Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2014-01-24, 10:37am
Now part of the Dark Side

Very nice Bernhard. I'm going to have to go back to implosion/compression school. I haven't had a compression work since I switched to boro. Right now I'm back on a Galaxy Marble kick.
Old 2014-01-24, 12:28pm

Very nice Bernhard! That is an excellent color combo. Looks like a miniature jellyfish diorama.
Old 2014-01-28, 4:41pm
specializing in obnoxious

Bernhard: You could post dozens of jelly fish every day and I would never grow tired of them. It is such a pleasure to peek in here and see even more.

__Go Big, or Go Home!__

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-01-28, 7:33pm
Bernhard Riegler

since you asked for it . . . this one is a fail - wonky cap and I got a line where 2 clears meet - bummer
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bernhard Riegler - Bay of Islands - New Zealand

Old 2014-01-28, 7:34pm
Bernhard Riegler

and another one from yesterday
Attached Images

Old 2014-01-28, 8:52pm
Flamewoman

Oh my Bernard, those tentacles in those last few, those are just unheard of.
What are they? besides way too cool, that is.
Keep them coming, I might post pictures if I could only
figure out how to make them small enough for here.
I got a new computer, and it doesn't have the same program,
I have not figured out how to resize yet. I have been making teeny tiny little jelly fish.
They are very cute, and perfect for those people who only like tiny stuff.

You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never
know how soon it will be too late.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-01-30, 1:59am
Bernhard Riegler

Thanks Mary - and I want to see those tiny jellies - please post - any size!
The tentacles are blue moon, backed with superunobtanium.
With this one I am exploring "extended" jellies. Tomorrow I take more shots in the sun - should be a nice one . .
Attached Images

Old 2014-01-30, 7:50am
Flamewoman

Default Swarm of jellyfish

My new computer programs are really taking some time to figure out,
so exasperating. I just figure out how to do something and then I can't
remember how I got there, or how I did it. Think I'm too old for this, I
need a 12 year old to help me. Here are some rather crappy pictures:

And to show the difference between the regular size and the tiny ones:

Bernhard your extended Jellyfish is in a class all by itself. Amazing.
Bet that one was a time suck. Just beautiful my friend. You are now
the jellyfish king, or KOTJF in computerspeak.

PLEASE like my page!

Last edited by Mary K; 2014-01-30 at 9:01am.
Old 2014-01-30, 12:39pm
Bernhard Riegler

same one in the sun . . .

thank you for the kind comment, but Mary, you make me blush I absolutely love your little jellies. You always have those long fine tentacles and I love the twisty rim of the cap - stunning. But make your pics a little bigger, please - we want to enjoy this
Attached Images

Last edited by Onekura; 2014-01-30 at 12:42pm.
Old 2014-01-30, 2:54pm
Flamewoman

I know Bernhard, the pictures are too small! I do not know how to make them larger without exceeding the 80 limit. Help! I have windows 7 now and no clue how to do it. I have been trying, spent hours and I give up. I used to have a program that let me do it, now I don't. I'm sorry I ever got talked into a new computer.
By the way, love your exquisite jellyfish, looks like a fumed thing at the bottom, I hate you. ( just kidding, you know I love you)

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-01-30, 7:35pm
Bernhard Riegler

The fuming thing at the bottom is a very small dot implosion - my stringers were less than 1mm - tiny. And I was hoping to make it look like some underwater plant/anemone - it is gold fume overlaid with a little silver fume. I am contemplating adding sea-grass, starfish and octopus to the jellies. And of course, it takes a lot of time and I will probably never be able to sell them, but I do them for my own fun. It always gives me a buzz trying out new things. And I never did a jelly before you Mary started that thread - you hooked me. I thought I was hanging out with the jellies, but it seems the others have abandoned us. Please, everyone . . .post your jellies - even when they didn't turn out the way you wanted. I for one love to see other peoples work - always gives me inspiration. And, to everybody: feel free to copy anything I do - if I can be inspiration to you . . . makes me happy too. No copy rights on my stuff - just go for it and post pics

Old 2014-01-31, 8:01am
Flamewoman

I think your dot implosion at the bottom looks like a mysterious sea cave, and I don't know why you wouldn't be able to sell those, unless you mean " sell them for what they are really worth" that is the story of my life. I live in a not so prosperous part of our country and must sell things for about 1/3 of what galleries sell my work for. I sell work to shops on the coast where they get foreign tourists and people with $$$$$ and they get a lot more for things than I can around here. That is why I try to limit the time I put into things so I don't feel ripped off, unless it is just for me, or I just feel like doing it.
I would really like to see someone copy that jellyfish Bernhard, good luck, that is amazing, and makes me so happy that I get all the credit, ha ha ha. Do you have any of that Glow
Glass? That makes a really nice cap for a jellyfish that has white tentacles.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-01-31, 8:21am
Flamewoman

IF you want inspiration, look :http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=...fish&FORM=IGRE

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-01-31, 5:26pm

Here is my jelly marble. I wanted the cap to be a bit more opaque. I think some of the cap got smeared down when I was encasing it. Fun to try.

Old 2014-01-31, 8:01pm
Flamewoman

Default trying to resize

Thanks Will for your tips, but this is still the result. I tried it at around 600, but it was still double the size to upload, so I made it 300 and this is still small.
I still hate my new computer, and I will until/if I figure it out how to do this.
Thanks for trying to help me.
Here is your latest suggestion:

I realized that I have this shutterfly account and so I uploaded
things to there, then downloaded back to my pc so I could browse for it.
Is there any way to go straight to shutterfly? Oh well what ever, I think
this size picture is better? Thanks Will, you are nice to help me.

PLEASE like my page!

Last edited by Mary K; 2014-01-31 at 10:11pm.
Old 2014-01-31, 10:45pm
Bernhard Riegler

just wonderful

Old 2014-02-01, 12:03am
Bernhard Riegler

yesterday's jelly
Attached Images

Old 2014-02-01, 12:05am
Bernhard Riegler

I have made quite a few of them now . . .
Attached Images

Old 2014-02-01, 7:43am
Flamewoman

They really look impressive in a group like that Bernhard, lots of time represented there, and even more skill and creativity, you should be very proud of that swarm. I love how you put your bails on the pendants, they look fabulous.
So what do you do? do you sell at art shows & etc? You can't keep that many Jellyfish!

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-02-01, 1:29pm
Everlasting Fire Studio

These are all gorgeous!

Everlasting Fire Studio
5036 N. Lincoln Ave
Chicago, IL 60625
Old 2014-02-01, 3:29pm
Bernhard Riegler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary K View Post
They really look impressive in a group like that Bernhard, lots of time represented there, and even more skill and creativity, you should be very proud of that swarm. I love how you put your bails on the pendants, they look fabulous.
So what do you do? do you sell at art shows & etc? You can't keep that many Jellyfish!
thank you Mary. I do my glass more or less only for myself. Where I live, people have no money for that kind of thing - sad really. So I make stuff and put it in a box. Every now and then we get an old box out and look at it again, but thats about it . . . I have heaps . . . 10 years of it Guess I am a very bad sales-man

Old 2014-02-01, 6:39pm
Flamewoman

I know what you mean, my area is really poor people mostly and a small segment of rich retirees from the bay area. I sell my pendants at the local farmer's market during the summer, for incredibly cheap prices. I do have 4 galleries who regularly buy my work, once again for incredibly cheap prices, and I do a few local craft/art shows and do very well there, as people from outside my area come to buy. Are there any tourist area's around where you live, I know pretty little about your part of the world, but it looks beautiful and green, you would think there would be a tourist trade there. Your pendants would sell well here on the coast of California, you should hustle a little Bernhard, your work deserves to be out there in the world, giving people joy.

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-02-01, 7:04pm

Good golly Bernhard! It's a veritable Jelly invasion. Your jellies are beautiful and the backing you are doing on these latest ones really make them stand out as something even more special.
Old 2014-02-02, 12:36pm
Bernhard Riegler

yesterdays jelly. Not a great one, but I tried to do a video of the whole process, which turned out crap - can't see whats happening in the flame - I think I need some kind of filter to do this . . .
Attached Images

Old 2014-02-02, 11:42pm
Bernhard Riegler

todays . .
Attached Images

Old 2014-02-03, 4:03am

That is a impressive collection of jellyfish Bernhard. Nice work mate.

It would be cool to see a video of you making one. Do you have a old pair of diddy glasses you could put over the lens of your camera?
Old 2014-02-06, 4:37pm
Bernhard Riegler

todays jelly - it is raining and I had to take shots under light - bad pics, but maybe I get better pics tomorrow
Attached Images

Old 2014-02-06, 5:21pm

Can still see the Jackpot sparkle with the indoor light.

Video would be super Bernhard. I am still a beginner and making my way through the tuts here and on You Tube. Of the free tuts I have seen, this one is my favorite. The camera location and lighting for a one man show is great. I think it would be better with good filters for video and audio, but what it lacks in actually seeing the glass inside the flame, he more than makes up for in actually describing what is going on. This includes what adjustments he is making to his torch and why and actually taking the glass out of the flame and putting it right up to the camera so the viewer sees exactly what has happened. Just a person, a torch and some glass. No music or other audio distractions speed ups or out of camera activities. I appreciate your generous nature and sharing. If you put up your jelly video for free, please have a Pay Pal account for donations because folks who end up making jellies like this deserve the opportunity to reciprocate your generosity.
Old 2014-02-06, 6:42pm
Flamewoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial B View Post
Can still see the Jackpot sparkle with the indoor light.

Video would be super Bernhard. I am still a beginner and making my way through the tuts here and on You Tube. Of the free tuts I have seen, this one is my favorite. The camera location and lighting for a one man show is great. I think it would be better with good filters for video and audio, but what it lacks in actually seeing the glass inside the flame, he more than makes up for in actually describing what is going on. This includes what adjustments he is making to his torch and why and actually taking the glass out of the flame and putting it right up to the camera so the viewer sees exactly what has happened. Just a person, a torch and some glass. No music or other audio distractions speed ups or out of camera activities. I appreciate your generous nature and sharing. If you put up your jelly video for free, please have a Pay Pal account for donations because folks who end up making jellies like this deserve the opportunity to reciprocate your generosity.
??????????????????? is there a link to a video? did I miss something?

PLEASE like my page!
Old 2014-02-06, 9:41pm
Bernhard Riegler

OK, everybody - I did a video (not great at all) but you will get how I do it. But the video is in mp4 format and 2.8 gig big. How can I possible post this - way too big a file size. How can I get this smaller and how do I post it for you?????? Please help me!!!!!