Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2005-08-23, 8:21pm
The Venerable Bead

Default Got any good Boro recipes?

I have been working with boro for the last few weeks and I'm in love with the stuff. I have been working with Doug's recipes as well as Lori and Rochio's book. Got my second oxy con and I'm burning through mandrels with reckless abandon! Doubled my productivity. Does anyone have any favorite boro recipes they would like to share.
I made one up tonight but I can't tell you yet if it's pretty or awful. i'll post a picture tomorrow. Clear base covered in amazon bronze rolled in small clear frit and melted in. Then rolled in butterscotch frit and randomly dotted with chocolate, then two coats of clear frit again and melted smooth annealed at 1050 for 1/2 hour. It may be a vomit bead but it's all mine!
What have you tried? was it good?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Paula AKA The Venerable Bead
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

flaming away on a betta, natural gas, and 2 M-20's

Old 2005-08-24, 6:26am
The Venerable Bead

Ok so the experiment more or less the vomit bead i was expecting. Actually it's much darker than I thought it would be. Glad I only did one. here it is.
The second set is a better experiment. Chocolate crayon rolled in butterscotch frit and encased. Come on tell me about your boro gone bad and your best invented boro too.
Attached Images

"I believe in pink, I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles."
— Audrey Hepburn

Old 2005-08-27, 4:10am
The Venerable Bead

bumping this up in hopes someone will respond

— Audrey Hepburn