GS!

Dear Tracy, thanks so much sweetie! Sorry for the mix up and yes, the adorable bear sits near my PC and I see her everyday!

BIG hugs, deb

Old 2009-08-23, 8:09pm
Bitten by the travel bug

I just tried to print out my waiver and it is chopping the sides off, as it isnt compatible with office 2003. I vaguely remember someone posting a new version of it months ago when it first came out. Can anyone point me at the link?

Keeps your fingers crossed and positive thought someing my way too ladies - Ive been having palpitations all weekend, and tomorrow they are hooking me up to a heart monitor for 24 hours, so hopefully its all just stress from getting everything organised or plain ol' excitement.

Old 2009-08-23, 8:20pm
Critter Mom

Suz I'm keeping positive thoughts for ya. I had to have a little heart monitor hooked to me for a few days when I first started having my heart arrhythmias. It'd be good to have the stress test too if they suggest it, get it done. If there's nothing wrong it at least gives you peace of mind. I hope it is just the excitement of GS. You take it easy, and when you start thinking about GS take a few deep relaxing breaths.

Old 2009-08-23, 11:03pm
Bitten by the travel bug

Thanks Bonnie!

Old 2009-08-24, 6:54am
Wooohooo,GS!

Suz, oh no! I hope everything is ok! (and I hope it isn't "demo" stress!)
BIG hugs, deb

PS Did you get a waiver or should I try and resend?

Old 2009-08-24, 8:19am

I have the waiver saved as a 2003 Word doc. and sent it to her. If anyone else needs one in a Word vs Works doc, let me know.

Old 2009-08-24, 8:41am

Deb ~ I can bring my notary stamp is anyone is having a hard time getting their waiver notorized.

Suz, hope you are feeling better.

Old 2009-08-24, 10:26pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Thank you Melody!
Leslie, that would be great JIC! You two are awesome

Suz, let us know how you are doing, ok?
Hugs deb

Old 2009-08-25, 12:58am

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
What time do your flights come in on Wednesday?

Can you guys do noon on Wed before GS? I can talk to Jodi to see if Wed works for them.
We will have to do about between 1:30 and 2. I can call her too. no worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bead_lover View Post
I have the waiver saved as a 2003 Word doc. and sent it to her. If anyone else needs one in a Word vs Works doc, let me know.
Can you send me the waiver in word dog? My email is crazy4stuff@msn.com
thanks
Lori

Old 2009-08-25, 5:41am
Bitten by the travel bug

HI guys. had the monitor on all day today, and I go in to get it off tomorrow morning. They are going to try and rush the results through to my dr for my appointment on friday afternoon, so Ill know more then. They did some blood tests too.

Old 2009-08-25, 5:42am
Bitten by the travel bug

oh, and thanks, I got both the waivers.

Old 2009-08-25, 7:12am
Wooohooo,GS!

You are welcome Suz, glad it worked
Yes, keep us informed....sending prayers everything is ok!
Hugs deb

Old 2009-08-26, 1:56am
Bitten by the travel bug

Got the monitor off today, and have had much less palpitations the last couple of days. They will analyse the results tomorrow, and I have a dr's appt on friday to get the results. Im confident its stress related, my heart went off like a hammer when I was talking to mum on the phone about her moving stresses.....

Old 2009-08-26, 8:12am
Wooohooo,GS!

Bubble baths, smooth jazz, hot yummy chamomile tea, a foot/back rub, meditation, a nice walk with the dog, sunshine......surround yourself with positive energy and light!
Sending you all these wishes....they have really helped me with stress lately!
Let us know........BIG hugs, deb

Old 2009-08-26, 3:40pm
He can do the origami

And here I thought you were going to come down here and make some chamomile tea for me, draw me a bubble bath and massage my feet! Sending wishes and all is great.... but get to the foot massaging Deb!! Oh and walk the dog while you are at it!!! bwahahahaaha!!!!

Otter
Old 2009-08-26, 7:08pm

Oh, Otter... I thought that was for me since we will be traveling from Colorado ... Needum foot massage for sure and maybe shoulder massage and back massage... okay... let. go for full body massage.

Old 2009-08-27, 2:40am
Bitten by the travel bug

Leslie, surely you arent complaining about travelling from colarado? (says the girl coming in from Melbourne!!!)

Old 2009-08-27, 4:35am

Suz ~ You DEFINITELY need all of the above. Hope that you are feeling better. We'll make sure to get you the back massage!

Old 2009-08-27, 8:05am
Wooohooo,GS!

Otter, lol, you sweetie! Ok, I will rub your feet, Bella can make the tea (she stirs with her tail, you don't mind do ya?) and I will have the bubbles going in the pond in typical Otter fashion! Do I need fresh urchins and a good rock for you too?
hugs deb

Old 2009-08-27, 10:36am
I'm meeeeelting

What kind of fur baby is Bella and do we get to meet her?

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2009-08-27, 10:59am
Critter Mom

Could someone give me the link to the list of things we need to bring/do/remember for GS ? In all the re-construction mess I think I lost mine.