Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2005-11-16, 9:24am

Default Recommendation for blue boro

I'm looking for a nice non-reactive opaque blue boro color similar to the medium lapis in Moretti. Any suggestions? I have a bunch of the reactive ones like blue luster but want a nice blue for a base bead, stringer work etc.

Thanks,
Pam
Old 2005-11-16, 9:29am
ManBearPig

Any of the Cobalt colors will work. I usually use GA colors...

http://glassalchemyarts.com/Boromax/500.html

They are transparent, but if you use them over something like Star White, they should give you what you are looking for.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Cosmo; 2005-11-16 at 9:34am.
Old 2005-11-16, 9:43am
Glassy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo
Any of the Cobalt colors will work. I usually use GA colors...

http://glassalchemyarts.com/Boromax/500.html

They are transparent, but if you use them over something like Star White, they should give you what you are looking for.

I second what Chad said.

BHB/PANDORA EXCHANGE IN THE PATIO
Old 2005-11-16, 10:39am

Colormax used to make a blue similar to the one that you are describing. I think they went out of business, and I don't know if it is availible anymore

Old 2005-11-16, 11:09am

GA's Persian Blue is also a nice opalescent darker blue.
Old 2005-11-17, 5:08am

For the best opaque blue.....
Northstar Egyptian Lapis!!! It's a special color that not everyone has. If your supplier doesn't have it, call Generations.
Ron Jr.
Old 2005-11-17, 6:36am
ManBearPig

Hmm... I've never even heard of that. I've heard of Egyptian White Sands, but not Lapis. I may be giving you a call....

Old 2005-11-17, 6:38am

It's an opaque Lapis Blue that melts like a transparent. Super Nice!
Old 2005-11-17, 8:37am

Thanks for the advice. I've ordered some Persian blue and will search out the Egyptia lapis. Will also give blue/white a try as I have both.

Regards,
Pam