Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2007-04-19, 6:33pm

Kind of wonky since I was running out of propane and didn't realize it until I was doing the final shaping.
Attached Images

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-04-19, 7:10pm
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Hey Eric, that wonky can come stay with me for a while.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#K58
Old 2007-04-19, 8:15pm

Ok, its yours! Just don't tell anybody I made it. (I will send it off to you when I get my wheels back from the shop.)

The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing. ---- Albert Einstein

Old 2007-04-20, 3:36am
yukue fumei

WOW!! Eric-that pendant ROCKS!!!
really nice!!!!

nagi

Old 2007-04-20, 6:43am
I'm too sexy for my shirt

Yahoo!!!!!! Thank you so much Eric. I think it is a beauty.

#K58
Old 2007-04-20, 8:48am
Cats & Glass!

I love that pendant! I'd also love to see you do another one where you do it the way you intended. Something tells me THAT would be spectacular!

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2007-04-20, 8:50am
Cats & Glass!

Default Momka's Discount Code

I interrupt my own thread to let you all know that my website finally has sample packs up, all of Momka's colors (including the multi rods) AND if you put in the coupon code - LE20 - at checkout, it will give you 20% off of all Momka's and any license plate frames you order.

There you go - back to beautiful artwork!

Janelle

P.S. I'll be in Germany (Lauscha) next week so if you order after Monday, I probably won't get to the shipping for a week.

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2007-04-20, 2:12pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post

And here is a copy(well kinda--I tried) of a bead I saw in the Japanese issue of The Flow.....a landscape bead(please excuse kiln/bead release dust
Oh! You are so funny - great minds think alike! I have that same bead picture
bookmarked in my issue of the Flow. I was going to torch tonight and copy it
too! I wanted to do it all with the sunflowers though. I have a friend who's
a sunflower ho, and this would make a great b-day present for her.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2007-06-20, 9:11am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
...so, whose leg do we have to hump to get some of those
Sunflower rods?????? Me want.
I just saw this - you are quotable, Karen!
Old 2007-06-25, 12:55pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagibeads View Post
but wait--here's more LOL!
I am trying to think of different applications of these wonderful canes. And here is one of the ideas(please excuse--I don't make many sculptures, and this was going to be a frog but when I started making him I thought, well, he looks better as a dragon--so here is a hodge podge dragon!). The eye is made from Antique Beauty murrini. it really gives alot of nice depth. I dotted the center with Precision Jet Black, BTW):

the top is made with a gorgeous experimental color--it is pearly grey with lots of silver in it--even fumed the unobtanium with green and blue. I wish I had gotten more when Momka first offered it....Didn't know it would be the perfect color for dragons!
I just found this thread, following another one somewhere. I've ordered some rods from Janelle and yall's beads are just beautiful. But I have to say that dragon is the most incredible thing I've ever seen!!!! He's gorgeous!!! NO WAY are you a sculpt baby!!!! Unbelieveable!!!

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2007-07-02, 8:05am
Normal is Boring!!

I've posted in the other galleries but it does belong here I guess!!
I'm digging this Momkas' new cane- soooo fun to play with! I think I'm liking boro again!

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2007-07-02, 8:11am

Those are GORGEOUS.. WOW.

Old 2007-07-02, 8:32am
yukue fumei

Debbie--oh my--sorry I missed your post! Thank you so so much!!! You made my day!!!

Trudi-AMAZING SET!!Oh WOWIEEEEE!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nagi

Old 2007-07-02, 8:57am
Normal is Boring!!

Nagi-
I blame you for spending 800.00 buck a roos on Momka glass!! That stormy weather horse put me over the edge!! The amazing color made me go hunt down the glass! Which lead to buying everything else I could get my hands on. The beads better sell to help recoupe the spending drunk I went on!!! LOL

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2007-07-02, 1:46pm
yukue fumei

Thanks Trudi and OMG!!!

LOL!! I wish you many happy biddings!!!

nagi

Old 2007-07-04, 7:39am
Pyromaniac

Default heres one

I used murinni to make this pendant, backed with Momka's Almond nugget.
A little off center, but fun, Lana

Old 2007-07-04, 8:22am
yukue fumei

WOW!! That is soooo cool!! Really nice!!!

nagi

Old 2007-07-05, 6:51am

Momka was here in Deer Park Tuesday.. Wait till you guys see what is cooking lately! Tease Tickle and Tempt.....

Old 2007-07-05, 7:15am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Well since I have the priviledge of meeting Momka herself I just know it's gonna be so darn good!

Old 2007-07-08, 7:07pm
Normal is Boring!!

more flowr cane from me.....ssoooooo fun!

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2007-07-08, 9:24pm

Holy Moly.. Gorgeous! and I love the photo background too.

Old 2007-07-09, 7:01am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afterdark View Post
more flowr cane from me.....ssoooooo fun!
OMG Trudi those are gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you smell something burning, or is it just me??
Old 2007-07-09, 8:32am
Normal is Boring!!

Thanks guys!

I got a bit frustrated on the 4th with boro- spent 8 hours in the sizzling heat and lost over 20 beads in a different color combo- glass must not of been compatible-it's a mystery to me-dang it!
But this set turned out nice- it was a bit hard to photo but I think ya get the jist!

~
~

Antique Brass Findings

Old 2007-07-26, 1:40pm
I'm a lilac!

Here's a marble and some beads made with Gypsy Queen:

Old 2007-07-26, 2:26pm

Wow guys those are just stunning!
I can't imagine losing 20 beads in any torch session though. Wow that's alot!
I'm glad the final set worked out because it's gorgeous.
I really need to try boro more but I'm afraid I'm not going to get colors with a betta and one oxycon. Could I be wrong???
Irene

Old 2007-07-26, 3:53pm
Hummel factory reject

Really nice Kalera. Vortex marble is "tight" as the kids say....

Old 2007-07-27, 1:56am
I'm a lilac!

Thanks! I have to learn to take decent pictures of marbles now.... that one's got too much glare and the focus is at some random point in the clear.

Old 2007-07-27, 8:18am
ManBearPig

Here's a strange one... I found an old rod of Marlee and used it the other day. Apparently the "black" is cobalt. And, the colors are more metallic and transparent than what they use these days. Not sure how old this rod is. I'd say at least a year and a half or so. I kind of like it, actually...

This is what the new rods look like:

Well, you can't really see the difference in these photos that well. In real life the black in the turtle is really black. In the pendant it's blue. And the green in the turtle is like NS Forest Green, and in the pendant it's a pearl green like Moss.

Old 2007-07-27, 8:38pm

I have noticed that too! I was wondering why my marlee stuff looked different than others. I only notice the difference if I encase it. On surface work it looks the same. When I encase it I get that nice pearly green.

Old 2007-07-27, 8:40pm
yukue fumei

WOW--Kalera--WOW your beads are always stunning and that vortex is awesome!!!

Chad--beautiful! Your pendants rock! That is an interesting find!

nagi