Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2013-01-21, 8:09am

Wink

Speaking of "sexy"...... want to visit a "cat house" in Burano??! Here ya have it!

This cat is very hysterical. Last time I visited it, it gave me a full view of it's ass, as it proceeded to NOT want her photo taken, and got up, gave me its' rear view and proceeded to go inside its little house after shotting me a glare of not appreciating the poparazzi invasion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-01-21, 8:11am

Smile

THIS is your lunch room! What splendor and decadence to sit amongst!

Old 2013-01-21, 8:17am

Lucio's birthday is in April. I like to rub it in his getting older and all .... We do a pot luck party and have a nice chilled casual time of feasting and laughing. We have our students, their travel companions and a handfull of Lucio's best friends join us.

We have occasionally, special guest appearances. Here is Vittorio Costantini, Pino Signoretto and Roberto Dona.

Old 2013-01-22, 2:06pm
Oh, baby, I m'know...

Ahhh...That would be so much fun to do again. Maybe next year

Old 2013-01-23, 3:48am

Smile

Here's the studio cat, Juda! He and Lucio are complete buds..... Once Juda got lost for days, and by a miracle, Lucio and his good buddy, Diego, found him clear on the other side of the island! So many bridges..... so many different mazes of streets.

Juda is a good studio cat. He stays away, for the most part, when students are there. He mostly cares to be fed, and knows when it's lunchtime and is very boisterous about it. It likes to tenuously weave around these delicate sculptures up on the shelves and sometimes scare the begeezes out of you wondering which will come down first, the cat or the priceless sculpture.

Old 2013-01-26, 2:36am

Exclamation

This is new in Lucio's series of gondola pieces... It is GINORMOUS as it is spectacular !

These gondoleries sit in a forged iron gondola..... again, what a masterpiece! You can see it takes up the work table of three work stations!

Old 2013-01-26, 4:19am
Melody of Glass

Wow.

Wow.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Coming soon...

Old 2013-01-29, 7:30am

Hello Ofilia,

I sent you an e-mail, but just in case I had your e-mail address wrong I wanted to try to reach out to you here as well. Are there any spots left in the workshop in April?

Thanks!
Michelle
Old 2013-01-29, 8:56pm

Smile

Hi Michelle! Yes! We have a space for you! This is so cool that it has been a dream of yours to study with an Italian master. Lucio is your man. Studying in his studio is never short of amazing. You'll want to pinch yourself often.

I have sent you the details, and can catch you up on correspondence and get you introduced to our great group.

Looking forward to hearing from you and helping make your dream a reality

Old 2013-02-05, 10:55am

Smile

Ciao Michelle! I hope you have received your class roster intros. I must say, you win the prize for most decisive student! I'm really happy this has worked out for you. That is awesome you and your husband will be joining us. I cannot wait to meet you in Murano. I can literally say, "Your Palazzo awaits you!" .

Old 2013-02-05, 10:59am

Thumbs up

Here's a picture of Kim taking great notes as she watches one of Lucio's demos......

Old 2013-02-24, 7:46am

Smile

Here is a gorgeous "bead" of Lucio's. Very regal in stature! Also, we learn to make displays for our beads or sculptures. It's a very diverse learning experience not to be missed.... Ven con noi! There is still time to jump on board with our group.

Old 2013-02-28, 3:51pm

Thumbs up

Okay.... so how more can I tempttempt one of you guys to come to Murano with me in April?? I really belive you will have nooo regrets, but rather kick yourself for missing this opportunity .

Old 2013-03-28, 12:16pm
Missing presumed fed

A few pictures from a couple of years ago, in case anyone needs additional temptation.

One of Davide Salvadore's amazing vessels in the furnace:

Another cat from Burano -- before he kindly posed for this picture, he was jumping in and out of the fishing boats, obviously looking for scraps.

The view from my room on Murano:

Old 2013-04-02, 6:19pm

Smile

Thanks, Emily! It was so cool running into you at Beadfest in Philly this year. You having your images of your trip from a few years ago, handy on your Ipad, was so cool. I am really pleased how great the experience was for you. I do not exaggerate at all when I say it can be life changing . It's just an overall warm-fuzzy feeling you come away with from this heartfelt experience.

Make the most of every moment while in Murano and Burano and Venice! Live it like it is your Carpe Diem Vetro en Italia quest .........

Old 2013-04-03, 7:52am
Certified Glassaholic!

Amazing! Maybe next year for me

Old 2013-04-11, 8:10pm

This is one of those events that no matter how many times I go, I still put it at the top of my bucket list! Can't do 2013, but hoping for 2014!
Old 2013-04-20, 6:28pm

Wink

Ciao, Laurie, that really means a lot to me. I still remember when you were getting cold feet your first trip, and I talked you back into getting over it, and taking the leap. I have lost track of all your trips now! It's a good thing.....

Old 2013-04-20, 9:05pm
Flame Dames Rule!

Have a fabulous time, Ofilia. I wish I was going to be there with you...

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2013-04-21, 8:43am
I ate a big red candle!

I wish I wasn't broke! I probably always will be too. Someday though!

My fledgling etsy shop

Old 2013-04-21, 11:31am

I wish I were in Murano right now as well! I'm thinking "Happy Birthday" and wishing you all a wonderful time, and I hope to see you all again next year!

GTT-Scorpion, Carlisle Lucio Burner / 2x8l 17.5psi concentrators
Old 2013-04-22, 11:14am
Wonder-wench

I wish I was there!

Ofilia, please put me on the list for 2014, I will be saving my pennies