No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-07-29, 7:51pm

Post Special DaVinci 2?

Hey y'all.

So, I have about a quarter of a pound of glass that I have no idea what to do with. I bought it at least 3 years ago, and it is labeled Special DaVinci 2. I believe that I bought it directly from Rocio. I know it should be striking, but all I can get out of it is a baby poo color. I've done a few searches, but all I can seem to find is how to work the transparent DaVinci. Any ideas or suggestions? And if you tell me to send it your way, whadda ya got to bribe me with?

Any finished pictures you have would be great

Thank you!

Making beads is my therapy, but the glass definitely costs more than a therapist!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Working on a Nortel Major Minor Burner with propane & EX-10 Oxygen Concentrator

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit my shop on Etsy ~ TrickyPixiesJewelry ~
See my latest designs on Pinterest

Last edited by trickypixies_jewelry; 2012-07-30 at 9:55am.
Old 2012-07-30, 1:01am
Naysayer

Oh wow those rods are so gorgeous! I haven't used Davinci2, only the regular.
Old 2012-07-30, 7:57am

Alyssa..if you are seriious about bribing, talk to me! Lol

I loved the Davici double amber purple and searched every where to find what seemed like the last 1/2 ound anywhere! I use it in the same way that I raku...as stringer decoration. It tends to like heat, cool and marvel, then gently reheat.

Beaded Chic

Old 2012-07-30, 5:31pm

Try pulling it as thin stringer and use it for dots, scrolls, poked flowers, etc. It really comes alive when used on top of other silver glass or intense black. One of my absolute favorites when used this way!

Handmade Murrini Chips, Glass Beads, & Lampwork Tutorials
Old 2012-07-30, 6:29pm

Lol Alright Donna....Whatcha got to tempt me with?

Thank you both for the tips, I think I'm going to try it one more time before I pass it off disgustedly to someone else.

Making beads is my therapy, but the glass definitely costs more than a therapist!

Old 2012-07-30, 10:35pm
Naysayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadedChic View Post
Alyssa..if you are seriious about bribing, talk to me! Lol

I loved the Davici double amber purple and searched every where to find what seemed like the last 1/2 ound anywhere! I use it in the same way that I raku...as stringer decoration. It tends to like heat, cool and marvel, then gently reheat.
Do they not make it anymore? I'm out of the silver glass loop pretty much, but I did like the Precision I've tried.
Old 2012-07-31, 7:23am

Hi Raveneque...while a lot of vendors still show it on their list, everyone has told me the same - that the double amber purple has been on backorder for awhile and they have no idea when it may come in and that was six months ago. The amount I was talking about was from a stained glass supplier and the rods were pretty obviously the last of what they had on hand (both thick, thin, short, and long).

@Alyssa...pretty sure you will like it as a stringer decoration! If not, then pm me and we can probably work out something... Lol.

Beaded Chic

Old 2012-07-31, 3:32pm

Okie dokie. I'm going to try a little bit for stringer and if it doesn't work out, I will definitely PM you, Donna.

Tags
davinci2, rocio, silver glass