LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2010-03-29, 9:05pm
Tacki

Default Coming soon (I think)...

A few people have expressed interest in a tutorial on this bead. I'm shooting for next week. It will teach you how to cram a whole boatload of murrini inside a tiny pandora bead and leave them raised inside the clear encasement.

Is there any interest in this?

Old 2010-03-29, 9:14pm
Otter

Very cool Traci,

I would love to know how to do that.

Very cool,

John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Murrini for Sale
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#R124

Last edited by Otter; 2010-03-29 at 9:14pm. Reason: wanted to add more info
Old 2010-03-29, 9:17pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Yup! I'm guessing it can be done on boro too?

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2010-03-29, 9:19pm
Tacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
No idea, but I can try! I wonder how long it will take me to make some boro murrini on my little cricket & oxycon
Old 2010-03-30, 3:06am

YES YES
Old 2010-03-30, 6:29am
Sorry for party rockin'

I can't wait, I love those beads!!!!!

Old 2010-03-30, 6:48am
Dichro Addict

Woot! As soon as I saw Traci's murrini beads I talked her into a trade! I LOVE MY BEAD! It looks like a little coral reef. I have no idea how she gets her murrini to dome like that under the encasing without monster bubbles. AWESOME!

Old 2010-03-30, 6:52am
Cancer SUCKS!

ME ME

Old 2010-03-30, 10:34am

Thanks for doing this tut Traci! Can't wait! Then I'd love to know the steps you take to get the nice doming on your coring. Tut #2?

Last edited by Vicki B.; 2010-03-30 at 10:38am.
Old 2010-03-30, 12:10pm
Live and Let Live

Well YA! Since I can never seem to get one of yours that I like before they're sold out, and since the 1 time I attempted this, my bead was in about 8 pieces when I took it out of the kiln... I'd be all over this tutorial.

Old 2010-03-30, 12:12pm
Anyone need some spacers?

Yeah, I can't wait.

Old 2010-03-30, 12:46pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Old 2010-03-30, 3:41pm
organically speaking

I can't wait! I'm not much for tutorials as I can usually work it out on my own, but I am seriously 'encasing challenged'. Throw in some murrini and it's just a lost cause. I'll be first in line.

~Laurie

Old 2010-03-31, 10:41am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Want!

Old 2010-03-31, 12:59pm
Tacki

Ok Mizz Karen, it does work with Boro. It's sinfully ugly, and I've made a total of 6 boro beads in my entire life. It took me about 30 minutes to get a simple boro murrini pull which was about 3 inches long. BUT I did it. I'll post a picture when I get home.
Old 2010-03-31, 2:38pm
Tacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
lol... here it is

I'm a total boro noob and I have no idea what I'm doing... colors are awful and it took me forever to make it, but yeah... it works!
Old 2010-03-31, 2:43pm
Tweedle Dumb

Traci, will it cover how to make your "simple murrini" too? Pretty please.

<Click For My Latest Murrini!

<Click! For Pandora Style Beads!
Old 2010-03-31, 2:56pm
Tacki

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie lynne View Post
Traci, will it cover how to make your "simple murrini" too? Pretty please.
Yep I'm not putting too much about making murrini on it since I buy most of mine and lots of murrini tutorials are out there, but I am putting the recipe on there for my favorite murrini and simple instructions on how to make it.

Old 2010-03-31, 3:06pm
Tweedle Dumb

Yeah!! Thanks Traci!

Old 2010-04-01, 6:59am
Moving On

cool!!!

Old 2010-04-02, 12:53pm

Anxiously waiting . . .

Old 2010-04-02, 1:03pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I'm in! Do it! Do it! Do it!

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-04-02, 2:41pm
formerly JewelsByJenny

I can't wait for this! I am a murrini virgin and I am going to start with this, I'm off to go murrini shopping

Jenny

Old 2010-04-02, 3:53pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Getcher butt in gear girl! If it works on boro, then
I'm in too.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2010-04-03, 2:07pm

I'm in too!

Old 2010-04-04, 7:20pm
working to pay for glass

me to .... can hardly wait to try it with lori and kims new murrini !
Old 2010-04-05, 9:46pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

Awww, thank you Melissa!

And for you, Miss Traci...in the words of Steve Martin...."Are you through yet?"

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2010-04-06, 8:04am
Anyone need some spacers?

I am ready with cash in hand

Old 2010-04-06, 8:48am

I will definitely purchase this tutorial!!! All I can do with my murinni is smush them into oblivion. Your beadies are so freaking cool!

Old 2010-05-04, 7:24am
Tweedle Dumb

Tap . Tap . Tacki , you there ?