Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2006-11-18, 3:47am
Formerly Fireflyartglass

Default implosion help purdy please!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??????

Hey I was just wondering why when i do implosions mine go straight up like in my avatar? Is it because I use tubing to do them? I want to make an implosion where all the spikes sort of come out from the centre (pretty much like everyone elses) if you know what I mean.
Also how does everyone have nice big spikes? Are they do bigger dots and less of them?
Thanks for your help!
Every now and then I feel the pull to the 'dark' side and eventually get frustrated and become soft again.....I have a feeling though I will eventually creep over for good though!
From
Leanne!
Old 2006-11-18, 7:04am
ManBearPig

First, to make the dots come to a point in the center, heat it a little more and press it a little harder. You can also heat the back (where you added the dots) while rotating and when the clear gets soft the dots will move to the center.

To get larger spikes, use larger dots.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2006-11-18, 8:45am

to get the spikes or any design to come to a point you need to keep reheating and pressing until from the back (side your pressing) you cant see any color on the outside of the clear. make sure you heat your feed rod that creates the lens, if there is not enough clear hot enough there is no where for the color to implode into, always also heat not just the glass you want to move but where you want it to move to. once design is all in it should look like a bloom, you can either add clear or color around the bottom portion to round it out and have glass to flatten or have more clear come from the top to flatten if your not making a marble. if as your finishing tip you start to get a spot that is closing heat it and pull out with scrap rod or youll trap an air bubble.
ro