Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-05-28, 12:29pm
Lover of Life

Default Effetre cool color Strawberry Shake... any success?

Hello,

I picked some of this glass up yesterday. It was so pretty in the rod, with soft pink and white streaked and swirled in. After taking it to the flame though, it's pretty much white. I tried hotter and colder flames, and hoped I might see a difference after the kiln, but nothing. Has anybody else tried, and what were your results?

BTW, I also grabbed some Blueberry Marble (Effetre cool colors). This one I really like... very pretty!

Becky
Old 2008-05-29, 2:29pm
It's all about the color.

Please check your PM box. Thanks Becky.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-05-29, 2:39pm
Gay rights R human rights

Is it a secret? I'm sure others would like to know any other tips for this colour.

bravo torch with 2 ex20's
Old 2008-05-29, 4:01pm

When I ordred my Cool Colors, I got them all, except the Strawberry Shake which was already gone. I sent her a PM asking if she would sell me about 3". Since this isn't the garage sale area, I just didn't know if I should ask here, but wanted to be sure she checked her PMs.

(If the link doesn't work, edit the s out of your browser. It should be "http" not "https" Sometimes LE put in an S just for the heck of it.)

Last edited by Listenup; 2008-05-29 at 4:04pm.
Old 2008-05-29, 4:07pm
Cancer SUCKS!

I saw the strawberry shake and it looks more peachish to me. Not sure how it melts though.

Maybe someone will chime in here soon.

Old 2008-05-29, 4:19pm
Sandi

I have the strawberry shake also and it came out of the kiln almost white...no streaks and you wouldn't know it was pink....the glass in rod form is gorgeous but not as beads; at least not for me.

Sandi

Old 2008-05-29, 4:50pm
da General

I can't believe which is which . . . I made one bead with Cherry Shake and one with Strawberry Shake and one was almost all white and the other had a wee bit of light pinkish streaks as Kimberly said.

|
|
|
|
Old 2008-05-29, 11:25pm

So, while they may not show much, does anyone have any pictures of the beads they made that we can see? I hope to play with Cherry Shake tomorrow (eek, later today). When I get the sample that sweet Becky is going to send me, I'll show you what I get with both.

Old 2008-05-30, 3:21am

i used the green tea and although i love the very light mint green color i barely got any streaks at all..

Old 2008-05-30, 8:59am
Lover of Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listenup View Post
So, while they may not show much, does anyone have any pictures of the beads they made that we can see?
I have one or two (one for sure) that I will try to take a pic of later today. I'm still a newbie, so I'm not too free with showing my stuff yet, cus a lot of it's pretty fugly!

I will have your glass shipped off tomorrow at the latest. Hope you can figure out its tricks (assuming it has any... )

Becky
Old 2008-05-30, 11:27am

Yeah, I was disappointed by strawberry shake. The rods are so pretty and the you get .... white. I really like the blueberry marble and the green tea.

Amy

Old 2008-05-31, 2:36am

Yeah, strawberry shake was kind of blah for me. Very pale pink, almost white. I do like the green tea, though.
The cool colors are expensive, too!

Old 2008-05-31, 2:56pm
Lover of Life

Default Blah and more blah

Well, here is one made with Strawberry Shake (wherever there is white, that's Strawberry Shake, on its own and encased in the middle), Blueberry Marble and trans yellow. No "strawberry" to be seen!

Becky
Old 2008-05-31, 3:34pm

Default Cherry shake white also

I played with Cherry Shake this week and had high hopes.. but all the beads came out white.. the rod is really nice, but the end product does not compare..

Liz
Old 2008-06-01, 10:11pm
Reality Impaired

I was about to order some of these colors -maybe I'll just wait a bit and see if anyone figures out the "trick" to them.

Thanks for te heads up!
Old 2008-06-02, 4:44pm
sunscreen me baby

Darn it! I ordered some and I'm so not a white person. I still have some of the very first pound I ordered almost 4 years ago..... *sigh*

~

Old 2017-09-09, 6:36am

Default Strawberry Shake

This thread is old, but... I did not have success with this color either. I ended up with a mostly white (barely pink) bead and one tiny pink streak.

Although, it may have worked better as a base with frit. I used the same frit in all three beads. The first beads is Strawberry Shake alone. Then I used frit in Strawberry Shake, Chai, and Dirty Martini. There does seem to be a bit of a reaction with the Strawberry Shake. The green pops more and seems to react with the base.
Attached Images

-
-

Last edited by SWCreations; 2017-09-09 at 8:44am. Reason: Attach pictures, accurate info, adding another picture
Old 2017-09-09, 7:49am

Two things come to mind to try, since you already have the glass you don't have much to lose.

One: is it possible that this kind of glass shows the streaks more if "worked", like gravity swirling it, poking and dragging it with tools, adding dots on top of dots/dragging thin lines over the base color?

Two: Does it work better in tandem with a really reactive color? For the longest time I was disappointed in biscotti, until I started using it with Canyon De Chelly and Green Copper Red, then all of a sudden it was the perfect base color for me.
Old 2017-09-09, 8:47am

Default Strawberry Shake

I will give it a try. Do you have any reactive color suggestions?

-
-
Old 2017-09-09, 11:10am
Slogan Challenged...

Stephanie, I think you are on to something, I really like that frit bead with the strawberry shake base.

Facebook:

Etsy: