Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2011-08-04, 1:22pm
I'm meeeeelting

One more month!!!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-08-04, 1:28pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Whoo hoo!!!

Old 2011-08-04, 8:38pm
I like to melt things

Can't wait!

Time to start the obsessive listmaking and having odd dreams about the demo

-
-
Old 2011-08-04, 8:46pm

Melanie ~ No odd dreams about the demo.... you've been there and done that (demo) (and probably the dreams... lol....). This time will be a snap! Have fun!

Old 2011-08-04, 8:56pm
I like to melt things

I don't have demo stress or anything - it was the easiest thing ever last year.

I mean obsessive planning dreams and crap I forgot my marver dreams and the odd dream where everyone else has turned into gnome statues or my tools become flexible and useless like udon noodles.

Maybe I just need to not eat cheese in the evening ever again.

-
-

Last edited by MelanieG; 2011-08-04 at 9:06pm. Reason: Autocorrect
Old 2011-08-04, 8:58pm
Beyond Cloud 9!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oenone View Post
everyone else has turned into gnome statues
LOL

Old 2011-08-06, 1:28pm
Dakine glass man

leslie,
If Kevin shows up again this year with his laptop we can stream almost the entire time via stickam.

Lampwork by John Lindquist
Old 2011-08-06, 2:16pm

Melanie ~ You are too funny!

Old 2011-08-06, 2:17pm

John ~ That would be awesome and then you can't see me when I flub everything that I try to do in class.... lol.....

But I'm so gonna miss you all!

Old 2011-08-07, 8:55am

The count down is on!!! I am getting nervous now, breathe.... deb t breathe.......

Old 2011-08-07, 5:19pm
Still makin' flowers...

Don't be nervous Deb. We don't bite... much.

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-08-11, 4:35pm
I'm meeeeelting

3 more weeks!!!

Deb, by the end of the first morning you'll be having a blast and wondering what in the heck you were nervous about.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-08-11, 6:57pm

I know I know but its just so nerve racking to meet all the artists that I have been in awww of for so many years and to finally meet them, and all in one place, for almost a whole week. Just overwhelming don't you think. I better start packing so I will be ready!!!

Old 2011-08-20, 8:45pm
Wooohooo,GS!

Whew, a little less than 2 weeks, we are scrambling but getting supplies in and boxes ready!

I had family for almost 2 weeks, also took on a large commission of 6 stained glass windows and a huge sandblasted mirror to get out this last 2 months. Plus finished siding/flashing the torch studio and cut up all the rouge wood and half standing trees around the property. Split, dried and stacked 5 cords of firewood for the winter already too, my new husky chainsaw (a Christmas present, lol!) got some serious use!

It has been a really busy couple of months around here! One stained glass window left to do after Glass Stock, the rest are now delivered, yippee!

Deb T, it will be over so fast you will wonder why you even worried

I will be at the Eugene Flame Off keeping time from Friday until Sunday the 28th. Then back home for a birthday bash Monday and last minute packing before the exodus to EGS with the supplies, kilns, tools, etc.

If anyone posts questions here please step up this next weekend if any of you can answer them.

Thanks so much and see you all in 10 days or so!
Hugs, deb

Old 2011-08-20, 9:39pm
Type ZZZ personality

Can't wait Deb!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2011-08-21, 8:04pm
Angel's Mom

10 days!!!!
Old 2011-08-22, 8:28am
Still makin' flowers...

I leave Saturday for Oregon, and will help Deb stuff teachers boxes on Monday evening!

Today, I shipped off a box of stuff I'll be putting in the auction. Every bit helps for tool and torch upkeep, to get any supplies for next year that Deb needs to buy, and just for fun!

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2011-08-22, 1:12pm
Angel's Mom

Thanks for posting the packing list again, Hannah, and thanks to Felicia for putting it up, too. It's helping make the job less stressful!

I'm bringing Skeleton Keys for the auction....
Old 2011-08-22, 4:59pm
Mandrel Slayer

I can't wait. I leave Friday from work and am going to spend a few days in Salem with the family. I am so ready to get out of Texas. Too darn hot this year.

Bonny

Nothing right now

What happens in Rockland, stays in Rockland.....
Hellcat, Two M-15s, propane and finally no tanked oxy.
Old 2011-08-22, 9:03pm
I'm meeeeelting

I leave next Monday for a couple of days in Portland on the way to Eugene. I'll definitely be bringing a couple of items for the raffle/auction.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-08-22, 11:45pm
Type ZZZ personality

I can't believe it's almost here!

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2011-08-23, 8:07am
Wooohooo,GS!

Aw, girls, I love you all!

I am getting boxes ready....Bernie will be here soon and we will get the rest rustled up when Hannah and Shawn come to help and pack! THANKS everyone!

The featured sponsors (bring glass mula!) are Trautman Art Glass (TAG) and Winship/Glasscraft! I can't wait to play with some of the new TAG color, woohoo!
And it is always great to have Deb P, Paul T and Jenny N in the house!!! AND Didi is coming, woohoo!

Thanks for bringing auction items folks, this year's sign up is low and we just made the budget. I am thrilled that even with a really crappy economy you can't stop the glassy love, ahhhh!

Patty, that is great you are coming to the FO! We can use all the help we can get on Tues/Wed to set up too! We are headed home Sunday late and back there on Tues about noon.

BIG glassy hugs and love!

deb and the GS home team (lol)

Old 2011-08-23, 10:43am
just another glass addict

I'm thinking of arriving in Eugene on Monday or Tuesday if you need more help Deb. I have a minimal plan about what I'm doing, but I am seeing friends in Lincoln City and stopping in Portland (woot Jenny N) this weekend. Give me something to do after that and I'll have a plan that's better than aimlessly wandering the streets of Oregon waiting for GS!

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2011-08-23, 10:50am
Beyond Cloud 9!

Whoo hoo!!! I'm leaving for Portland (to Felicia's house) on Saturday. Then we're heading to Portland for a few, and then onto the Par-tay!!! Getting excited! Can't wait to see the glass family!!!

Old 2011-08-23, 11:16am
I'm meeeeelting

Um, Lisa, fly to Seattle, not Portland, or you'll be sitting in the Portland airport for a couple of days. LOL.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-08-23, 11:37am
Beyond Cloud 9!

LOL!!!! They do have good coffee at that airport, but I think I'll head to Seattle instead.

Old 2011-08-24, 6:05am
working to pay for glass

Wow Just found the info about Glass Stock ! It definitely looks like the most awesome glass festival I have ever seen !! Sure hope I find out about it sooner next year I would love to go !! Have fun !!
Old 2011-08-26, 8:37am
I'm meeeeelting

One week!!!

Six, Deb posts the info on her website, debcrowley.com.

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Old 2011-08-28, 9:45am
just another glass addict

I am picking up at the Eugene airport Wednesday at around noon. If anyone needs picking up within an hour either side of noon send me a pm. I have lots of room!

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2011-08-29, 6:46am
Wooohooo,GS!

Hey everyone!
Has a BLAST at the Flame Off, always a great time and getting to see everyone is the BEST! Couldn't have been better!

Six, yes, we have info up all year...signs up start in March for both Glass Stocks, payments are appx June.

Polly, YES, we can always use help! If you are going to LC please come by the house, we are doing a birthday barbque/party thang...do you remember how to get here? If not, I will PM you. We will be here until tomorrow about 10 am, then the exodus starts, lol!

I am soooo excited, this year is going to be awesome, we have 12 "guest artists" coming to tear it up, maybe even John Kobuki!!!!

We will have over a dozen CCs going and a total of 40 torches blazing....the donations of glass were amazing again this year, we have some serious melting ahead!

See all of you soon!
Glassy love, smiles and hugs!
deb