Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-12-14, 11:11am

Smile 10th International Flameworking Converence March, 2010

Don't know how many of you had had the opportunity to join any of these events, but here is a chance for you to get to meet the past 9 featured artists for this very cool event! I've only missed three of these and will not miss this one.

Here's the link: http://www.salemcc.edu/glass/conference/index.php Get on their mailing list so you can register as soon as it becomes available.

Not a lot of information up yet, but it's a super great long weekend event you should not miss if you are serious about your flamworking! It's very casual, very inexpensive and a lot of fun to meet others of like interests, including some young and upcoming artists.

The nearest airport to go, if you need to fly, is Philladelphia. Then you do need a car, as driving to Salem is a bit far. There are generally two hotels that offer the group discount rate, Holliday Inn Express and the other Holliday Inn a bit farther out.

Continental breakfasts and sack lunches have been included in the modest conference fee in the past. Hope they still will, (don't see why they would change it). Plus they have a nice reception evening.

Hope you can make it and bring a friend!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-12-14, 11:48am
Happy Beadmaker!

I have wanted to go to this forever -- took a Stankard class and he was telling us about it, sounded wonderful!

Thanks for the nudge!
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2009-12-14, 12:18pm
BeadsonCypress

ohhhh Loren's going to be there!!!!!! I won't miss it this year!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2009-12-14, 1:11pm

Smile

And word to the wise..... reserve your room early if you want the Express in Carney's Point! Remember to mention that you want the "conference rate" (well, not a whole lot cheaper then regular rate $95 vs 100, but it's something)

BUT...... RIGHT NOW, if you call the main HI number, and ask for the "Manager's Special", you can get the room for $70 plus tax! This also includes a continental breakfast that is pretty decent, and not offered at the larger HI.

I fly in early Friday and leave Sunday night. Really cheap on expenses that way!

Old 2009-12-14, 3:18pm
BeadsonCypress

Ha! Finally something I can drive to!!

Old 2009-12-17, 6:31pm

Thank you Ofilia! I have my room at the Manager's Special. I can't wait for this conference. It is going to be even more fantastic than year's past.
Old 2010-01-07, 12:59pm

Red face

Okay, got my room, got the PLAN, but has anyone else noticed how absolutely ridiculous domestic air fares are, this past month!! I used to be able to buy this fare for $175RT a couple years back. Right now, and every since I posted this, it's been at and over $300 for a flight that is only 1 hour 20 minutes..... Give me a break.

Last edited by Ofilia; 2010-01-12 at 1:24pm.
Old 2010-01-11, 1:57pm

The registration form has been posted on the college website: http://www.salemcc.edu/glass/conference/index.php.
Old 2010-01-11, 2:12pm
In search of her path....

I agree Ofilia, Ive been checking airfairs for a few different things I d like to do and Im such overwhelmed with how much the rates have increased its just insane.

Prints for sale in my
!
Old 2010-01-12, 11:28am

Smile

Thanks for the heads up, Tracy! Nice to see the banquet is only $25 now instaed of the $50 it used to be. With so many featured artists, it would be something not to miss this time around.

I'm checking on line for fare fluctuations, and if I spot a day something good, I'll post here. Sometimes, they sell out of bargin fares earlier in the day, so I say check early and check often. Sometimes, perseverence pays off.

Old 2010-01-12, 11:54am
BeadsonCypress

A lot of low budget airlines fly into Atlantic City.....try them!

Old 2010-01-12, 1:22pm

Smile

Woo-hoo! Just got a fare on United $100 cheaper then the average non stop fare I've been watching for this past month! I'm a happy camper now!

The flight from Chicago to Philly, is under 2 hours. It's not worth a stopover anywhere, and pretty easy to get to and from Salem with a rental car. I'm happy, didn't need to use a voucher for a more expensive fare!

Old 2010-01-12, 1:30pm
critter creator

I'm bummed to miss this, but I'll be there next year!!! It's easy to go when living only a few hundred miles away
Old 2010-01-12, 2:05pm

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast Master View Post
I'm bummed to miss this, but I'll be there next year!!! It's easy to go when living only a few hundred miles away
So, you going to move back to the east coast, Wes? I think you should still come......It's going to be crazy insane with all those Italians there and Loren!

Old 2010-01-12, 4:28pm
critter creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofilia View Post
you going to move back to the east coast?
YES!!!

Quote:
I think you should still come...
I probably would IF I hadn't just bought tickets to go visit my friends in Tucson next month!

Last edited by vetropod; 2010-01-12 at 5:00pm. Reason: overshare
Old 2010-01-14, 11:52am

Smile

I'm happy for you, Wes! I'll bet you will be happy to be back around 'some' more civilization, familiar grounds, family and less "winter". Your long winters would make me crazy!

Maybe we'll see you at ISGB's Rochester conference this summer?

Old 2010-01-14, 5:06pm
critter creator

Quote:
Maybe we'll see you at ISGB's Rochester conference this summer?
If you're there, then I'll definitely see you!
Old 2010-02-20, 5:32pm

Smile

I hope more of you on the fence about making this event, have the opportunity to attend! When else will so many wonderful masters be presenting in such an event and be all about the torch? It's a small venue place and it makes everyone feel very comfortable and has a great atmosphere.