Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2007-07-04, 4:52am

Default Is Spiral Dance Glass & Designs still open?

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I have been trying to access Spiral Dance Glass & Designs website for a few days now and I have been getting the message "there is a problem with the website's security certificate". Is the store still open or do I need to find another supplier of Uroboros 96 in rod form? Any help would be appreciated.

Lori
Old 2007-07-04, 5:23am

Lori:
I clicked the link from the kiosk vendor list and it opened up. Try it and see if it works for you.
Kay
Old 2007-07-04, 5:32am

I can get to the website but when I click on the Uroboros lI get the safety message. Lori
Old 2007-07-04, 5:48am

I started getting the security message when I switched from IE6 to IE7 3 or 4 months ago. Others have been getting that message too. It really makes one reluctant to use the web site to order. Maybe you could place an order by email or phone?
Old 2007-07-04, 5:51am
Looking for my waistline

That message is due to the security settings on the website's server. It doesn't have anything to do with whether or not the store is open or closed. The security certificate is something that the website owner purchases from an agency such as Entrust or some other web security company. It is like a key to a door. It protects the data sent from your computer to the web server. Without the certificate, your financial info sent via the internet is not encrypted and therefore, vulnerable to exploitation.

Send an email to the owner and have her check to see if she needs to purchase a new security key or check with her service provider to see if something is wrong with the certificate.

For those of you on IE7, there are a lot of issues right now with that software. It may not be an issue with the site or the certificate, but possibly something to do with IE7.
Old 2007-07-04, 8:47am

I get the message all the time and just click right past it. Yes, I want to go in.

And yes, they're still open. They send about 5 emails a WEEK, some of them 2-3 a day! ARGH! Get your thoughts together and send one! I don't need that many in a day!

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." ~Thomas Merton
Old 2007-07-04, 10:17am

Yes thier open and I waited around and missed out on thier frit sale last month.
Old 2007-07-04, 11:11am
Storm Queen

Quote:
I get the message all the time and just click right past it. Yes, I want to go in.

And yes, they're still open. They send about 5 emails a WEEK, some of them 2-3 a day! ARGH! Get your thoughts together and send one! I don't need that many in a day!
They stuck me on that email list without me ever buying from them or even going to their website. I finally got off of it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2007-07-04, 3:06pm

I get the same security thing when I click on her links from emails. I've gotten around it, but when it keeps happening I just click out of the site.

Vickie

My website:

Old 2007-07-04, 3:11pm
Ad astra per aspera

It must be an IE7 problem. I use Firefox and get no messages at all, but the payment portion definitely shows up as being a secured link.

Old 2007-07-04, 8:55pm

I sent an email and got no response ... I use firefox ...

Old 2007-07-07, 11:19am
i burnt my wookiee

yep, i get the same message... i just click the option to go to the site anyway. love her frits! love the weekly and sometimes daily emails, too. they don't bother me and i love the little reminder to go take a peek at all the goodies.

Help keep Lampwork Etc. alive and well, donate via paypal at
Old 2007-07-08, 10:09am

Quote:
It must be an IE7 problem. I use Firefox and get no messages at all, but the payment portion definitely shows up as being a secured link.
Nope. I only use Firefox and always got that message. Their certificate is under s different name. Like monstercites??? or something? I forget. It's not a problem actually. It's just the way she has the site set up.

"Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time." ~Thomas Merton
Old 2007-07-08, 10:11am

Quote:
They stuck me on that email list without me ever buying from them or even going to their website. I finally got off of it.
You're not the only person this has happened to either. How dare a company do this? And then, it's almost impossible to get taken off the list... a lot of hard work.

Old 2007-07-13, 4:53pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
You're not the only person this has happened to either. How dare a company do this? And then, it's almost impossible to get taken off the list... a lot of hard work.
It really floored me and I will never buy from any company that does that.

Old 2007-07-14, 2:26pm

Ok. THREE emails yesterday. WHY? Get your point across in one.

You know, the first one is always like "Sale! da, da,da, da". And the second email is "Sale ENDING, da, da....." & they're always like an hour and a half apart. Are you kidding me? Do you need to send me one for the sale and one to remind me that the sale is ending all within a 2 hour time frame?

And this AFTER I requested to be taken off of the list. GGRRRRR!!

Old 2007-07-14, 3:46pm

And I was drooling over their frit blends! I guess I'll have to stick with Glass Diversions and Val Cox.

Cheryl

Old 2007-07-14, 4:02pm

Oh, her frit blends are gorgeous! I just don't understand the business end. The email issue isn't the only issue I've had. There was one bigger.
Anyway, some of her blends really are TDF. Too bad. I don't want to order anymore b/c then I'll get 5 emails in one day.

Old 2007-07-15, 4:44pm
Burn baby, burn

Default delivery time?

Her frits are awesomely gorgeous, but the last batch I ordered were substandard, which really surprised me, because everyone raves about her product.

I contacted them and they responded quite quickly, apologized, and promised to replace the poor quality frits (colors had been substituted, some chunks were 7 mm long, others were powder) on my next order. So, I went ahead and ordered some more frits. I'm still waiting for them.

The next "hurry hurry sale sale" e-mail came, and I responded asking about my order, and letting them know it seemed a bit pressured to advertise another sale before even shipping the product from the last sale. That was about 3 or 4 days ago, no response so far.

For some reason what bugs me most is that this is a "summer solstice/earth day" sale, but earth day is in April, and the summer solstice is in June ... I kind of feel like I'm in a time warp or something.

Did anyone get their product yet from the last great frit sale? The colors are so gorgeous and I'm afraid I'll never get them. Lisa